PDA

View Full Version : My Theory on all RON LOVE from MSM the past 2 days...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
A lot people are saying the MSM are trying to cover their asses, and I'm sure some are. But more importantly, what a lot of them are saying is: Since I got here on the ground in Iowa/NH, I am noticing HUGE grassroots support and enthusiasm... expect some surprises from Paul... etc.

Many of these anchors and pundits have been locked up in the studios in NY and DC, so they are just now getting a taste of Ron's true support on the ground as the primaries and caucuses are about to begin!

2young2vote
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
That sounds great.

constitutional
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
A lot people are saying the MSM are trying to cover their asses, and I'm sure some are. But more importantly, what a lot of them are saying is: Since I got here on the ground in Iowa/NH, I am noticing HUGE grassroots support and enthusiasm... expect some surprises from Paul... etc.

Many of these anchors and pundits have been locked up in the studios in NY and DC, so they are just now getting a taste of Ron's true support on the ground as the primaries and caucuses are about to begin!

I hope you are right but I think they are covering their asses. We will find out tonight.

Whatever happens tonight, stick together.

tboss
01-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Good reasoning... Very logical. We'll see what happens.

Sputnik
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
I think it's both ass coverage and witnessing what is happening on the ground.

skinzterpswizfan
01-03-2008, 05:40 PM

That is my exact same theory that I was considering posting. I'm glad some others see it the same way. :)

It's almost as if the media has now arrived in Iowa; they see all the support going around for Ron Paul; they don't know how to react; hence, they investigate more and now think he could surprise a lot of people.

RPatTheBeach
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
They are talking it up so they can play down the significance of a third place finish for us.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Most of them have literally mentioned, "but since I got here on the ground....I'm starting to think RP might surprise people."

Nash
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm excited too but they should temper this with the fact that out of state supporters do exist.

Let's not forget the straw poll.

I still think he'll come in third but remember not all these people can actually vote.

Ozwest
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmmm... Sorry this is the 21st Century, we're not relying on the Pony Express to get our information. A person with an Internet connection in Micronesia would postulate, and deduce!

Proemio
01-03-2008, 06:52 PM

That must be it, then.
Those poor anchors and pundits are battling with the truth all by themselves.
If given a chance, they'd by straight up.

They know precisely what is going on for months. They have the useful poll numbers, they have the talking points, they have feedback from all their spin doctors and rapporteurs right here, on the ground and elsewhere - they have the budget.

They had zero option but to adjust the message in the last minute. When you think about it, that climb-down must have hurt like hell, because either way, they admit that either they have no clue and are useless, or that they are just expensive and increasingly ineffectual propagandists.

Pollster have the same problem. They spent the last few days adjusting their numbers closer to what they know is reality, while protesting - pre-emptively - that Iowa (and NH) are notoriously difficult to poll (maybe something in the water). Same problem: either useless or just expensive and increasingly ineffectual propagandists.

It's the clearly the latter...

Antonius Stone
01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
it doesnt matter what the MSM is trying to do now. we still need to kill them in order to guarantee the freedom of this country. do not let up on any boycotts.

www.boycottforfreedom08.com

DrNoZone
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Actually, what they're trying to do is tone down his expectations factor. If nobody says a word about him and he suddenly comes in 2nd, the media will be ALL about Paul after the caucus. On the other hand, if they talk up how he might reach 3rd, then when he does it won't be newsworthy.

Yes, this is the cynic in me.

hazek
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh please! What about the countless rallies Ron's been too and lot's of people attended? They could have found proof of his support a lot sooner if they wanted to.

They are indeed covering their asses. We all predicted it happening and now it actually is.