PDA

View Full Version : serious polling question (first read then vote): 17th vs 21st

european
01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
What should we do? Read below for more information:

Hi ----,

I already have tried to contact Trevor a few times. I don't get my mails replied, same goes for Elijah, same for other people from the blimp-project.
I am approached by both the guy behind http://skirmish08.com/ and the guy behind http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com and i have offered both to have a chat. here is my mail that i have send to them:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi m8,

are you online today? maybe we can have a chat somewhere today :) wondering if we can stick our heads together :> if im honest im willing to change the date to jan 21st, its really just that i dont see the logic. i think it will benefit the campaign more if we hold it on the 17th, gives them more time to spend the money in the already very narrow timeframe. but its better to have all efforts focused at 1 day, then 2 different days i agree 100%. guess 1 chat could solve it. please give it some thuoghts to change it to the 17th yourself aswell. i really believe that is better for the official campaign.

greets Sebastiaan
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dunno what you think, but thats kinda the situation right now. my guess is that we decide on the final date today. i really truly believe 100% that the 17th is a better date then the 21st just to give the official campaign more space to breath... i really wonder what they will say. i kinda leave it up to them at this point. i wont make a fuzz about it at all. what do you think of it?

greets Sebastiaan :)

What do you think is best?

european
01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
please keep this bumped today.

fortilite
01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
If anything I would like sooner. But the main thing is that it be big and hyped so we can get a lot of new donors.

european
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM
If anything I would like sooner. But the main thing is that it be big and hyped so we can get a lot of new donors.

yeah i agree. i do wonder why people arent replying to this... maybe the title of the thread isnt good enough? :(

pacelli
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
I think the 17th is the better choice if we want to have a serious shot at breaking our previous records.

I also think it would be seen as "upping the ante" by having several moneybombs coincide on the same day. It is symbolic of the evolution of the grassroots-- several projects coming together as a union of moneybombs.

mbrebstock
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
17th is better :)

european
01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
17th is better :)

keep this bumped please :)

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
There's three things wrong with an MLK Day moneybomb on the 21st:

1. We need to get Ron the money SOONER rather than later
2. Studies have shown that people are more willing to donate on Thursdays (which the 17th will be on) in the middle of a week, than on Mondays (which the 21st will be on)
3. Other than racial equality, MLK had some very communist/statist/anti-libertarian views on government -- I don't think this is something we should be aligning ourselves with

Melissa
01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
before I vote I know the 21 is MLK day what is the 17 --anything?

tboss
01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
17th!

Yom
01-03-2008, 02:51 PM
17th. It's the most hyped, and it's earlier, so better on both fronts. Benjamins for Paul!

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

european
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM

It is the 302nd Birthday of Benjamin Franklin. Hence Benjamins for Paul, and a benjamin is also a note of $100.
Next to that Ron Paul also has sponsored a bill called "Benjamin Franklin True Patriot Act" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin_True_Patriot_Act).

Plus it gives the official campaign more time in this very narrow timeframe. Super Duper Tuesday is February 5th.

skolwulf
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I've tried to get ahold of Vijay and Trevor for some time as well with no luck - Email, Private Messages, and even appeals on the forums have yielded nothing. I've also appealed to people promoting other moneybomb to consider moving to the nearest friday and cross promoting with Ron Paul's Payday...

Seems like it is heard to get anyone to listen above the roar of the rEVOLution.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM

Benjamin Franklin Day

european
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I've tried to get ahold of Vijay and Trevor for some time as well with no luck - Email, Private Messages, and even appeals on the forums have yielded nothing. I've also appealed to people promoting other moneybomb to consider moving to the nearest friday and cross promoting with Ron Paul's Payday...

Seems like it is heard to get anyone to listen above the roar of the rEVOLution.

i just gave both of them a call, they didn't pick up, so i left both times a voicemail, hope they get back at me. I have been in contact (email, private messages, and phoning) with people from other fundraising sites. So it is possible to contact people :) And funny that you say "roar"... I just used that word in a phonecall aswell :p

european
01-03-2008, 05:04 PM
blump

european
01-04-2008, 01:00 AM
blump