PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have info on RP's giving of $165,000 to his daughter?

greves
07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Any information on what this went to?

RPR-omaha
07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
It was for her working on his campaigns. It was over like 8 years. IF I remember right the average came out to be like 30K a year.

greves
07-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Got any sources on that?

njandrewg
07-15-2007, 07:20 PM
search around, it was debated like a month ago, and people posted sources.

what RPR said is correct

buffalokid777
07-15-2007, 07:23 PM
search around, it was debated like a month ago, and people posted sources.

what RPR said is correct

I agree, the day after the story broke, I saw Ron Paul saying it was nominal amount he paid....30k a year I would more than agree is a nominal sum for an employee...

guntherg16
07-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Here's a link to an original story:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-17-campaign-funds_N.htm

Here's a link to the thread in which it was discussed:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3574

rpf2008
07-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I too was interested in this issue.

jj111
07-16-2007, 12:25 AM
For services rendered at a very low rate of pay given her skills and her worth. Just look at how this campaign is being run and you can see that Ron Paul does not recklessly throw around money.

Dan Klaus
07-16-2007, 12:58 AM
30K is nothing compared to what she contributes. I have no moral qualms about this issue whatsoever - other than the fact that on 30K she might not be able to skimp by after rent, utilities, internet, insurance, car payment, income tax, etc...

Wyurm
07-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Why people got so bent out of shape that he paid his daughter for working for him is something I'm not understanding. 30k isnt even that much after taxes. Personally, I think he should pay her a bit more. (I do hate how nosy the media gets when its something they think looks bad, and I hate it even more when people agree with the media on things like this)

Electric Church
07-16-2007, 04:22 AM
30K...that's it? It's time to start sending more money to ronpaul2008

Bloody Holly
07-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Why are people trying to put a negative spin on that? Would you rather him not pay her at all?? Give me a break! Then you'd put a negative spin on that and actually if he didn't pay her at all that would make him look bad. She deserves compensation for the time she puts in and it just shows how generous he is.

Have you ever had people request time consuming projects and didn't even bother to say thank you nor pay you? So are you saying you would prefer someone who pays nothing for someone else's efforts?

That doesn't make you look good.

I see right through your trollyness. When you get educated and get real, come back and speak until then, you are going on ignore for being the 2nd troll with a low post count to ask this same question and make something that is actually nice out to be something awful. Go work for free.

Exponent
07-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Why are people trying to put a negative spin on that? Would you rather him not pay her at all?? Give me a break! Then you'd put a negative spin on that and actually if he didn't pay her at all that would make him look bad. She deserves compensation for the time she puts in and it just shows how generous he is.

Have you ever had people request time consuming projects and didn't even bother to say thank you nor pay you? So are you saying you would prefer someone who pays nothing for someone else's efforts?

That doesn't make you look good.

I see right through your trollyness. When you get educated and get real, come back and speak until then, you are going on ignore for being the 2nd troll with a low post count to ask this same question and make something that is actually nice out to be something awful. Go work for free.
Or it could be someone who is new here and simply hasn't had the proper information supplied to them in order to think about the situation correctly. Geez. Are we trying to run people off? How about educating them instead (and doing it politely!), like most of the other posters in this thread?

PaleoForPaul
07-16-2007, 10:30 AM
People talk about Paul paying a family member out of his campaign money like it is something new.

Many candidates do this, and if it isn't a family member, it is their cronies.

Just as an example, Pat Buchanan had his sister Bay on his Campaign back in 1996. I don't know what he paid her, but I'm sure he did.

Now you are thinking, well I bet she wasn't qualified for that job! Well she must have been somewhat qualified, since Tancredo hired her to work his campaign this time around.

People accusing Paul of some type of nepotism as if it's a new practice is simply mudslinging. Most of these people know better, or should know better. They just take advantage of the fact that the general population doesn't know about this practice.

Kuldebar
07-16-2007, 10:43 AM
-first it was all fully disclosed and transparent.

-second no rules were violated.

Bloody Holly
07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Or it could be someone who is new here and simply hasn't had the proper information supplied to them in order to think about the situation correctly. Geez. Are we trying to run people off? How about educating them instead (and doing it politely!), like most of the other posters in this thread?

maybe you are right. I'll behave ;)