PDA

View Full Version : 3 Recently Published RP Letters to Editors

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Voters: Say yes to Dr. No
260 words
13 July 2007
The News-Star (Monroe, LA)

Real conservatives have always supported low taxes and low spending. Read the words of the only really conservative candidate for president in 2008:

"But today, too many politicians and lobbyists are spending America into ruin. We are $9 trillion in debt as a nation. Our mounting government debt endangers the financial future of our children and grandchildren. If we don't cut spending now, higher taxes and economic disaster will be in their future and yours.

"In addition, the Federal Reserve, our central bank, fosters runaway debt by increasing the money supply —making each dollar in your pocket worth less. The Fed is a private bank run by unelected officials who are not required to be open or accountable to 'we the people'."

Worse, our economy and our very independence as a nation are increasingly in the hands of foreign government such as China and Saudi Arabia, because their central banks also finance our runaway spending.

We cannot continue to allow private banks, wasteful agencies, lobbyists, corporations on welfare and governments collecting foreign aid to dictate the size of our ballooning budget. We need a new method to prioritize our spending. It's called the Constitution of the United States."

This man is a 10-time congressman from Lake Jackson, Texas and has delivered over 4,000 babies. The people on Capital Hill call him Dr. No because that is what he tells the corporate lobbyists when they come calling.

His name is Dr. Ron Paul.

Rick Taylor

Shreveport

Opinion
Letters
877 words
13 July 2007
The Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO)

Gazette missed mark in attack on Paul

In its July 7 Our View, "White House hogs?," The Gazette claimed that Ron Paul had a "pretty weak" arguments in defense of his earmarks. Perhaps that was because the paper chose a weak quote to use.

Although we all have a distaste for earmarks, we must remember that the people can ask our representatives to request these earmarks in the first place. This is one reason why Paul has made so many earmark requests.

To quote a Houston Chronicle article, "The way it works in Paul's office is that local groups and officials from his district make pitches to him for federal funding. The congressman passes along those recommendations to the Appropriations Committee as earmark requests. Paul said he tries to treat everyone equally and rejects few requests. He said it would be unfair 'for me to close the door and say this is a bunch of junk.' "

It would also be nice to remember what Paul also said about earmarks when he said, "I don't think they should take our money in the first place. But if they take it, I think we should ask for it back."

Perhaps most telling about this congressman is that just because he makes the request, it does not mean he supports bills simply to get the money requested in these earmarks. Paul himself has said he would likely vote against the spending bills even if they included earmarks he sought.

Paul is considered a "Taxpayer Hero" by Citizens Against Government Waste, the same group The Gazette tried to use to discredit him. Paul has never voted to increase taxes, he has never voted for an unbalanced budget, and he has never voted to raise congressional pay.

Instead of criticizing this man for a few earmarks which his constituents asked for, perhaps The Gazette should be commenting about how he has helped save you and me a lot of money.

Richard Lyons

Colorado Springs

Letters
The Detroit News
1043 words
13 July 2007
The Detroit News

Support Paul

I have been extremely disappointed in The Detroit News' refusal to cover Dr. Ron Paul. He has been featured on the front page of the Washington Post and the cover of the American Conservative, but this paper does not find him newsworthy. He's the only anti-war Republican running for president.

Marianne Bowker

Belleville

DeadheadForPaul
07-15-2007, 11:19 PM
All I have to say: :)

The fires of liberty are spreading

torchbearer
07-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Go Louisiana! The News Star is part of the Gannet family of news papers.