PDA

View Full Version : benjaminesforpaul: for you consideration

skolwulf
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
To everyone involved in benjaminsforpaul.com I commend your efforts. I do, however, have a proposal for you to consider.

Consider observing Franklins birthday and this fundraising event on Friday,Jan 18th. This would akin to how the federal government moves holidays so they coincide with weekends and are more in line with peoples holiday desires (having a long weekend). But in the case of fundraising, this would align this moneybomb with peoples paychecks.

Most people get payed on Friday = more money available to pledge/donate.
Aligns this MoneyBomb with Ron Paul's Payday and allows for cross promotion.
Lowers the overall number of dates potential pledgers must remember and budget for.
Helps rev up support for Ron Paul's Payday for the last two paydays before Super Tuesday -- Jan 25th and Feb 1st.
Builds a coalition between both our efforts.

Of course I am biased for the 18th, but please give this possibility due consideration.

quantized
01-03-2008, 04:02 PM
a 18th Jan belated Benjamin Franklin birthday?

pacelli
01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
On the other hand, if we can get more people signed onto the Payday, then the 17th + 18th would be a 48 hour blitz that we've all talked about for some time :)

skolwulf
01-03-2008, 04:09 PM

something like that, or it could just be the date the r[EVOL]ution choses to observe Franklin's birthday on.

skolwulf
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
On the other hand, if we can get more people signed onto the Payday, then the 17th + 18th would be a 48 hour blitz that we've all talked about for some time :)

My opinion would be that piling it all on the same day would give more bang for our donation buck :)

E. Nordstrom
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
To everyone involved in benjaminsforpaul.com I commend your efforts. I do, however, have a proposal for you to consider.

Consider observing Franklins birthday and this fundraising event on Friday,Jan 18th. This would akin to how the federal government moves holidays so they coincide with weekends and are more in line with peoples holiday desires (having a long weekend). But in the case of fundraising, this would align this moneybomb with peoples paychecks.

Most people get payed on Friday = more money available to pledge/donate.
Aligns this MoneyBomb with Ron Paul's Payday and allows for cross promotion.
Lowers the overall number of dates potential pledgers must remember and budget for.
Helps rev up support for Ron Paul's Payday for the last two paydays before Super Tuesday -- Jan 25th and Feb 1st.
Builds a coalition between both our efforts.

Of course I am biased for the 18th, but please give this possibility due consideration.

You Sir, are killing the crap out of the mass donation drives. - Thanks. I am still promoting your site, as I don't want to stifle any project. But my personal feelings on the matter is that you are an asshat.

By the way - you are far too transparent - good lord man - trying to line up the franklin event with your weekly.

Maybe I am just grumpy, but this forum is a true testament as to why pure democracies fail.

Eric Nordstrom
http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com

E. Nordstrom
01-03-2008, 06:51 PM

The next Mass donation event is on the 21st of January - see http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com for details.

E. Nordstrom
01-03-2008, 06:53 PM

It kills me that everyone is using our namesake.

Please visit the central hub of all things donation oriented.

Visit the original moneybomb - the project that invented the moneybomb.

E. Nordstrom
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM

The next Mass Donation Day is on the 21st of January - see http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com for details.

skolwulf
01-03-2008, 10:22 PM
You Sir, are killing the crap out of the mass donation drives. - Thanks. I am still promoting your site, as I don't want to stifle any project. But my personal feelings on the matter is that you are an asshat.

By the way - you are far too transparent - good lord man - trying to line up the franklin event with your weekly.

Maybe I am just grumpy, but this forum is a true testament as to why pure democracies fail.

Eric Nordstrom

Trying to merge money donation events together is "killing the crap out of the mass donation drives" - I don't understand.

I'm "far too transparent" - I have tried to be nothing but transparent. Am I missing something?

Please Eric, there is no need for us to fight and bicker. Let's talk - Call me on my cell (260-466-0674) if you would like. I'll be up until midnight EST tonight, but I'll be at work tomorrow during the day. If you like, I'll call you back and put it on my bill. We must resolve this impasse for the good of the campaign.

Troy Fisher

francioshouse
01-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Visit Road to $23 MILLION. (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.com) to see how we are progressing towards our goal.

Gfive
01-11-2008, 10:42 AM
We already hold the record for raising money in one day. I like the idea of having a money burst including several money bombs packed into a week from the 17th-23rd.
23 by 23 or something like that.

It starts with the Ben Franklin bomb, peaks at the 21st and finishes on the 23rd with a final push where we try to get the $23 million RP said he wants with enough time to spend for Super Tuesday. We could announce that RP raises more money in a week than anyone ever has before - if it was a weeks worth or fund raising the number could be huge.

I like the Benjamin Franklin bomb too much to give it up & would probably donate again on the 21st or 23rd if I thought we were getting close to the $23 million mark.

We need something big or people will think RP supporters will just melt away if he doesn't win early primaries. This will absolutely crush some of the other candidates who are watching their funding quickly disappear.

skolwulf
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
We already hold the record for raising money in one day. I like the idea of having a money burst including several money bombs packed into a week from the 17th-23rd.
23 by 23 or something like that.

It starts with the Ben Franklin bomb, peaks at the 21st and finishes on the 23rd with a final push where we try to get the $23 million RP said he wants with enough time to spend for Super Tuesday. We could announce that RP raises more money in a week than anyone ever has before - if it was a weeks worth or fund raising the number could be huge.

I like the Benjamin Franklin bomb too much to give it up & would probably donate again on the 21st or 23rd if I thought we were getting close to the $23 million mark.

We need something big or people will think RP supporters will just melt away if he doesn't win early primaries. This will absolutely crush some of the other candidates who are watching their funding quickly disappear.

Although everyone is more than encouraged to prove me wrong, but I think asking to raise 23 million in a single weak is beyond even our capabilities. I wish more would have followed the path to $23 million that I laid out earlier, but it is too late for even that now. Let's just hope that I'm wrong.