PDA

View Full Version : ABC is including Paul in their Saturday debate in the Granite State

Perry
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Caucus Day: Your Ron Paul feed

My able editor Danielle Jones is going to be updating this blog with a series of feeds from colleagues who are tailing the candidates on this final caucus day.

First, though, I'll include some reporting of my own.

Wearing out shoe leather in the Des Moines Marriott lobby, I ran into Ron Paul and then had the opportunity to share an elevator with him to the upper reaches of the hotel.

Asked for his prediction on where he would finish, the congressman-obstetrician said he'd do fine.

"I think we'll do well," he told me while toting his own bag and waiting for family and aides.

Asked if he could finish in the top three, Paul shrugged and said "I don't have any idea" in a way that indicated he didn't want to contniue the line of questioning.

On the elevator, he said Fox was disallowing him from their GOP forum in New Hampshire on Sunday because "they don't want to hear from anybody who's against the war."

Spokesman Jesse Benton, also on the elevator, said that ABC is including Paul in their Saturday debate in the Granite State, though.

Source:Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/)

TheIndependent
01-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Bam.

ScotTX
01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I love watching the dominos fall. Beautiful!

Johncjackson
01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
It was never in doubt. He meets all the criteria.

Tim724
01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Might be interesting if Dr Paul could insert a little snipe about not being invited to the Fox event into one of his answers at the ABC debate.

JDouglasFisher
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Its because Mr. Snyder from the campaign is urging ALL RP supporters to Boycott Faux News and their advertisers...

ABC is deathly afraid that we will Boycott them as well, hence why they are being nice now...

See, Your voice does matter, Faux News stock (NWS) is tanking, and the other media outlets are deathly afraid that we will ruin them if they cross us the wrong way...

Of course for them, it benefits because if Faux News goes into ruins, then its one less competitor.

CrimsonNation
01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Its because Mr. Snyder from the campaign is urging ALL RP supporters to Boycott Faux News and their advertisers...

ABC is deathly afraid that we will Boycott them as well, hence why they are being nice now...

See, Your voice does matter, Faux News stock (NWS) is tanking, and the other media outlets are deathly afraid that we will ruin them if they cross us the wrong way...

Of course for them, it benefits because if Faux News goes into ruins, then its one less competitor.

I don't like Fox News either...but their stock price isn't 'tanking'. Look for yourself:
http://finance.google.com/finance?q=nws-a

Also, even if 50,000 RP supporters bought 50 shares each, that would be about $1000 a person, or $50,000,000 total (or 2.5M shares). Their float (publicly owned shares) stands at about 2.23B, and at about $20/share, that makes $44.6B.

Please stop this myth that we're having some kind of an effect on News Corps. share price. Let us talk again when their stock price is down by 20 or 30%.