07-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks. More Ron Paul goodness.

DeadheadForPaul
07-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the link!

Some of the reporters were really condescending but Ron held down the fort

DisabledVet
07-15-2007, 05:24 PM
WOW...sounds like nothing but Ron educating those fools.... especially the lady asking the question (there was a couple and please dot see it as a hit on women..not what I mean) but come on...you can hear their total close mindedness and lack of a grasp on even the most basic of political and geopolitical issues....no wonder their stories are so disingenuous.

goldstandard
07-15-2007, 05:58 PM
They stand for a majority that just hasn't listened to an alternative to this thinking. So there are many more potential voters but the downside is they have to listen to it in detail first.

LastoftheMohicans
07-15-2007, 06:08 PM
WOW...sounds like nothing but Ron educating those fools.... especially the lady asking the question (there was a couple and please dot see it as a hit on women..not what I mean) but come on...you can hear their total close mindedness and lack of a grasp on even the most basic of political and geopolitical issues....no wonder their stories are so disingenuous.

You stole my thunder. When listening to the interview, my first thought was that they were being adversarial. But then I realized that this is probably to typical mindset of the San Fransciso Chronicle person, as well as many Americans. They have a whole worldview and here comes someone that totally throws them for a loop. And they don't know how to react. The women you referred to was particularly incoherent and closeminded.

TyTodd
07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
This was an interesting interview, both because Dr. Paul was on his game and the interviewers are so dumbfounded by some of his responses and logic. There are times when you can feel the sarcasm and disbelief of the editorial staff, and they definitely were attacking him on some of his positions, such as social security. It is a great lesson to remember that a large portion of Americans are so completely brainwashed by big government principles that when dealing with issues they are unable to separate the problem from the potential solutions. For example, if you suggest that the welfare state is a most inefficient means of improving the standard of living of low income citizens here in the U.S., then you are dispassionate towards the poor. The problem definition has become wrapped up in the current policies / solution, so that there is no debate about alternative solutions to the big government welfare state. It is sad and extremely frustrating...

RPR-omaha
07-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Has anyone heard if there is going to be an article in the paper itself based on the interviews? Also can anyone else barely hear the questions Ron Paul is being asked?