PDA

View Full Version : Idea - We need to be ready !

realist
01-03-2008, 10:12 AM
By almost all accounts, Dr. Paul will exceed expectations in Iowa. By how much is not clear but what is clear is that WHEN this happens, he will become much more "included" and targetted heavily for what sets him apart - his differing views. With the likelihood of debate inclusion, a new larger target on his back, and the potential for a larger audience of possible converts, I have been thinking about how we might help him spread a message that's not always easy to explain in a 30 second response and I had an idea.

I was largely converted by the incredible you tube videos like "stop dreaming". But I must admit, initially, I would only watch the shorter ones (I wasn't convinced enough to watch the 8,10 or 15 minute ones at first).

Wouldn't it be great if some of the incredibly talented U-tubers here could make some short (around 3 minutes) videos that clearly explained Dr. Pauls positions with fact's that support the position. If they were clevery and uniquely named, Perhaps Dr. Paul could even reference the clips during debates or interviews to help fill in the gaps that always seem to get missed (or cut) during short sound bytes.

Any thoughts?

Mahkato
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Don't we already have this at ronpaul2008.com/issues (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/)? They've added video recently.

UtahApocalypse
01-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Maybe a 3 min clip for each topic? that way someone can watch the topic that they are most concerned with.

realist
01-03-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking short, (emotionally) moving video clips (set to music so as to be intersting to watch - not documentary boring) showing some of his stump speachs on the subject with some historic quotes and/or news clips that substantiate why his view is contrarian -

An example might be on his stance on bringing troops home versus staying or escalation in the fight against terror. - Show his speach clip on disengaging Iran and protecting our borders from home by example versus Bushes continued policy of aggression targetting Iran despite Bushes own guys intelligence reports and perhaps Olbermanns rant point blank calling out Bush and Cheney on the facts.

Matthew Zak
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe a 3 min clip for each topic? that way someone can watch the topic that they are most concerned with.

Hmm...

someone could create an emotionally charged 2-3 minute video regarding war, explaining ron paul's positions on that subject alone. I kind of made one awhile ago, but it's not informative enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obq7d2EaOTA

I do like the idea of emotionally charged videos pertaining to certain issues. Could have videos on health care, the economy, education, immigration, etc. I know they all tie in together, which would entice people to watch them all.

realist
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I think the great thing could be if Dr. Paul is explaining something and he's getting hammered by the details and short on time, he could just say - "I don't have enough time to explain all the important details but if your truelly interested in understanding my position versus soundbytes, my stance is well defined on my website and youtube video - Ron Paul right on the money".