PDA

View Full Version : ABC News' Bio on Paul (WOW)

0zzy
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
The fiery libertarian and obstetrician known as "Dr. No" has a volatile, on-again, off-again relationship with the Republican Party. But, fueled by a small but devoted following, Rep. Ron Paul is running for president as a Republican in 2008. Unflappable and uncompromising, the Texas physician is anti-tax, anti-big government, and a staunch defender of personal liberties. Paul would do away with the income tax and IRS, the Federal Reserve, the Department of Education and the Department of Homeland Security. He would end the war on drugs and encourage American farmers to grow marijuana plants because the hemp they produce is high-quality and affordable for textiles. Born August 20, 1935 outside of Pittsburgh, Paul graduated from Gettysburg College in 1957 and Duke University School of Medicine in 1961. Paul boasts on his website to have delivered over 4,000 babies during his medical career in Texas. He is serving his tenth term in the House of Representatives.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elections/candidate?candidate=Paul

"Libertarian has on again, off again relationship with Republican Party"
"Small following"
"Do away with Federal Reserve (not really),"
"End the war on drugs, and ENCOURAGE farmers to grow MARIJUANA?!?!" ITS CALLED HEMP!~ YOU DUMB ASS~! AND he isn't "encouraging" he's lifting the damn ban!

I mean wtf is this. lubricious.

IT DOESNT EVEN MENTION HE IS ANTIWAR

MARGINALIZE MORE WHY DON'T YA?

juddpuds
01-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I actually don't think this is too bad if we are trying to attract independents.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
omg, does it really say that? abc! o.0

0zzy
01-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I actually don't think this is too bad if we are trying to attract independents.

No, it is. At least mention he's anti,war, my goodness.

RPatTheBeach
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but I think we're trying to attract republicans.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 06:16 PM
It makes him look like a pot-supporter when in reality he is a constitution-supporter

dircha
01-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Encourage farmers to grow marijuana???! This has to be deliberate misinformation.

And no mention at all of his military service.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Encourage farmers to grow marijuana???! This has to be deliberate misinformation.

And no mention at all of his military service.

Ya, we need to all contact ABC at this... this is a lie

ShowMeLiberty
01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
"This report includes information from the Associated Press"

ABC is probably lazy, but not the real enemy. Associated Press ALWAYS writes about Dr. Paul in the worst possible language. I hate them!!

Bradley in DC
01-03-2008, 07:33 PM

"Do away with Federal Reserve (not really),"

YES, really. :) ;) :cool: