PDA

View Full Version : A few quick Caucus questions

Driftar
01-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey guys, i just got back from canvasing. Now i'm going to prepare a short speech, and make some phone calls. Wanted to know if anyone could help me with these items.

1) Can i bring any printed material to the Caucus? (for example, 1 sheet Ron Paul information handouts?) I'm guessing not, but if it's within the rules i'd like to.

2) Can i bring a camera? You guys can guess some of the reasoning behind wanting to bring a digital camera into the Caucus area.

Thanks! I appreciate any help!

Joel

Driftar
01-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Blimp

MRoCkEd
01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
blimp

SovereignMN
01-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, i just got back from canvasing. Now i'm going to prepare a short speech, and make some phone calls. Wanted to know if anyone could help me with these items.

1) Can i bring any printed material to the Caucus? (for example, 1 sheet Ron Paul information handouts?) I'm guessing not, but if it's within the rules i'd like to.

2) Can i bring a camera? You guys can guess some of the reasoning behind wanting to bring a digital camera into the Caucus area.

Thanks! I appreciate any help!

Joel

I think camera's are allowed.

I believe some candidate signs are allowed to be posted but probably not literature.

Driftar
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I think camera's are allowed.

I believe some candidate signs are allowed to be posted but probably not literature.

Thanks- i called the 888 Paul number and talked to the audior- they both said decisions like this are ususally made on Caucus Night. The guy on Paul's phones was pretty knowledgable and encouraged me to bring my camera, and a folder of liturature. If they tell me i can't have those items, ill just leave them in my car.

I'm pumped! writing my little speech right now!

Driftar
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I braved the cold this evening to support Congressman Ron Paul. (something similar)

I’ve lived my entire life in small Midwestn towns, in Iowa, Minnesota, Missori. My family has always been strongly conservative. Some of my first memories involve picketing in front of our local hospital, urging them to stop the practice of abortion. I was too young to understand the total significance, but I knew we were fighting to protect the unborn- the right to life.

Many people don’t know that Ron Paul, a 10 term republican congressman of Texas, Is also an OB/GYN Doctor, who has delivered over 4,000 babies. He has a 100% Pro Life voting record. It’s one of the many reason’s I support this remarkable man.

Dr. Paul’s character stands out to me as well. He’s a father of 5, and grandfather of 18, and a devouted husband of 50 years. He’s a military veteran, serving in the United States Air Force for 5 years as a flight surgeon.

He was one of only four Republican Congressmen to support Ronald Reagan in 1976. Like Ronald Reagan, and Robert Taft, and Barry Goldwater, and Pat Buchanon, Ron Paul is a strict conservative, advocating economic freedom and individual liberty. Ron Paul has has a 20 year, consistent voting record on these conservative principles.

Congressman Paul Advocates a Strong National Defense, and believes in responsibly Securing our Borders, and removing welfare incentives for illegal immigrants. He Voted against the war in Iraq, instead urging congress to hunt down the terrorists responsible for 9-11. He Opposes the doctrine of preemptive and unjust war, and will stop spending US taxpayer dollars to build and police foreign nations.

He’s a strict constitutionalist, and has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch. He opposes the Patriot Act, and unjust surveillance on American citizens. He has NEVER voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership, and fully respects second amendment rights.

Congressman Ron Paul is a believer in freemarkets, and economic freedom. He was called “The Taxpayers Best Friend” by The National Taxpayers Union. He has NEVER voted to raise taxes. He has NEVER voted for an unbalanced budget. He will protect Social Security for seniors, while recognizing a need to reform the system for system for future generations. He has NEVER voted to raise congressional pay or benefits.

This is one of the most important elections in decades, and we Iowans have responsibility of setting a trend for the rest of the nation- sending them a true conservative candidate who can not only unite the party, but expand it.

Ronald Reagan wrote “Libertarianism is the heart and soul of conservatism.” Liberty unites us, and only a candidate with the true conservative values of economic freedom and individual liberty will be victorious in 2008. Ron Paul has a 20 year, 100 percent consistent voting record on these conservative issues.

As a lifelong conservative, and lifelong Midwesterner, I’m proud to vote for Congressman Ron Paul, and I urge you to do the same. Thank you.

mrchubbs
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Awesome...

Make us proud tonight!!!

Spirit of '76
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Good stuff. Thanks for taking a stand!

rollingpig
01-03-2008, 04:32 PM
way to go

Driftar
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM