PDA

View Full Version : you guys were asking about the scrolling LED namebadges

Roxi
07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
heres a video of us handing out flyers last week and for those of you who were asking about the scrolling LED badges we are wearing them in this video so you can see what they look like

the ones we got are normally 40 but the guy who owns the company sells them to Ron Paul supporters at cost which is 20 dollars....

his website is http://www.streettags.com but if you want one at cost email him (his name is jake) at jakepeters@jppromo.com

let him know you are a member of a meetup group and roxi posted his email on the ron paul forums for RP supporters to get one

here is the video link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7Uu09IpyQ

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
how was the reception you guys got? seemed like some folks were quite interested...but i know the fake enthusiasm when handing out fliers like that haha.

nayjevin
07-15-2007, 09:58 PM
how was the reception you guys got?

I'm on this video. The reception that evening was not as good as usual, but still well worth it. At the time of day we were doing it the crowd was smaller than usual.

maybe most of the people at this outdoor mall were there to shop or for some specific purpose (as opposed to just hanging out, as most are later on when there's live music).

At any rate, at this location, with this same group, we feel like we've been successful. About 10-15% have heard of RP (but most of those don't know much), 20% are willing to talk about it a bit, 50 - 60% take the flyer with a positive exchange, only 5% are outwardly negative (beyond no thanks). I don't think there's a single time we've gone out and haven't met an existing RP supporter.

With the T-Shirts and namebadges, and staying together as a group, we found that FAR more people approach voluntarily for information than when by ourselves, and/or not in 'uniform'.

Roxi
07-15-2007, 09:59 PM
we go once or twice a week.....most of the time our reception is amazing, people are really interested in hearing what young people have to say about politics especially once we start in about the issues...we get an average amount of "bush rocks" and "im a democrat" and "im voting for obama" but i would say 8 of 10 people take a flyer 7 of ten seem to read most of it 4 are really excited about having a decent republican candidate and 1 or 2 have been immediate supporters

one guy even started helping us hand out flyers and joined the meetup group
we have had very little negative feedback....even the cops told us "you guys are supposed to have a permit to hand out flyers here, were not telling you to stop, just letting you know you are supposed to have them"

nayjevin
07-15-2007, 10:03 PM
so i guess average our numbers :)

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 10:17 PM
good to hear. i'm thinking about seeing if our meetup group might want to get something like this going down at City Walk (where universal studios is). There are literally thousands of people there daily, so if we could get even 10-15 people down there, it would be ridiculous.

Roxi
07-15-2007, 10:21 PM
please do every meetup group should be doing this AT LEAST once a week

FreedomLover
07-15-2007, 10:37 PM
good to hear. i'm thinking about seeing if our meetup group might want to get something like this going down at City Walk (where universal studios is). There are literally thousands of people there daily, so if we could get even 10-15 people down there, it would be ridiculous.

O man, that would be a goldmine . Please do it! :D

Roxi
10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Bump since this was WAY WAY buried... also batteries are 28 cents ea.