PDA

View Full Version : Think about it, this is working. "Ron Paul blimp buzzes Disney World"

Dave Wood
01-03-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWNewsDetail.asp?page=1&NewsID=1766&type=1&tag=

People of all ages and from all over the country go to Disney world every day:)

Chester Copperpot
01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
thats great

Cindy
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Disney is just packed this time of year. I was there two years ago for the Christmas Holiday and had to wait in 30 minute lines just to use a rest room. Best time for the blimp to be there.

This Sunday, meetup groups throughout Florida plan to be at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa bay, while the blimp is flying overhead, doing sign waves and handing out slim Jims, while people are pouring in for the game. They will do the same as they pour out of the stadium with the blimp overhead as well.

Cool that Disney called the Blimp "Magical"in their article.

disciple
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Long Live the Blimp.

ronpaulitician
01-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Awesome.

I wonder if any of the Disney-goers would pay to be up in the blimp.

Mort
01-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Interesting idea. Of course, disney world is private property so you will probably need permission.

itshappening
01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
it's great to see the blimp doing so well, hopefully will generate lots of buzz in florida which will be very useful in a few weeks time before heading to SC to ram the message home before their primary !!

ashlux
Disney is just packed this time of year.

We're really starting to move outside of the time Disney is busy for the holidays. Jan-Feb are the slowest times for WDW followed by Sept-Oct. I don't know when the slow time for Jan starts though. I guess i'd be when school starts back up in the next few days (if it hasn't already).

Greenskin
I was in Disney World this Christmas. Sucks I missed it by a week.

The place is PACKED. I've been to Disney World ~15 times, and Christmas is the most crowded.

Mithridates
01-03-2008, 10:17 AM
The blimp's perfect for this because it reaches people and journalists that have almost nothing to do with politics. With journalists that means that they just check out Ron Paul's major positions and include that in the article without any of the prefabricated nonsense about whether they think he'll win or not.
And for regular people of course it causes many of them to think about politics for the first time.

dfalken
01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Interesting idea. Of course, disney world is private property so you will probably need permission.

No....the airspace above them is not private property. The only restrictions that would apply in this case for an aircraft are 500 feet off the ground over sparsely populated areas and 1000 feet off the ground over densely populated. I would assume Disney World would fall under the 1000 foot category but the blimp is probably best seen from 1000 feet. It can fly over Disney World all day long without any need for permission (unless there was an FAA airspace restriction like they have over stadiums but I don't think they have one over Disney World).

ExpatinArgentina
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Excellent

tsopranos
01-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Speaking of the blimpage...the segment on The Daily Buzz this morning was excellent. A little shorter than I would have liked, but it was good coverage. The Daily Buzz team seems to love him :D

http://www.dailybuzz.tv/

Lucid American
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Awesome that they include this:
"About Ron Paul
Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) is the leading advocate for freedom in our nation's capital. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. He is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution."

Cindy
01-03-2008, 10:43 AM
We're really starting to move outside of the time Disney is busy for the holidays. Jan-Feb are the slowest times for WDW followed by Sept-Oct. I don't know when the slow time for Jan starts though. I guess i'd be when school starts back up in the next few days (if it hasn't already).

The kids don't go back until January 8th. Disney is still packed. By then, the blimp will be leaving Tampa and heading for Miami, another very densely populated region of Rudy lovers.

After that, who knows where it is going.

RoyalShock
01-03-2008, 10:44 AM
From ronpaulblimp.com:

According to media reports the first ten days of blimp flight generated a minimum of $500,000 in publicity. This puts us on track to garner 1.5 million in publicity per month before considering the blimps advertising value. When adding the advertising impact of the blimp (as a flying billboard for Ron Paul), our return rate puts us on par to generate over $2.5 million in advertising and publicity value per month on an investment of $400,000. That’s a 620% return on each dollar spent.

OptionsTrader
01-03-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWNewsDetail.asp?page=1&NewsID=1766&type=1&tag=

People of all ages and from all over the country go to Disney world every day:)

LOL.

Kids love Blimps.

zavislak
No....the airspace above them is not private property. The only restrictions that would apply in this case for an aircraft are 500 feet off the ground over sparsely populated areas and 1000 feet off the ground over densely populated. I would assume Disney World would fall under the 1000 foot category but the blimp is probably best seen from 1000 feet. It can fly over Disney World all day long without any need for permission (unless there was an FAA airspace restriction like they have over stadiums but I don't think they have one over Disney World).

I like your "unless" ;)

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_2122.html

Disney World Theme Park, Orlando, Florida near ORLANDO VORTAC (ORL)
Beginning Date and Time : March 18, 2003 at 2000 UTC
Ending Date and Time : Until further notice
Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions for Special Security Reasons
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet AGL

xexkxex
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Blimp_Buzzes_Disney_World

http://www.homesweethomefront.co.uk/images/gif/hshf_img_dig.gif