PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Timing - Israel launches shock n awe on Palestinians

Liberty Star
01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
As US media points its cameras towards Iowa, an escalation in war or terror against Palestinians begins:

Broad Israeli offensive kills 9 in Gaza

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The Israeli army stepped up a broad offensive in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, killing at least nine Palestinians with airstrikes and shelling attacks after militants fired a rocket that struck deep into Israel.

Palestinians accused Israel of poisoning the atmosphere ahead of President Bush's visit to the region next week.

In strikes all over Gaza, Israeli aircraft and tanks hit buildings the Israelis said were used by militants. In one clash, Israel shelled a house in the southern city of Khan Younis, killing a militant along with his mother, sister and brother. Israeli army spokeswoman Capt. Noa Meir said militants were "intentionally using civilian areas" to fire at troops and blamed them for the deaths.

After the shelling, the three-story house leaned to one side, barely standing, as an Israeli bulldozer leveled land nearby.

In another strike, a 14-year-old boy was critically wounded. His limp body, a mangled foot dangling, was rushed into a hospital emergency room.

Nabil Abu Rdeneh, a spokesman for President Mahmoud Abbas, condemned the army offensive, which followed the firing of a Katyusha rocket into Israel.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080103/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians

moostraks
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
G*d help us...And the new ad by Rudy is left unscathed with over 50,000 views and multitudes of flags on youtube...

Liberty Star
01-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Cross dressing liberal who supports more unnecessary wars and permanent occupations and opposes democracy, Rudy's racist views are rightfully being questioned.

joelfarm
01-03-2008, 09:06 PM
It is amazing to watch the Israeli's crush people in their own towns, who fight tanks and guns with sticks and rocks. They are as repressed and living in squalid conditions as anyone on the planet. And yet can you not see how the conflict is portrayed by the American press? Reminds me of the bias against Ron Paul and the message of Hope/Truth. I really wonder what percentage of the public really knows what is going on.
By the results of individual donations to ALL of the candidates, most Americans would have voted for Ron Paul, but will never get the chance. In much of the same way the Palistineans have been denied.

Gordon
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
As an israeli company fixes the elections

joelfarm
01-03-2008, 09:34 PM
As an israeli company fixes the elections

You know Gordon, you bring up a good point. One that is being shouted down(rather vehimently, I might add), by others on this forum.
Yes, it could just be coincidence. This same bunch told us not to worry, that HQ knew what was going on and were on top of things, and that well, the media blackout would not be a problem, etc. etc.
There was the blind loyalty cheerleading that proclaimed a WIN, or at worst 2nd, or 3rd. I never tried to deflate these projections, was hoping some of it was true.
Most of us are here for the message, to think that there is some hope for this Nation. If only 10% of the people of Iowa really think that Constitutional principles
are important, than we really are too far gone.
Actually, all that I have personally seen is that MOST average people on the street, working to make ends meet embrace Dr. Paul's desire for fudimental Constitutional government. WHATEVER the reason, for him to place 5th, behind those other four traitors is unacceptable to me.

Tyler19
01-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm sure Israel do this stuff every week.

strategos
01-03-2008, 10:15 PM
It is amazing to watch the Israeli's crush people in their own towns, who fight tanks and guns with sticks and rocks. They are as repressed and living in squalid conditions as anyone on the planet. And yet can you not see how the conflict is portrayed by the American press? Reminds me of the bias against Ron Paul and the message of Hope/Truth. I really wonder what percentage of the public really knows what is going on.
By the results of individual donations to ALL of the candidates, most Americans would have voted for Ron Paul, but will never get the chance. In much of the same way the Palistineans have been denied.

Not repressed by israel, their own values lead to fascist mercantilistic economies, israel and them battle but who looks better? Israel, palastinians aren't oppressed, they just suck

Liberty Star
01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
joelfarm , you make good point. Our media's coverage of this conflict is pretty one sided and worst in the world probably. Israeli and much of European media provides a more balanced coverage.

They have this open ended occupation of arabs in territories going on for over 4 decades now and routine killings are not new. But leveling whole homes with civilians inside in pursuit of some suspect as they did today are the kind of major events they tend to time with some other news event or distraction in the US. They do that to avoid backlash and risking loss of any money or bombs supplies from America they use to support their occupation of arabs.

asgardshill
01-04-2008, 02:50 AM
They do that to avoid backlash and risking loss of any money or bombs supplies from America they use to support their occupation of arabs.

Riiiiight. Let's show the folks at home just how Israel "occupies" Arab lands in the Middle East.

http://photos22.flickr.com/31078939_2d252da838_o.gif

Warning: You'll need a magnifying glass to see this dangerous aggressor nation.

Registered
01-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Riiiiight. Let's show the folks at home just how Israel "occupies" Arab lands in the Middle East.

yes because size and acreage of a country speaks volumes about it's military and economic power.

good argument.

asgardshill
01-04-2008, 03:12 AM
yes because size and acreage of a country speaks volumes about it's military and economic power.

good argument.

Good enough, apparently. I've used this before to draw out responses from the JOOOOO haters and paranoid schizophrenics. I won't ask which one (if either) you might be because its irrelevant.

Side Note: Are you THE Registered who used to post that marvelous artwork over at another web site? If you are, then I post in the presence of greatness.

One good reason that the United States is an economic powerhouse is that we have the plain ol' room it takes to grow enough food to feed the world. And that takes raw size (Japan is the exception that proves the rule). It helps as well that Canada doesn't continually send religious wackjobs across the border in never-ending attempts to kill us. (They use CBC and William Shatner for that).

Being your own significant portion of an entire continent helps as well. Two and only two nation-states share a border with us, both of whom apparently for some strange reason don't seem to wish to think up ways to murder us in our beds 24/7. I suspect that such would be the case in the Middle East if Israel had the same advantage that we do.

Dieseler
01-04-2008, 03:42 AM
iiiiii

proximity
01-04-2008, 04:35 AM

Good logic there genious.

"Arabs have plenty of land, what's the problem with the Palestinians?"

How about you go set up a state in the middle of the desert. See how you do, and there won't be any of these pesky Palestinians already living there to get in the way.

asgardshill
01-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Good logic there genious.

"Arabs have plenty of land, what's the problem with the Palestinians?"

How about you go set up a state in the middle of the desert. See how you do, and there won't be any of these pesky Palestinians already living there to get in the way.

Israel did exactly what you describe, and were kind enough to cede some of their tiny land to the control of the Palestinians. But, when you instigate and participate in an aggressive war against your neighbor and get your nose bloodied as a result (think 1967), you've got very little room to bitch later when said neighbor declares you persona non grata, throws your stuff out on the lawn, and rolls up the welcome mat.

And the Palestinians are only a small faction of those who literally want to wipe Israel off the map.

1913_to_2008
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Israel did exactly what you describe, and were kind enough to cede some of their tiny land to the control of the Palestinians. But, when you instigate and participate in an aggressive war against your neighbor and get your nose bloodied as a result (think 1967), you've got very little room to bitch later when said neighbor declares you persona non grata, throws your stuff out on the lawn, and rolls up the welcome mat.

And the Palestinians are only a small faction of those who literally want to wipe Israel off the map.

You amaze me as guard Do you have a job????

asgardshill
01-04-2008, 09:04 AM
You amaze me as guard Do you have a job????

I certainly do (two of them, actually). Do you?

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Are you really making an argument that because there are other arab countries in the world, that justifies indefinite Israeli occupation of few million Palestinians in territories?
Somehow the size of an apartheid or racial exclusivity regime matters now?

Do you realize how basurd such a logic would be. We all should be supporting the self determination and democratic rights of the oppressed here in this land dispute between two people who are exactly equal as races. Both people are victims of circumstances and both deserve to live freely. By cotinuing to deny them freedom, using collective punishments and killing innocent routinely in pursuit of suspects, they only create more hatred and terrorists and cycle of violence continues.

TrueFreedom
01-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Pretty stupid logic there. If the US was such a big supporter of Israel, why didn't we put them somewhere in the US in late 1940's? Oh no, we said "we are big Israel supporters"....just not in my backyard. So we go across the world and still land from Palestine and they aren't supposed to be mad? Rediculous logic, stolen land is stolen land and immoral policies are still immoral.

Dieseler
01-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Israel is the Top Secret Capital of the United States.
Only it is not a secret really.
Follow the money.

Liberty Star
01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
We give them pretty sizable financial and military aid regularly (as we do to some other mid east regimes) and they have an organized interest group in the US to protect their interests but they are by no means capital of the US. Lately pendulum has swung too far in one direction so it may seem that way but there was a time in 67 when US brushed up military plans to attack Israel to stop them from capturing too much arab land.

yoAdrian
01-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Those people have been fighting for decades with stones and rocks trying to keep there country and we supply the weapons to the other side. I thought i was the only one who sees this, I have talked to guys from palastine and they say they have nothing against this country but they do not understand why Americans are so blind to what the truth is so i tryed to explain to them that its not that we hate them but the media force feeds us lies because of money and media control.

proximity
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM

Israel is the result of colonists from Europe and other places planting a state on top of people that lived there for generations going back thousands of years. It has no rights. Mindfck propoganda fails on anyone that actually does some historical research.

The only one wiping anyone off the map is Zionist colonists wiping the residents of Palestine off the map.

asgardshill
01-05-2008, 04:17 AM
It has no rights.

:D:p:D:p

Go put on your Himmler jammies and go to bed. The adults are talking here.

idiom
01-05-2008, 04:35 AM
What we need is a map of all the countries with US forces in them.

proximity
01-05-2008, 05:12 AM
:D:p:D:p

Go put on your Himmler jammies and go to bed. The adults are talking here.

Keep the Nazi comparisons and insults for the ignorant if you don't mind.

An invading/occupation force has responsibilities not rights. :cool:

It's due to stop using the horrors of the Holocaust and dishonoring the memory of it's victims to perpetrate and justify other atrocities.

asgardshill
01-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Keep the Nazi comparisons and insults for the ignorant if you don't mind.

Truth hurts, neh?

DaneKirk
01-05-2008, 06:02 AM

Probably, I can't say I really care how many people they kill. If everyone here preaches staying out of other peoples business then why bother getting all butt hurt about it? I gave up a long time ago trying to understand everything over there, let them fight it out is what I say.

proximity
01-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Truth hurts, neh?

Oh yes indeed. Not agreeing with the Nazilike Zionist ideology of displacing the Palestinians in favor of the new favored "master race state" must make me Himmler.

My country of birth was blitzed by Hitlers war machine and some of my relatives died in Auschwitz.
You're repulsive as is the behavior of the racists that run and support Israels crimes.