PDA

View Full Version : The election will hinge on South Carolina (from national)

Don
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
If you want to help Ron Paul win in South Carolina, please contact one of the offices and volunteer today!

South Carolina Headquarters

402 North Pleasantburg Dr.

Greenville, SC 29607

Phone: (864) 250 4382

Fax: (864) 250-4378

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/sc

South Carolina - Columbia

1911 Hampton Street

Columbia, SC 29201

Phone: (803)-931-8096

Fax: (800)-848-0068

South Carolina- Charleston

1951 Belgrade Ave

Charleston, SC 29407

Phone: (843) 225 6961 - phone

Fax: (843) 225 6950 - fax

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Great, Don. Thank you! Will you also please send this out to all the Meetup groups?

tsetsefly
01-03-2008, 10:56 AM
bump, if we would win SC before super duper tuesday what a boost that would be!

nc4rp
01-03-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

LETTERS TO SOUTH CAROLINA!

TROOPS ENGAGE!

wxflyguy
01-03-2008, 11:05 AM
No candidate who has finished less than FIRST in the South Carolina primary has ever gone on to the National Election...South Carolina is a MUST!

slamhead
01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Need to fund this for South Carolina.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

Ethek
01-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I hope every night for an endorsement from Mr. SC gov. If we finish 3rd in IA and first in NH, we just might get it. With the blimp and grassroots we might have a shot.

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Need to fund this for South Carolina.

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

Agreed Slamhead SC/NV our are major targets after we get MI going..we cant put enough money behind the new productions fast enough and the air time spots we went for.

rancher89
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Please get a subforum on helping SC

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72320

slantedview
01-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree - SC is key.

literatim
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Everyone needs to contact Governor Mark Sanford and urge him to endorse Ron Paul. Write letters and email.

http://www.scgovernor.com/Contact.asp?sitecontentid=33

DesignerJoes
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
spread it.
http://RonPaul.InfoOps.googlepages.com/VeteranPaul.jpg

fireworks_god
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM
The election might hinge on South Carolina, but Florida will also be what thrusts us through Super Tuesday. We need South Carolina AND Florida, and if we aren't stead-fastly focused on both, Florida even a bit more I would think, then we're not going to make it.

South Carolina and FLORIDA woot! :)

mconder
01-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I think a Huckabee loss today will help a immensely in South Carolina. Huckabee will no longer appeal to the crowd that has to back the winning race horse and RP could emerge in SC as a "Front Runner" even if he does place 3rd. Reason being is that the Christian vote in SC may go shopping for someone other than Huckabee and it's not going to be Mitt, because generally Christians think Mormons are involved in a cult religion and can never except a Mormon president. I don't think perception is right, but I think it is reality.

Bryan
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Bump :)

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I admit, I am totally confused here. I just read from another post - from a grassroots meetup person - that there is NOTHING going on from HQ in SC!!!! If its that important, why isn't HQ doing ads there.. radio/print/tv?? Am I missing something. Seriously, I am not being a naysayer - I really want to know.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
If the election hinges on South Carolina, and all previous elections have, then we're doomed because we are not able to get 1st here anymore. Thats reality, deal with it, if you don't believe it you're in another world. Huckabee is going to take SC big time now.

The campaign neglected SC, and then placed bad in Iowa, and Huckabee won. Thats like the worst combination of events that could have happened for SC, especially since Paul has barely been here and there have been no television ads here.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 03:36 PM
I admit, I am totally confused here. I just read from another post - from a grassroots meetup person - that there is NOTHING going on from HQ in SC!!!! If its that important, why isn't HQ doing ads there.. radio/print/tv?? Am I missing something. Seriously, I am not being a naysayer - I really want to know.

I said there was radio and fliers, but thats basically it. There are 3 offices in SC, but I have no idea what they are doing. They were pissing off tons of people with automated illegal calls, but that was stopped since well they were pissing people off and they were illegal. And the radio ads are not nearly as often as Huckabee or Romney, and Thompson radio ads are probably soon to come.

But Romney, Huckabee, and Thompson have been advertising on tv here for at least a month and a half now.

And Paul?

I'm not holding my breath for tv to start.

Visits? Well there is that debate here, I guess he may step foot in SC for that.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot I was one of the people getting mail fliers and there has not been a single one in at least 3 weeks, so I guess they decided the mail was not important to keep going.

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 03:46 PM
If SC is so important, headquarters better start doing something!

I have heard from 1 person they heard a RP ad on the radio, oh I don't know, about 3 months ago. Since that point, I haven't heard any (though I don't really listen to the radio). I do, however, watch a lot of TV, and read the newspapers in the area. Haven't seen a single print advertisement, nor have I seen a single commercial on TV. I can't turn the TV on without seeing a commercial for Mitt, Huck who has no money, McCain (who also has no money), Fred, and Rudy (just on the republican side). NOT A SINGLE ONE FOR RON. I wrote an email to campaign in SC this morning expressing my concerns, since our time is just about over, asking when they are going to start doing something with the money I gave them. I encourage you all to do the same.

I also see signs all over the place for EVERY candidate except for Ron. More Huck signs than anything else, but every candidate has a presence in my area, except Ron.

justinc.1089
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
If SC is so important, headquarters better start doing something!

I have heard from 1 person they heard a RP ad on the radio, oh I don't know, about 3 months ago. Since that point, I haven't heard any (though I don't really listen to the radio). I do, however, watch a lot of TV, and read the newspapers in the area. Haven't seen a single print advertisement, nor have I seen a single commercial on TV. I can't turn the TV on without seeing a commercial for Mitt, Huck who has no money, McCain (who also has no money), Fred, and Rudy (just on the republican side). NOT A SINGLE ONE FOR RON. I wrote an email to campaign in SC this morning expressing my concerns, since our time is just about over, asking when they are going to start doing something with the money I gave them. I encourage you all to do the same.

I also see signs all over the place for EVERY candidate except for Ron. More Huck signs than anything else, but every candidate has a presence in my area, except Ron.

The radio ads were still airing at least up until a few weeks ago because I heard one. Strangely thats the same time the mail fliers stopped too though....

There are no tv ads anywhere.

There is no official campaign help for getting students here to go door to door as far as I know.

Signs the campaign has plenty of, ALL THE WAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATE!!!:mad:

So we have to drive all the way across SC to get signs to put out, but we're putting them out like crazy in Horry County, I suggest you do the same if there are not any in your area. I have put out over 100 signs in the past 2 days alone. Later today I'm going to help with students arriving that are going door to door, and tomorrow I'm going to help them with that again. And tonight and tomorrow night I will probably be putting out more signs again, another 50 tonight and another 50 tomorrow night!

Thats the kind of action its going to take from LOTS of people for us to get a 2nd place finish in SC.

Eric21ND
01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
This is all very disappointing. I can't believe how little we're doing in SC.

Richandler
01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
We need to place ahead of Huck in NH before we can dream of placing ahead of him in SC. Not to say we shouldn't try for SC.

Lord Xar
01-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I said there was radio and fliers, but thats basically it. There are 3 offices in SC, but I have no idea what they are doing. They were pissing off tons of people with automated illegal calls, but that was stopped since well they were pissing people off and they were illegal. And the radio ads are not nearly as often as Huckabee or Romney, and Thompson radio ads are probably soon to come.

But Romney, Huckabee, and Thompson have been advertising on tv here for at least a month and a half now.

And Paul?

I'm not holding my breath for tv to start.

Visits? Well there is that debate here, I guess he may step foot in SC for that.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot I was one of the people getting mail fliers and there has not been a single one in at least 3 weeks, so I guess they decided the mail was not important to keep going.

what illegal calls were going out? What is the issue here?

We are starting SC soon with our Call4Paul operation there. Curious as to what the issues might be there.

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 04:07 PM
We need to place ahead of Huck in NH before we can dream of placing ahead of him in SC. Not to say we shouldn't try for SC.

Yes, but if we neglect SC now, we won't be able to catch up no matter how good we do in NH.

Forget not, "the bible belt" runs right through this state. People here will support Huck on his religion alone.

RPatTheBeach
01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
So I read an article on Reuters that said the ads should start playing soon in SC. Glad to hear it. Don't have the link handy, sorry.

gaazn
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
No candidate who has finished less than FIRST in the South Carolina primary has ever gone on to the National Election...South Carolina is a MUST!

that's why money is so important. most of those were pre-cable and pre-internet. when it was so much harder to raise money quickly. the traditional candidates had to balance time to campaign and time to raise money. many times the places to raise money were in different states than where they needed to campaign. and they had to hold fund-raising events, so a loss in sc made it so much harder to raise money afterwards. ron paul does not have this handicap, and placing 2nd in sc would keep the money flowing fast.

noztnac
01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Can someone look at the contacts I've posted on this forum. It would be a big help if someone could get HQ to put someone on contacting them.

I'm in South Korea or I'd do it myself.

noztnac
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Look at all the contacts I've put up.

fireworks_god
01-07-2008, 02:40 AM
The grassroots is going to win South Carolina! :)

damon04
01-07-2008, 02:44 AM
I sure hope so.. Anyone in surrounding states with time on their hands needs to lend a hand/volunteer in S. Carolina!! WE ARE THE CAMPAIGN!!

DesignerJoes
01-07-2008, 02:56 AM
awesome... is there any organization in Myrtle Beach ?

noztnac
01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Has anyone looked at the five points concert for freedom concept with Hootie and the Blowfish, Edwin McCain, Robert Newton, Former World Heavyweight Champ Joe Frazier, Andie McDowell, Cale Yarborough, William Perry, Steve Spurrier, etc.????

Look at the links I've posted under winning in SC. It can happen and we can win.

fireworks_god
01-07-2008, 07:31 AM
It is great! :)

How much would it cost us to book Hootie and the Blowfish? :strokebeard:

perrin_for_paul
01-08-2008, 12:37 PM
So I'm new on here, and just wanted to take a sec to defend the SC efforts.

I'm in Columbia, and have only recently gotten involved with the campaign and the grassroots here, but I've already seen a lot.

For 6 months, I've seen the "Google Ron Paul" signs everywhere. That's how I first became a follower :)

I've seen a total of 6 Ron Paul tv ads, and I barely ever watch tv (maybe 30 minutes a day tops).

I've heard his radio ads on 3 different occasions on the different stations, and I honestly listen to the radio about 30 minutes per week.

Family members of mine in the upstate have been receiving a mailing a week from RP for about a month now...with the latest coming this past Friday.

I went to the campaign headquarters in Columbia, and there were air mattresses and duffle bags covering the floor of more than half of the office where the college students have come to town to canvass.

And, Ron Paul signs dominate every area that I've driven through in weeks. Not only are there signs in every vacant lot and roadside I've driven by, but there are private houses and businesses with windows, porches, yards, and cars covered in RP signs. The Columbia Meetup group members have even gotten a huge sign posted on the side of a building right on one of the main interstates going into Columbia.

True, there could be more done, and I don't know about the rest of the state, but I think there is some great work being done, and I hope you find this information encouraging.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for helping us win SC!

Perrin

smokinjoev
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Perrin is right as well as others. the campaign did put a lot of effort into NH and less into SC. But just like everything else, it only takes on poster from somewhere to say, "I haven't seen anything in my neighborhood, so national must suck and nobody must be doing anything in SC. "

The failing of the official campaign were due to money originally. The campaign didn't have it and did not build the infrastructure. Don't think for a minute that 20 million gets you the white house.

Why haven't you put anything up? There is a virtual underground army from Greenville to Aiken to Orangeburg to Columbia to Rock Hill doing daily sign posting events. (I can't speak for the other area as I haven't been there yet. )

Ask the Aiken Meetup who actually has a scale model blimp and was in every parade in the Aiken Augusta area for the last three months if we are working hard in SC

The Greenville people are amazing ---buying actual billboards on I-85.

Do not expect that sending in couple hundred bucks and posting on forums gets you the white house. Not with the raw deal we get from the MSM. Get out and work the houses!!!

We blew it with the automated calling, but it was used since there weren't any volunteers to work the phones. I am not a campaign staffer so I can't say that officially but, I was there enough that I knew that was the reason.

I think the only people with a legit gripe are the people in Myrtle Beach. Until only a few weeks ago, not a lot of attention was paid to that area. I appeared to me at least that was the case.

We can still do well in SC, but if you are reading this post and you are in SC this message is for you--- Call in and ask how you can help.. today

Detonator
01-09-2008, 04:16 PM
We need to raise more money for National TV ads.
The campaign should put some focus on the seniors in the country by running a Sunday morning/evening ad directed at their vote--they are important.

slacker921
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I've driven around the upstate some the last couple of days and spent today canvassing in SC.. I saw more McCain signs than Ron Paul signs and we didn't have any to put up. I thought McCain was broke? All of the McCain signs were his official ones (not ones people made themselves..). Ron Paul had 12 Million in mid December - PLENTY of time to get signs made and shipped to all of the meetups in the state of SC.

Ah well.. grassroots efforts will net maybe 10% in SC despite everything.

James T
01-14-2008, 07:36 PM

Don't bitch, call a local office and work. We need canvassers!!!!:D

Crickett
01-14-2008, 07:52 PM
WoW..u go! HQ does not help and there has never been another candidate like RP. The ads suck so bad that you are probably better off without them. It is person to person that makes a difference and going door to door is KEY. You are doing your best and you are doing good to get the message out. Thanks from us all..

kirkblitz
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Im not gonna canvass but im sgoing to send letters to my local people and hopefully they will arrive on voting day before they go to the polls and it will sway them :D