PDA

View Full Version : News spreading

DisabledVet
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I keep a hawk eye on Google news refreshing about 1-2 times every 10 minutes.. this story is being replicated quite a but and has shown up on about 8 news sites so far... its funny to see the spider web of how information travels.

Story Link (http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6791459&nav=1LFX)

Paul has $2.4 million despite long-shot candidacy for president

Associated Press - July 15, 2007 5:14 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) - Score one for the underdog.

Ron Paul, the Texas congressman running a long-shot campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, hauled in $2.4-million in campaign contributions from April through June and ended the quarter with a similar amount in the bank, according to financial reports filed Sunday.

The total is a remarkable showing for Paul, one that even puts him ahead of 1 time front runner Arizona Senator John McCain in terms of cash on hand.

While Paul has raised far less than McCain or the other leading Republicans, his libertarian views and opposition to the war in Iraq have lit a fire among nontraditional contributors, particularly on the Internet.

About half of his total came from contributions of less than $200.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

lynnf
07-15-2007, 05:28 PM
I keep a hawk eye on Google news refreshing about 1-2 times every 10 minutes.. this story is being replicated quite a but and has shown up on about 8 news sites so far... its funny to see the spider web of how information travels.

Story Link (http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6791459&nav=1LFX)

Paul has $2.4 million despite long-shot candidacy for president

Associated Press - July 15, 2007 5:14 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AP) - Score one for the underdog.

I love that line, may it be score two, and three, and more in the future. Maybe some of the ice is breaking, or the MSM is hedging its bets now.

lynn

AlexAmore
07-15-2007, 05:33 PM
I would like to have a list of who has most donations under the $200 mark. That would be interesting.

quickmike
07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Even if all RP supporters gave $1 to his campaign, that would mean he only has 2.4 million supporters.......... hardly enough. What we need is name recognition.

Get out there and inform!!!!!

Let the masses know who he is, and what he stands for. Everyone needs to do something, not just meetup groups. All of us.