PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from Megan Official HQ - Iowa

ghemminger
01-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Can you guys please tell me if you are currently calling Iowans - or if you know of any Meet-ups/Phone banking operations (besides - Call4Paul)

I need to get a contact list of everyone phone banking Iowans right now because we got's some trouble possibly brewing..... NOW!

George

HQ is getting a "tremendous" amount of complaints about multiple calls from voters..... I hope they are over reacting but this could be very serious.

uncle saddam
01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
uh oh :eek:

yongrel
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
trouble internally, or trouble from outside?

mport1
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
What is the trouble?

WillInMiami
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
OK - out with it already. What's going on?

ghemminger
I Need To Know Now!!!

yongrel
Remember Howard Dean!?!

Okay, we apparently have at least one individual on the phone banks being extremely rude. Lovely.

DesignerJoes
I did this. Feel free to spread...

http://RonPaul.InfoOps.googlepages.com/VeteranPaul.jpg

RobS
I'm assuming people are getting called two or three times and getting pissed.

Right?

constitutional
This guy, ghemminger, always like to build up suspense. "OMFGGG!! A NATIONAL 30-SECOND AD BLITZ IS COMINGGGGZZ OUT!! I CAN"TZZ ZZ WAITZ. IT"S HUGEEZZZ"

Just take this with a grain of salt, that's all I'm asking. He needs to provide more info.

yongrel
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
This guy, ghemminger, always like to build up suspense. "OMFGGG!! A NATIONAL 30-SECOND AD BLITZ IS COMINGGGGZZ OUT!! I CAN"TZZ ZZ WAITZ. IT"S HUGEEZZZ"

Just take this with a grain of salt, that's all I'm asking. He needs to provide more info.

This

RobS
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
If it is someone calling and being rude... what can we do about it? It could be someone from a different campaign trying to sabotage us. Or just some dick with nothing else to do.

If it is a RP supporter... well, then just stop making calls if you can't be civil.

raystone
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

+1

goldstandard
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM

See this->

I'm assuming people are getting called two or three times and getting pissed.

Right?

WHO IS PHONE BANKING IOWANS??:mad:

FreedomWon
It's time to keep the hysterics to a minimum.
Always stay calm unless wild animals are eating you alive

fredricko
Does this have anything to do with people using the McCain phone bank?

See this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72806

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Someone from the official campaign posted about this here (yesterday... or maybe that was two days ago), but the Admin was quick to move it. Apparently he thought it could be someone lying...? Or maybe he was just being careful?

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
By the way, I heard it was the Call 4 Ron or whatever its called.

BLS
01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Well, holy shit. The Trolls are out in force tonight.

Why don't you guys go help your worthless candidate and leave ours alone.

Every REAL RP supporter needs to chill. Just relax.

orion846
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM

+10

the OP is a notorious drama queen attention whore

ghemminger
01-03-2008, 04:44 PM
You guys I'm serious let's get this out to all meetups and Grassroots orgs calling Iowans - The time to stop was this morning - Let HQ do the follow up calls to vote....

Lord Xar
01-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I spoke with him, and if he says he needs to know WHO is making calls - then he needs to know.

Since this is the last day, everyone is just jamming trying to get the word out. BUT, if someone from campaign says stop - then we should stop.

tboss
01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
What is your definition of "tremendous" amounts of calls? Two, three maybe four? What is it?

ghemminger
I spoke with him, and if he says he needs to know WHO is making calls - then he needs to know.

Since this is the last day, everyone is just jamming trying to get the word out. BUT, if someone from campaign says stop - then we should stop.

I really think there is no controlling grassroots - I give up....LOL :(

Lost Myth
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=73024

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
If it is someone calling and being rude... what can we do about it? It could be someone from a different campaign trying to sabotage us. Or just some dick with nothing else to do.

Every once in a while, I wonder why we don't do annoying phone calls on behalf of other candidates to hurt them like this (which I have a strong suspicion supporters of other candidates are doing to us). It's tough doing the whole "integrity" thing, but I know it pays off in the long run. :p

stefans
01-03-2008, 04:48 PM

well...you get ridiculed a bit because you've done this too often...

but if anybody knew something he'd answer.
so if this is real you've done the right thing in posting it.

BLS
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM

I think it's starting to sink in finally.

Direction; is good.

Control is bad.

Instead of coming on here firing away and saying the sky is falling, why don't you take the 15 seconds required to EXPLAIN the problem, be thorough and ASK for some assistance in alleviating the problem??

I don't know of anyone calling Iowans right now.
I will check my local meetups and see if they have anything going on, and will send out a mass email.

Can someone hit ronpaulalliance.com and get the word out please??

jake
01-03-2008, 04:50 PM
What is your definition of "tremendous" amounts of calls? Two, three maybe four? What is it?

Well, I can tell you if I received more than ONE in a single day, maybe two at MOST, I would be satisfied. any more then that and I would start to become very very annoyed. phone spam..

ghemminger
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I think it's starting to sink in finally.

Direction; is good.

Control is bad.

Instead of coming on here firing away and saying the sky is falling, why don't you take the 15 seconds required to EXPLAIN the problem, be thorough and ASK for some assistance in alleviating the problem??

I don't know of anyone calling Iowans right now.
I will check my local meetups and see if they have anything going on, and will send out a mass email.

Can someone hit ronpaulalliance.com and get the word out please??

Thank you BLS - I'm sorry for this guys but I'm dead serious right now

slamhead
01-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Its the automated calls that piss me off. I voted for the other party here for a local election because they kept calling me.

Quick
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
What is the problem? Too many people calling? Why not just tell us what the problem is so when I go to my friends and tell them stop calling.. I don't have to say.

"Because some guy on the forums said so.." Instead I can give the reason why you said so.

dfalken
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I find it funny that everyone is asking what the problem is and accusing ghemminger of not revealing it when he stated it clearly in his initial post:

"HQ is getting a "tremendous" amount of complaints about multiple calls from voters..... I hope they are over reacting but this could be very serious"

Maybe if everyone chilled out and actually took the time to read a post we wouldn't have to have 50 follow up posts asking what that initial post said. Just my opinion but what do I know.

Basically headquarters wants anyone calling Iowa to stop at this point, so simply stop calling Iowa....there, translated into plain and simple English, let me know if there are any questions.

BLS
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I have emailed my meetup groups and ronpaulalliance

yongrel
01-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Instead of just telling us that there's a problem, TELL US THE PROBLEM!

Nihilist23
01-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I hate ghemminger.

Buried as spam.

Well if this was Digg that's what I would do.

Rated 1 star.

raystone
01-03-2008, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=dfalken;796947]I find it funny that everyone is asking what the problem is and accusing ghemminger of not revealing it when he stated it clearly in his initial post:

"HQ is getting a "tremendous" amount of complaints about multiple calls from voters..... I hope they are over reacting but this could be very serious"

Maybe if everyone chilled out and actually took the time to read a post we wouldn't have to have 50 follow up posts asking what that initial post said. Just my opinion but what do I know.
QUOTE]

He edited his message 4 minutes after posting.

fredricko
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=73043

It's complaints about repeat calls.

rajibo
I am not calling Iowans.

dfalken
Instead of just telling us that there's a problem, TELL US THE PROBLEM!

Instead of criticizing immediately, read the initial post and you will find the problem. Voters are getting pissed off because they are getting multiple calls.

dfalken
01-03-2008, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=dfalken;796947]I find it funny that everyone is asking what the problem is and accusing ghemminger of not revealing it when he stated it clearly in his initial post:

QUOTE]

He edited his message 4 minutes after posting.

Oops my bad, I guess if you miss the first 4 minutes of any thread you are out of the loop! :d

Ronin
01-03-2008, 04:58 PM
There has been a couple threads running around with people "on the ground" asking for help phone banking. People would PM the guy with email address and they would get numbers. I'll try to dig it up...

ghemminger
01-03-2008, 05:00 PM
There has been a couple threads running around with people "on the ground" asking for help phone banking. People would PM the guy with email address and they would get numbers. I'll try to dig it up...

Yeah I know that please get the word out to these guys to stop!

Ronin
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72911&highlight=help+call+iowa+numbers

Write to Oscar at oscar@oscarstilley.com

He'll give you Iowa numbers 25 at a time.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71652&highlight=help+call+iowa+numbers

Corey Walsh, Meetup.com organizer from Harrison, Arkansas has been working in Iowa for the past week or so. He has a huge list of Iowa voters from which you can contact via phone.

He is a young man with passion who helped the Harrison Meetup get quickly off the ground. I urge you all to call him and support him in this project. He could use some help getting it organized as well.

Please send an email to him specifying how many Phone Numbers you wish to call!

COREY WALSH'S EMAIL ADDRESS:

solarphoto@gmail.com

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72691&highlight=help+call+iowa+numbers

McCain is providing lists for his people. Maybe you can convince a few.

http://www.johnmccain.com/PhoneBank/...D-9FD5C2830EFA

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=1074641

Looks like Magicman has been doing his part. He created 3+ threads today all with the same title.

Paulbot_9876
01-03-2008, 05:07 PM
prob romney......look at all the sh!@ he has pulled from fake badges to attack ads and everything between......he has a sh!@ load of money invested in iowa and if he doesn't poll that good he will be out all that cash....think about that.......it could be huck supporters also...they are not angels over there as we have seen.......rp supporters would not do anything to hurt his chance......i don't care if they are rude or crude on here...rp supporters will not hurt rp chances with stupid sh!@ like this........

tsetsefly
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I find it funny that everyone is asking what the problem is and accusing ghemminger of not revealing it when he stated it clearly in his initial post:

Basically headquarters wants anyone calling Iowa to stop at this point, so simply stop calling Iowa....there, translated into plain and simple English, let me know if there are any questions.

i know some people are so fucking stupid...

Ronin
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
More...

===

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71770

Default Urgent: Outsourcing phone calls
After reading this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71574 I realize that there are plenty of people sitting on their asses just reading the forums who are willing to make phone calls. It doesn't matter if the people you are calling are out of state, just give them the information they need to know. I know that it is too late to get everyone on here moving on calling Iowans, but we need to push hard to get phone lists out on the forums and have some kind of organization. We can make a huge difference by making phone calls to the upcoming primary states, and if we do not, it is our fault if we lose this thing. I can't organize it since I dont have access to the phone lists, but someone who does needs to collaborate with us to create an efficient way to get this done.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70184&highlight=help+call+iowa+numbers

The Iowa Caucus could come down to a handful of votes, you never know!

You can request phone numbers of Independent Iowa voters here:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1362/

OptionsTrader
01-03-2008, 05:12 PM

+12

Ronin
01-03-2008, 05:13 PM
prob romney......look at all the sh!@ he has pulled from fake badges to attack ads and everything between......he has a sh!@ load of money invested in iowa and if he doesn't poll that good he will be out all that cash....think about that.......it could be huck supporters also...they are not angels over there as we have seen.......rp supporters would not do anything to hurt his chance......i don't care if they are rude or crude on here...rp supporters will not hurt rp chances with stupid sh!@ like this........

I agree, but we need to eliminate US as a problem before we accuse someone else. Plus these people should stop calling even if they are being polite.

Soccrmastr
holy shit ghemminger uuugh the suspense!!!!!!!!

tsetsefly

many people are reporting it now...

Thomas Paine
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
My guess given my experience on hard fought campaigns is that prospective voters are getting bombarded with multiple phone calls on behalf of each candidate from every candidate. Imagine if you will how you would feel if you got three phone calls from the Ron Paul campaign, the Romney campaign, the Huckabee campaign, the Giuliani campaign, the Thompson campaign, the Hunter campaign, the McCain campaign. The foregoing totals to 21 phone calls.

Doc Dewey
01-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok guys/gals

What big movement has the grassroots done which is not covered here first.
If there is a massive phone blitz being done by us, we would know.

Could it be that some of the competition is calling campaign headquarters and complaining about phone calls. It's a lot easier to make 100 calls to complain than to do 30,000 canvasing calls.
Someone from call4Paul can certainly chime in here and let us know how they distribute the phone list. Do you think they just told the phone workers to
just grab a phone book and have at it.

Lord Xar
01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok guys/gals

What big movement has the grassroots done which is not covered here first.
If there is a massive phone blitz being done by us, we would know.

Could it be that some of the competition is calling campaign headquarters and complaining about phone calls. It's a lot easier to make 100 calls to complain than to do 30,000 canvasing calls.
Someone from call4Paul can certainly chime in here and let us know how they distribute the phone list. Do you think they just told the phone workers to
just grab a phone book and have at it.

I have responded to ALL the threads. Please read thru them.

WE are good. Its the OTHER operations that might be mucking things up.

scooter
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I can understand the skepticism of this post. Just because a random guy comes on the forum and starts saying this doesn't make it true. He said that HQ says this or that, but wouldn't give any details or even say who he was and how he knows someone in HQ.

I haven't seen any official message from HQ about this.

In any case, at this point in time I think the calls can stop. I doubt you'll sell someone in the 11th hour.