PDA

View Full Version : Stephanopoulos Glad He "had no money in his pocket"

Eli
01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/paul_ron/index.html

January 03, 2008 7:20 AM

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos is still probably safe. At least his money is. But perhaps not as safe as he thought it was when he bet Ron Paul all the money in his pocket this summer that Paul would lose the Presidential election.

Watch Video of George Stephanopoulos betting Ron Paul HERE.

Since then, Paul has not skyrocketed in the polls, but he has become a fundraising phenom and gained a loyal following of supporters.

Paul's wife Carol was more than happy to make Stephanopoulos sweat (good-naturedly) when she and her husband ran into the This Week anchor in the basement of the convention center in Des Moines.

GS: How's it goin?
Carol Paul: I can't wait til he bet all the money…
GS -- January 03, 2008 7:20 AM

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: ABC News' George Stephanopoulos is still probably safe. At least his money is. But perhaps not as safe as he thought it was when he bet Ron Paul all the money in his pocket this summer that Paul would lose the Presidential election.

Watch Video of George Stephanopoulos betting Ron Paul HERE.

Since then, Paul has not skyrocketed in the polls, but he has become a fundraising phenom and gained a loyal following of supporters.

Paul's wife Carol was more than happy to make Stephanopoulos sweat (good-naturedly) when she and her husband ran into the This Week anchor in the basement of the convention center in Des Moines.

GS: How's it goin?
Carol Paul: I can't wait til he bet all the money…
GS -- I'm just glad I didn't have any money in my pocket. Yeah, well it was great television. Great for you. A million Youtube hits. Great for me.

Paul: You're on our list. You're on the list. Our supporters, they put you on it. And we only have ten million.. Yeah, well it was great television. Great for you. A million Youtube hits. Great for me.

Paul: You're on our list. You're on the list. Our supporters, they put you on it. And we only have ten million.

TheIndependent
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
The real beefy story is right below that:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/with-debate-snu.html

jumpyg1258
01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I dont remember the pockets part of the bet, I just remember every cent he has.

ronpaulitician
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Man, an hour long program would rock.

Molly1
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM

I'm glad to see that campaign headquarters are finally listening to us about the Don't Tread on Me hour long fireside chat (or town meeting) with Ron Paul on an opposing local channel.

Now if they would just listen to us about running tons of ad time in New Hampshire and running ads that gives Paul's message of no war, no pat act, small government, freedom, and liberty!

Pull that 'terrorist ad' from the New Hampshire market.

Geez, are they all idiots there? (Sorry, I'm losing patience).

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Wow!!!! now that's awesome!

Can you imagine if we could air a forum going on simultaneously!?!?!

what about the few thousand we're predicting would show up?

sounds like they're on to something in NH....

FREEDOM ftw

entropy
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Now if they would just listen to us about running tons of ad time in New Hampshire and running ads that gives Paul's message of no war, no pat act, small government, freedom, and liberty!

Pull that 'terrorist ad' from the New Hampshire market.

Geez, are they all idiots there? (Sorry, I'm losing patience).

I am thinking their plan is to have some cash left coming out of Iowa and New Hampshire. The MSM has downplayed his chances and his ideas. If RP can manage 3rd in Iowa and at least 3rd in N.H. they will NOT be able to ignore him anymore. Especially since he has millions to go on the offensive at that exact moment. Huck has no money and weak groundsupport, McCain is not loaded and his campaign organization is lacking, Guiliani is shaky coming out of Iowa & N.H. with low #'s

Romney has the money and the campaign infrastructure and votes.

Ron Paul is best positioned after Romney only folks. If he gets just in the top three of Iowa/N.H........WATCH OUT....they will HAVE to give him his airtime

And this will be the moment the campaign needs us the MOST. Boots on the ground

" Make Ready!!"

Molly1
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I am thinking their plan is to have some cash left coming out of Iowa and New Hampshire. The MSM has downplayed his chances and his ideas. If RP can manage 3rd in Iowa and at least 3rd in N.H. they will NOT be able to ignore him anymore. Especially since he has millions to go on the offensive at that exact moment. Huck has no money and weak groundsupport, McCain is not loaded and his campaign organization is lacking, Guiliani is shaky coming out of Iowa & N.H. with low #'s

Romney has the money and the campaign infrastructure and votes.

Ron Paul is best positioned after Romney only folks. If he gets just in the top three of Iowa/N.H........WATCH OUT....they will HAVE to give him his airtime

And this will be the moment the campaign needs us the MOST. Boots on the ground

" Make Ready!!"

But, Ron Paul could win New Hampshire, if only they get his message.

I am talking to people here who have never heard of him or think he's a fringe candidate.

The swing vote in New Hampshire could win the state for him if they know they must vote in the Republican primary.

Otherwise, they'll go to the Democrat primary and vote Obama or Edwards.

They need to flood this market with Ron Paul ads and pull that 'terrorist ad' here.

entropy
01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I would love to see him get 1st or 2nd, he need not get those because the MSM has helped us by downplaying his chances(kooky/fringe/isolationist). This gives us the surprise factor aka the OH S**T factor in the GOP party establishment!

Exceeding expectations is how to get noticed. Peaking at the right time is how to win.

He already has the money and the troops to get his message out once they (MSM) capitulate