PDA

View Full Version : Elections Should Be Held April 16th...

JPFromTally
01-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Once again hundreds of millions of Americans, including myself, begin the new year with the prospect of having to organize their receipts for the upcoming tax season. As I become more succesful and begin to invest the process becomes more complex and more daunting. Laws have to be scoured to make sure that a deduction taken does not raise the flags of the Feds. Hours must be wasted to make sure that one receives the most money back as possible.

This past year, I received a letter from the IRS stating that I needed to call the Atlanta office. Words cannot express the sick feeling I had in my stomach at the thought of being audited. Luckily enough, it was nothing major but it did require a few more hours of necessary paperwork that needed to be sent to them.

Americans spend 3.18 billion hours figuring out and filing their tax returns (that's 24 hours per taxpayer). What a gigantic waste of productivity!

And for what?! To finance debt, bullets and a gigantic federal system run amok?

I really wish Ron would quote this statistic when asked about abolishing the IRS. It's too bad elections aren't held on April 16th. Ron would probably do a whole lot better.

JMann
01-03-2008, 03:14 PM
You forget about the 50% of Americans that pay no tax and would be tickled to death to vote for the candidate offering more handouts after getting the earned income tax credit.