PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Straw Poll, August 16th, State Fair in Springfield

Thom1776
07-15-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/nearwest/chi-strawpoll12jul12,1,3922221.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearwest-hed

This is a "free" straw poll. Anyone with a valid Illinois ID can participate.

FreedomLover
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
With a price like that, there is no reason our friends in Illinois can't get together and show some amazing support for Ron Paul.

"It costs nothing, but it means everything." :cool:

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 08:08 PM
got some large meetup groups in illinois? i would assume chicago would.

Wyurm
07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/nearwest/chi-strawpoll12jul12,1,3922221.story?coll=chi-newslocalnearwest-hed

This is a "free" straw poll. Anyone with a valid Illinois ID can participate.

Yeah, I'm definitely going and I've added it as a meetup to my meetup group. If enough of us go, I'm sure it will be a win for RP, though IL seems to be more of a Dem. state. Now if Obama was a Republican, I'd be incredibly worried.

Edit: Oh, and the straw poll is free but isnt the admission to the fair 3 bucks and parking is 7?

ShaneC
07-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I haven't lived there in several years now, but back in the day, IL was mostly a Dem state.

The reason they were more a Dem state seems to be they were an "Anti-Neocon state" and thus took everything the Dem's offered (or shoved) at them.

The southern half of the state could most deffinatly get behind RP, IMHO.

No offense to the "Northerners of IL", but I won't attempt to speak on their behalf, as I honestly don't know.

cujothekitten
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
The state is blue because of Chicago and the Quad Cities. There is a strong libertarian and anarchist streak though… there are also plenty of people that are sick and tired of the democrats. We’ve had some of the largest anti-war protests in the country, one of which had over 1,000 people arrested at it when the cops decided to just round us all up.