PDA

View Full Version : FEC Presidential Earnings Reports for Q2 2007

interpaul
07-15-2007, 07:30 PM
It's official...Paul is #3. http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/

However, Paul's name recognition is still far behind that of Rudy McRomney so we have to get the word out. More importantly, start finding out how to become a delegate to the RNC per your state: http://delegate.notlong.com Thanks, everybody!

Johnnybags
07-15-2007, 07:35 PM
I wanna see if he is out real soon.

Bradley in DC
07-15-2007, 07:36 PM
The quarterly filings have been posted in other threads

The information on your site is just flat out wrong. You confuse the processes for the electoral college and state and national conventions. You don't understand the legal terminalogies (you say "primary" then describe a caucus), etc. Your "alternative" stealth approach is simply illegal: the campaigns will file their slate of delegat canddates with the state Secretaries of State and are then usually (in your state for three votes) legally bound to those candidates for several votes. After confusing processes, terms, and approaches, you then send people off to the state Republican parties which (except for SC) have NO LEGAL ROLE in the selection of the presidential nominating convention delegates.

I have explained all of this to you numerous times. You are HURTING THE CAMPAIGN. At Kent Snyder's personal request, I am working on the delegate selection/ballot access processes for the campaign.

No one should follow any of Anson's advice if they support Dr. Paul.

Lord Xar
07-15-2007, 07:51 PM

The information on your site is just flat out wrong. You confuse the processes for the electoral college and state and national conventions. You don't understand the legal terminalogies (you say "primary" then describe a caucus), etc. Your "alternative" stealth approach is simply illegal: the campaigns will file their slate of delegat canddates with the state Secretaries of State and are then usually (in your state for three votes) legally bound to those candidates for several votes. After confusing processes, terms, and approaches, you then send people off to the state Republican parties which (except for SC) have NO LEGAL ROLE in the selection of the presidential nominating convention delegates.

I have explained all of this to you numerous times. You are HURTING THE CAMPAIGN. At Kent Snyder's personal request, I am working on the delegate selection/ballot access processes for the campaign.

??? i am confused....

UCFGavin
07-15-2007, 07:51 PM

what?

torchbearer
07-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Bradley, elaborate on what you are saying... i must have missed an entire thread or something?

bojo68
07-15-2007, 08:21 PM

Well, currently I'm trying to get my people into the republican party, and I'd appreciate any detail you can provide as to just exactly what is necessary for them to do, and many aren't particularly happy hanging out in those circles. I guess I'm worried if I just send folks into the party, the party will use them for all kinds of irrelevant garbage and it will all be for naught. If you reply to the please send an email also.

JoshLowry
07-15-2007, 08:26 PM
More importantly, start finding out how to become a delegate to the RNC per your state: http://delegate.notlong.com Thanks, everybody!

Bradley is refering to this URL.

We don't need 'stealth supporters'. If you become a delegate let everyone know including the other delegates that you support RP, wear RP gear etc etc...

I am also interested in seeing Tancredo's numbers.

FreedomLover
07-15-2007, 08:43 PM
My guesses:

Hunter: 400,000

Tancredo: 900,000

Bradley in DC
07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Bradley is refering to this URL.

We don't need 'stealth supporters'. If you become a delegate let everyone know including the other delegates that you support RP, wear RP gear etc etc...

I am also interested in seeing Tancredo's numbers.

Thanks, Josh. EDIT: see my exchange on this topic here: http://ronpaulforum.com/showpost.php?p=766&postcount=4

Regarding Tancredo's numbers, I called and talked with Tancredo's finance guy on Thursday and included his numbers (updatesd as of a few days ago) here:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=6861&highlight=fundraising+numbers

Harry96
07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Not all of this is new information, but some things I notice:

Romney raised nearly $21 million this quarter, but he spent all but about $200,000 of it, so his cash-on-hand is only $200,000 or so more than it was at the end of Q1. He only has about $12 million on-hand, plus $9 million of debt. Romney would probably be about finished if he weren't wealthy enough to finance his campaign for as long as he chooses to.

Brownback raised $1.4 million, which is more than any other "second-tier" candidate but Ron Paul, but he spent $1.8 million, so his cash-on-hand is only about $460,000, which is barely half of what he had on-hand at the end of Q1. I originally saw him hanging on through the primaries; now I think he'll be out soon.

Huckabee, who seems to be the establishment's favorite "second-tier" candidate, only raised $765,000 and has $373,000 on-hand.

McCain, of course, is almost bankrupt.

Ron Paul raised $2.4 million -- four times what he raised in Q1, still has it all, and is in third place financially.

By Labor Day, this race could easily be down to Giuliani, Romney and Fred Thompson (if he gets in) on one side and Paul on the other. I think it's probably for the best, because in that case there will be a lot more focus on Paul during the debates in the Fall.

Many have said it's best for all 10 candidates to stay in because it further splits the pro-war, neocon vote. I see their point, but all indications are that the "second-tier" candidates (besides Paul, if you want to include them there) don't have any significant support or momentum, so they're not splitting the vote much.

Then again, six or so candidates at 1-2% support each is 6-12%, which could be the difference in Paul winning a primary.

So I have mixed thoughts about it, but I think the advantages to Paul of the others dropping out outweigh the disadvantages.

The exception is McCain. I definitely think it'd be best for Paul if McCain stays in through the primaries since McCain seems to be drawing 15-20% support, but I don't see it happening.

buffalokid777
07-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm still not sold Fred Thompson is gonna enter the race with each passing day and no announcement.

Dave
07-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm still not sold Fred Thompson is gonna enter the race with each passing day and no announcement.

He will wait until after the Aug. 11 Ames Straw Poll so he doesn't 'offend' Iowans by declaring but then skipping the straw poll.

He will jump in with a big splash to try to steal any thunder from those who exceeded expectations in Ames.

Harry96
07-15-2007, 09:47 PM
I read someplace this weekend, I think on Politico, that the Thompson campaign is talking like there won't be an announcement until at least September now.

Lew Rockwell, who's one of the smartest and most perceptive people I've seen, speculated today on his blog that Thompson doesn't want to run, but is being pressured by the neocon establishment to enter the race.

Roxi
07-15-2007, 10:08 PM
I wonder whos genius idea it is to wait until september to announce their candidacy in september when there are only 3 months left til primaries...it just seems like a waste of time and money....

although i remember seeing some article on how romney and someone else got away with using money included in their first quarter totals because they formed a PAC before they announced and got to use that money, and since the fundraising was done before they announced they could obtain corporate donations and include them in the total

could this be what thompson is doing? raising money on the downlow from rich friends that own big corporations so he can include it once he runs?

Dave
07-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Just wait for the day Al Gore jumps in. The old media will swoon.

Slugg
07-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Thompson doesn't want to run, but is being pressured by the neocon establishment to enter the race.

That's exactly what I was thinking!!!!!! I am not a Thompson sort of guy, obviously, but his charisma is dangerous when we go after the sheeple vote......