PDA

View Full Version : I hope Ron doesn't get too excited when he does well in Iowa...

Starks
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
We don't need a "Ron Paul Scream" flooding the MSM and Intertubes.

tikwanleap
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
LOL. You gotta admit. That would be funny to see. But I doubt he'll scream.

ronpaulitician
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Paul has already been ridiculed. A Dean scream couldn't hurt this movement.

krott5333
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
We don't need a "Ron Paul Scream" flooding the MSM and Intertubes.

the more nonchalant he acts, the better it is.

media: "WHOA OH MY GOD, RON PAUL GETS 1ST PLACE WHOAOAAAAAAAAA, Congressman Paul, what do you make of this?"

ron paul: "ive been telling you all along, freedom is popular"

media: "well I mean, you have to be surprised!!! right?!?!??!"

ron paul: "well not really, i think the media may be surprised though"

media: "And will you run 3rd party if you dont win the nomination?!?!?"

ron paul: "ummmmm.. ummmmm... "

762x54r
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM
The scream would probably be more subdued than Dean's...I can't help but see Mr.Rogers

BLS
01-03-2008, 12:07 PM

media: "WHOA OH MY GOD, RON PAUL GETS 1ST PLACE WHOAOAAAAAAAAA, Congressman Paul, what do you make of this?"

I laughed out loud at that. :D

Starks
01-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Ron: We're going to Alabama and Arkansas and...

*5 minutes later*

...and Washington and Wyoming. AND THEN WE'RE GOING TO D.C. TO BACK THE WHITE HOUSE.....*silence*.....I'm done.

Azprint
I dunno, personally I liked Dean's scream, he was really enthusiastic at that moment.

BuddyRey
I never understood what the big deal was with that "Dean scream." It was made such a big deal of by the MSM. I like a little excitability and jocularity in my Presidential candidates, and it made me respect Dean no less at all.

EotS
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM

lol at that line. I swear, I get so sick of hearing that question. It's always the last question they ask in an interview, and you can just hear it coming every time.

Akus
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM

So, Dr. Paul your support is huge, every state, even AR and NY, states that Hillary Clinton' home state and Senatorial state, are largely your supporters and it's October 2008. Would you run a third party ticket if you don't win?

:eek::rolleyes:

bobmurph
01-03-2008, 12:12 PM

LOL! It will be nice not having to hear that effing question anymore!

Lyn
01-03-2008, 12:18 PM
More like,

Wolf Blitzer: So, Ron Paul how did you come in first in the Republican caucas in Iowa. I thought you were running as a Libertarian???

Ira Aten
01-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope if they give him a minute of air time, he points out that the Taliban/AlQueda/Islaamic Fundamentalists/Islaamic Extremists/Freedom Fighters/Terrorists/etc. didn't follow the Russians home when they finally came to their senses and left Afghanistan after fighting a guerilla war there for ten years.

I get so weary of talking heads always saying that 300K troops in Iraq/Turkey/Saudi/Afghanistan/Istanbul/Korea/Japan/etc. can protect the American "Homeland" while 3,000 miles away from it.

Minlawc
01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I never understood what the big deal was with that "Dean scream." It was made such a big deal of by the MSM. I like a little excitability and jocularity in my Presidential candidates, and it made me respect Dean no less at all.

I think it's alot like the whole sweating Nixon thing. It didn't matter in the grand sceme of things.

I think voters are smarter than the MSM thinks...

RobS
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
The question is more like, "You have won the Republican nomination, will you now seek a third party nomination since you obviously aren't a Republican?

Azprint
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I hope if they give him a minute of air time, he points out that the Taliban/AlQueda/Islaamic Fundamentalists/Islaamic Extremists/Freedom Fighters/Terrorists/etc. didn't follow the Russians home when they finally came to their senses and left Afghanistan after fighting a guerilla war there for ten years.

I get so weary of talking heads always saying that 300K troops in Iraq/Turkey/Saudi/Afghanistan/Istanbul/Korea/Japan/etc. can protect the American "Homeland" while 3,000 miles away from it.

Correct. But as a Russian immigrant I can add, that they left many troops on the border with Afghanistan, and they are still there, thousands of them.

slantedview
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

LOL. yea, if ron does well this is exactly what will happen. good prediction.

Joe3113
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

LMFAO!!!!!

micahnelson
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
The media made dean (in many ways), so they were able to destroy him.

We made Ron Paul, only we can destroy him.

That is both encouraging, and sobering at the same time.

LynnB
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Bump this...all Iowa does is simply validate your electability (sp?) ...viability....

Joe3113
01-03-2008, 12:36 PM
More like,

Wolf Blitzer: So, Ron Paul how did you come in first in the Republican caucas in Iowa. I thought you were running as a Libertarian???

:D:D:D:D:D

dt_
01-03-2008, 12:44 PM

hahahaha :D

yankee_blue
01-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I dont think Ron Paul has ever screamed. Ever.

Starks
01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
I thought screaming might be hidden deep in Ron's Texan blood.

TwiLeXia
01-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Ron Paul:

"Yea, I think the message is popular enough that a lot of supporters are coming out and voting. Hopefully this enthusiasm continues throughout the future primaries."

That's the sort of subdued response I could see coming out of Ron Paul, lol

Bowie
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Blitzer: "So Ron are you planning on running as a third party candidate?"

Paul: "Well considering I just won the nomination for the GOP, and also the election and am now the President-Elect, no, I have no plans to do that."

Blitzer: "You said 99.9% some months ago. Is there still some slight possibility?"

Paul: "Shut the F*** up!"

Blitzer: "Amazing... amazing!"

RonPaulFever
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM

Paul: "Well considering I just won the nomination for the GOP, and also the election and am now the President-Elect, no, I have no plans to do that."

Blitzer: "You said 99.9% some months ago. Is there still some slight possibility?"

LOL!!!

Carole
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
FOOMC-ROTFLOL....still laughing :D:D:D

Falling Out Of My Chair-Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud.

And I am just listening wall to wal coverage of all the "backrunners". Not a word about Paul.

This is good. Dr. Paul is lying low.......just under the RADAR. Then CRASH!!! He EXPLODES in Iowa and the voting machines (actually paper ballots) melt down. I would love that.

DRV45N05
01-03-2008, 01:16 PM
The Dean Scream was way overplayed... and hillarious.

JMann
01-03-2008, 01:17 PM

It was not presidential. I do not like HoDe but in fairness to the scream the camera shot from behind him made the whole thing look different. He had a huge cheering crowd there and he was playing it up. The front angle that was shown shows Sen. Harkin and some other 90 year old guy that didn't make Dean look like he was on the same page with everyone.

Another view:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FCjsiq1pUq0

CoreyBowen999
01-03-2008, 01:18 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Carole
01-03-2008, 01:18 PM
FOOMC-ROTFLOL....still laughing

Falling Out Of My Chair-Rolling On The Floor Laughing Out Loud.

Interview done June, 2009 :)

krott5333
01-03-2008, 01:22 PM

HAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAH H

OH MY GOD HAHAHHAA

unklejman
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I dont think Ron Paul has ever screamed. Ever.

You should look up Morton Downey Jr and Ron Paul on youtube.

dude58677
01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Electoral College on November 2008:

Ron Paul 525
Barrack Obama 13

So Ron Paul if you don't win the nomination will seek a third party run?:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Joe3113
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FOMCROFLMAO

I can picture Wolf's cyborg head exploding during that exchange

Bowie
01-03-2008, 01:44 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

FOMCROFLMAO

I can picture Wolf's cyborg head exploding during that exchange
HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHA....... I nearly woke up my household laughing at that image in my head.

"Amazing.. amazing... third party.... Paul Ron... Ron Paul... amazing... Paul Ron Paul Ron Ron MCROMNEYYYYY third third candidate destruct ... self destruct... amazing... self... in thirty seconds... third seconds... third party seconds candidate PAUL AMAZING AMAZING AMAAAZING THIRD PARTY AAAAAMAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......"

[EXPLOSION!!!!!1]

cska80
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I laughed out loud at that. :D

I second that.

Mandrik
01-03-2008, 01:47 PM

Good Lord, how did we ever live without the internet? :D

yongrel
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm hoping that if Edwards wins, we'll see a Dean scream of sorts. He's the only one who seems up to it.

http://heyyeahdean.ytmnd.com/

Joe3113
01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Wolf: "Thanks For Joining us Congressman Paul. Let's get right into it, I wanna know how you plan on overcoming your low polling numbers? It seems you dont even show up in the polls!."

Paul: "Well considering I'm not running in any election and i'm in the middle of my 1st term as President, that would make sense."

Wolf: "Ok congressman, but how are Republicans supposed to take you seriously when you've promised to run in a 3rd party?"

Paul: "I''M NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT and STOP CALLING ME CONGRESSMAN!"

Wolf: "Ok. Moving on. Looking at your voting record, you've often been a lone voter in congress. How do you explain voting against a medal for Rosa Parks, a black women who the majority of Americans think is a hero? and how do you explain your accepting of a donation from a white supremacist? What is going on here?

Ron: "I voted against medals for alot of people an...."(wolf interupts)

Wolf: "And they were all black right?"

Ron: "NO! I voted against a medal for Ronald Raegan for god's sake!!....and the donation was during my presidential campaign over 2 years ago!!"

Wolf: "Ok. Congressman, thanks for joining us"

Paul: "You f*cking idiot."

Wolf: "amazing.....amazing"

kaleidoscope eyes
01-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I thought screaming might be hidden deep in Ron's Texan blood.
ah, but he's a native Pennsylvanian, they tend to be a bit more subdued. feisty, for sure but not outrageous.

yankee_blue
01-03-2008, 02:39 PM
You should look up Morton Downey Jr and Ron Paul on youtube.

Seen it. No scream.

In 1988, I was a budding libertarian when the party nominated Ron Paul as its candidate. I had never heard of Ron Paul before, so I called a Libertiarian friend of mine to ask him about Dr. Paul. He gave me a brief run down on Dr Paul and how he was going to be a really good candidate for the party. A few months later, I got a call from a group called YAF (another group I was involved with) who was having a conference in New Orleans during the Republican convention that year and asked me if I would work the libertarian party table at the YAF convention. I jumped at the chance. I remember that Pat Buchanan spoke there and Ron's opponent for the Texas senate also spoke there (can't recall his name). Anyways, when Ron arrived in New Orleans, I went to his hotel and helped haul a few things around and helped make some phone calls. I got to meet Ron, Rand and Eric Dondero (yecch). In fact, for about an hour, Ron, Rand, and I sat in Paul's hotel room and talked politics for about an hour (waiting for Eric to get dinner for us!) while Ron sat in his T-Shirt drinking a beer. Great experience. So laid back.