PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs Doesn't hate us!

jasonuher
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
He just said Ron Paul was the best republican candidate for the middle class on the situation room!

skinzterpswizfan
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
He just said Ron Paul was the best republican candidate for the middle class on the situation room!

Yep, that was a great mention. Ron Paul is the ally of the middle class on the Republican side. :)

tcmaroc
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
yep, he said edwards, paul and obama

xerigen
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
A COUPLE MONTHS LATE, LOU! Thanks anyways!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Lou carries a lot of weight with GOP people, especially border people.

me3
01-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Don't get hung up on what the Pundits say.

Keep campaigning hard in your state. There is no reason each of us can't be reaching 3 or 5 people each day, registering a couple to vote.

Stay focused on the goal, keep your eyes on the prize, and IT AIN'T ON TV!

96redformula
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I am a border person for Ron Paul!

I have been a guest for months on this forum and been spreading the word about Ron Paul in El Paso, TX. It is good to finally register and put in my input on the forums.

me3
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM

I have been a guest for months on this forum and been spreading the word about Ron Paul in El Paso, TX. It is good to finally register and put in my input on the forums.
Welcome aboard! If you need any help or answers, feel free to ask!

Are you in a MeetUp group yet? :D

ItsTime
01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I lived in New England for almost my whole life. When I lived in Colorado for one year I realized that our immigration problem is one of the biggest problems facing our nation.

in 1999/2000 Drywallers were getting paid $10 per piece of sheetrock
in 2005/6 drywallers were getting paid $4.25 per piece of sheetrock.

xexkxex
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Too little too late...

Johncjackson
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I lived in New England for almost my whole life. When I lived in Colorado for one year I realized that our immigration problem is one of the biggest problems facing our nation.

Sounds like a good deal.

rollingpig
01-03-2008, 05:10 PM
jumping on the bandwagon now?

dude58677
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Lou carries a lot of weight with GOP people, especially border people.

LOL, all he talks about is borders. I think he is fed up with mexican's visting Borders bookstore and reading books without paying, so he is suggesting that we close down Borders.

jasonuher
01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I think he is fed up with mexican's visting Borders bookstore and reading books without paying, so he is suggesting that we close down Borders.

That was the funniest shit I've seen all day.

ronpaulitician
01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I swear, if we do 3rd (or higher)and/or 10% (or more), I think we'll be seeing a lot of secret Paul supporters come out into the open :)

ItsTime
01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
You think a 50% reduction in wages is a good deal?

Sounds like a good deal.

parke
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM

Welcome!

dude58677
That was the funniest shit I've seen all day.

;)

margomaps

Your highly scientific sample notwithstanding ( ;) ), I fail to see how the free market delivering a service at a 50% discount (more, if you include inflation) over a 5 year period is in and of itself a bad thing.

If anything, it demonstrates exactly why legal immigration is such an important thing for our economy.

integrity
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Your highly scientific sample notwithstanding ( ;) ), I fail to see how the free market delivering a service at a 50% discount (more, if you include inflation) over a 5 year period is in and of itself a bad thing.

If anything, it demonstrates exactly why legal immigration is such an important thing for our economy.

wow you are dense. Slave Labor is not good.

parke
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I think what has happened is alot of Lous watchers (I dare not say I am one) are rooting for Ron Paul and busted Lou out on his hypocrite crap.

Ive emailed him a number of times about it. It pissed me off that he had RP on a few times before he even decided to run and once RP announced... crickets. nothin..

Its nice to see him come around a little bit.

ItsTime
01-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I did not say the cost to the consumer went down.

PatriotOne
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
yep, he said edwards, paul and obama

Of the ones that have a chance in hell, I would agree with Dobbs. What I would like to know is: WHERE THE HELL HAVE YA BEEN FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS LOU :mad:?

parke
01-03-2008, 05:24 PM

My bestfriend has been doing floors since we were kids. When he took the big leap in 2002 to start his own business he had to compete with illegals. He is an incredibly hard working and patriotic person. He ended up dropping the business and selling his truck. Between the corporate companies and small business owners hiring illegals to work.. he couldnt turn a good enough profit to grow. The two were a 1-2 punch. Its one thing to niche away at the larger companies, but when the small ones are lowering the wage cost to get the sale on the backs of illegals.. thats not fair. It hurts everybody in the long term.

ItsTime
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
well said. And the kicker is home prices were going up while wages were going down. If you tried to do things legally you were at huge disadvantage.

My bestfriend has been doing floors since we were kids. When he took the big leap in 2002 to start his own business he had to compete with illegals. He is an incredibly hard working and patriotic person. He ended up dropping the business and selling his truck. Between the corporate companies and small business owners hiring illegals to work.. he couldnt turn a good enough profit to grow. The two were a 1-2 punch. Its one thing to niche away at the larger companies, but when the small ones are lowering the wage cost to get the sale on the backs of illegals.. thats not fair. It hurts everybody in the long term.

margomaps
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I did not say the cost to the consumer went down.

You didn't address the issue at all, in fact. And just because the price of houses went up, doesn't mean "the fatcat builders" were soaking up more profits. The cost of fuel -- which has a very strong correlation to the cost of materials -- rose quite a lot between 1999 and 2006. For all I know, the lower labor costs were the only thing allowing a lot of families to afford houses instead of having to rent.

Note that I also didn't condone illegal immigration, which seems to be what you're upset with. I think we need to be careful with our immigration policy, but that legal immigrants have a big role to play in a healthy economy.

UziSprayTF
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Prices going down in contracting would be a great thing IF the workers didn't drain in other areas of the economy such as health care, or the free national defense they get by not having to pay income taxes, etc... If they did have to pay for everything else like a regular American that would just be the free market at work. But obviously they wouldn't be getting 4.25 per unit if they had to pay for the same thing everyone else does.

bolidew
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Too little too late...

+1,
This campaign is all about the people, the grassroots!

margomaps
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
wow you are dense. Slave Labor is not good.

Please retire to the corner for a 5-minute timeout. That's the punishment for unwarranted ad hominem attacks.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but doesn't slave labor suggest that people were forced to perform the work against their will? By definition you're 100% wrong, since the illegals were more than happy to perform the work willingly. You owe slaves everywhere an apology for your insensitivity. ;)