PDA

View Full Version : Aack!!!The Dumbing Down of American Politics...

moostraks
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Check out the intellectual thinking of this bright individual:
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/297326.aspx

Quote I take the most offense to:"You know what folks? Let's be honest. What's going to get your more mileage running for President? A bunch of policy proposals and White papers or someting you can not craft or make up which is an emotional connection to voters?":eek:

I do not want a President who can jam with the band and tell tasteless jokes about suicide and dead animals. I want someone who can intellectually debate the merits of current policies and think outside the box to solve the issues of the day. I am so tired of how debased American politics have become...

Best quote from the story:
"You see, I get the fact that Huckabee has been ripped for some gaffes and on some of his policies. It makes sense and ultimately, the mainstream Republicans may fight him and his "populist, non-traditional Republican speak" so hard that he'll end up being political road kill on the side of the highway."

So I guess by populist, non-traditional Republican speak, he would mean tell them you are predestined by G*d, and have no clue how to solve a problem, much less research a situation to the fullest extent to formulate an informed conclusion...Maybe we should add speaking out both sides of your mouth to this???

How do you reach people who are clearly this clueless about politics and why we are in such a mess???No wonder the media spends so much time giving us stupid stories on haircuts!!! Ok rant over....