PDA

View Full Version : Huck was needed to stop Mitt. Do we need Mitt to stop Huck now?

Ethek
01-03-2008, 09:16 AM
A while ago the common perception was that Huckabee was needed to stop the Mitt Romney train. Now I am wondering if we need Mitt to stop Huck. He seems to have gotten a lot of the anti establishment vote.. even if it is uninformed. Huck is leading in the polls. In the south Huckabee has some major support with other backers like Boortz??? (I fail to understand that)

However, the major talk radio pundits like Laura Ingram, Hanity and especially Rush like to bash him and would love to talk up Romney.

Who would be better coming out on top in Iowa other than Ron?

ClayTrainor
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
As far as getting the ball rolling goes, i think huckabee winning over mitt would be to our advantage.

Huckabee doesnt have much support in NH, and Romney is the media's forecasted winner there so a hit to romney in iowa would probably help us in NH.

Micahyah
01-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Huckabee because it hurts Romney in NH.

voytechs
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok, just to sum it up, going out of IA:

#1 Ron Paul
#2 Huckabee
#3 Romney
#4 Thompson
#5 McCain

Right? :D Everybody's wet dream?

itshappening
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I've thought about tthis, Romney has unlimited money so the sooner he's out the better. i'd rather face Huckabee than moneybags

jasonjasonjason1
01-03-2008, 09:22 AM
aa

jasonjasonjason1
01-03-2008, 09:24 AM
aa

slamhead
01-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Is so funny...you look at the graphs and there are direct correlations of these guys swapping votes back and forth. I am convinced that 30% of the voting block are sheeple who cannot think for themselves.

dfalken
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
30%? You are giving them WAY too much credit. About 90% of people are just a few genes away from a frog. Many people vote on looks or vote for the "winner" as if elections were a popularity contest. The vast majority of people are complete idiots but we still need to somehow convince them to vote for Ron Paul as unfortunately there are more of them than there are of us.

vegetarianrpfan
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
30%? You are giving them WAY too much credit. About 90% of people are just a few genes away from a frog....

Actually every human is about 90% genetically the same as a frog. :) I would also venture to say that frogs are smarter than some people.

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

troyd1
01-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Huckabee has so much bagage, he is a joke. The democrates are calling him glass jaw and won't even attack him because they want him to win. The longer he is viable, he splits the neocon vote. We don't have fence sitters for supporters. If you are a RP supporter, you are one. If not, you either are wacked or have not researched him. If these candidates start to fall, their supporters are most likely going to the non Ron Paul candidates unless Ron Paul comes in first and gets some bandwagon jumpers. I think it is better to keep as many candidates viable for as long as possible. In a lot of states, if you get the most votes, you get *ALL* the delegates. So if all the others split at 20% or less and Ron gets 21, he gets all the delegates. If on the other hand Fred, Mccain drop out and now the others are at 22%, we do not win. My 2 cents.

itshappening
01-03-2008, 10:22 AM
30%? You are giving them WAY too much credit. About 90% of people are just a few genes away from a frog. Many people vote on looks or vote for the "winner" as if elections were a popularity contest. The vast majority of people are complete idiots but we still need to somehow convince them to vote for Ron Paul as unfortunately there are more of them than there are of us.

the media tells us that Iowa caucus people are political geeks who take it very seriously and study if that's the case they can only come to one conclusion tonight, we will see.

itshappening
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Huckabee has so much bagage, he is a joke. The democrates are calling him glass jaw and won't even attack him because they want him to win. The longer he is viable, he splits the neocon vote. We don't have fence sitters for supporters. If you are a RP supporter, you are one. If not, you either are wacked or have not researched him. If these candidates start to fall, their supporters are most likely going to the non Ron Paul candidates unless Ron Paul comes in first and gets some bandwagon jumpers. I think it is better to keep as many candidates viable for as long as possible. In a lot of states, if you get the most votes, you get *ALL* the delegates. So if all the others split at 20% or less and Ron gets 21, he gets all the delegates. If on the other hand Fred, Mccain drop out and now the others are at 22%, we do not win. My 2 cents.

there's so much dirt on Huck from Ark they wil bury him in it

scooter
01-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Huck is excellent for us. With the top-tier MSM neocons bashing him, he won't do well in the long run. If he slows down Romney for the time being, it's great.

I truly think that McCain is going to be our top competitor in this one. I think the sheeply neocon portion of the party has really been hurt by Bush and the more independent thinkers will stand out.

Most of the common sheeple in American like a good underdog story. You'd think they would get behind a rise of the sorts that Ron Paul has had.

Ethek
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Huck is excellent for us. With the top-tier MSM neocons bashing him, he won't do well in the long run. If he slows down Romney for the time being, it's great.

I truly think that McCain is going to be our top competitor in this one. I think the sheeply neocon portion of the party has really been hurt by Bush and the more independent thinkers will stand out.

Most of the common sheeple in American like a good underdog story. You'd think they would get behind a rise of the sorts that Ron Paul has had.

Excellent points from everyone. I can't believe people in Iowa would have forgiven Mr. Amnesty. I guess his pouting line 'i did what I thought was right' works.

unloud
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
No, this is where we stop Huck.