PDA

View Full Version : AM talk radio: I just nailed a Neocon shill on KFYI

Cleaner44
01-03-2008, 09:08 AM
I am so pumped right now. I was driving into work and our local Clear Cahnnel Radio station KFYI was beating up on Dr. Paul. I got through and nailed the guy! He was trying to paint Ron Paul as a hypocrit for putting earmarks into bills when he is supposed to be the anti-govt guy.

I put it like this, if Ron Paul is putting in huge pork spending like $20 million bridges that nobody uses, like that guy in Alaska did, then he should be called out. If Ron Paul is putting in legit earmarks for things like a VA hospital in his district, then he is doing the right thing.

I hammered on Borrow and Spend Neocons and highlighted that Republicans need to stop being the party of big govt. I mentioned that Republicans can't pretend they want govt to stay out of our health decisions by rejecting Hillary's Universal Healthcare and then inject themselves into the healthcare decisions of Terri Schivo. Things have to change.

The host totally back pedalled and agreed with everything I said and then quickly went to a break.

Scruffy the Janitor
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Slap!!!

MsDoodahs
01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Yay!

Janet0116
01-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Boo-ya! WTG!!

rfbz
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
God that Terri Schiavo fiasco made me sick. Not because of Terri Schiavo, but because congress held an emergency hearing over it

jasonjasonjason1
01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
aa

whutaboutbob
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Ra!

familydog
Sweet :D

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
spank dat azz!!

BizmanUSA
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
w00t Hoooo!

Cool Beans

Freedom is Popular!

Ron LOL
01-03-2008, 09:18 AM
rwned :D

OptionsTrader
01-03-2008, 09:19 AM
You should have mentioned that he votes against the earmarks on principle, but includes his district's requests because they deserve to have a say in how their money is spent at the Congressional level, and if the money is not earmarked, it is not like the money is not spent, the Executive branch decides where it is spent, it is merely a tag for the money that will be spent anyway, so earmarking it to your district and then voting against the spending is THE MOST PRINCIPLED WAY TO HANDLE THIS BROKEN SYSTEM RON HAS TO WORK WITH.

RonRules
01-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Good job guy. We have to win back talk radio. It's a fun medium, but the neocons have OWNED it for the last 20 years. With enough Paultite calls, the advertisers will support hosts that allow this message.

BTW, talk radio is totally different in other countries. It's much more pleasant and balanced.

Real_CaGeD
Tha Cleaner!!!

piotr1
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_19_1.gif

rp08orbust
01-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I put it like this, if Ron Paul is putting in huge pork spending like $20 million bridges that nobody uses, like that guy in Alaska did, then he should be called out. If Ron Paul is putting in legit earmarks for things like a VA hospital in his district, then he is doing the right thing.

Nice work.

However, be aware that Ron Paul indiscriminately forwards ALL earmark requests from his constituents to the committee that writes the bills, including those for things like shrimp research. The point to make when people bring up earmarks like those is simply that earmarks do not increase spending, they merely add specifics to what Congress has already decided to spend on certain abstract cause. As Ron Paul argues, earmarks put discretion in the hands of the elected Congress instead of the unelected bureaucrats in the executive branch.

Don't ever let anyone get away with calling earmarks "pork".

slamhead
01-03-2008, 09:24 AM
God that Terri Schiavo fiasco made me sick. Not because of Terri Schiavo, but because congress held an emergency hearing over it

This issue was my turning point towards the neocon agenda.

Cleaner44
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
You should have mentioned that he votes against the earmarks on principle, but includes his district's requests because they deserve to have a say in how their money is spent at the Congressional level, and if the money is not earmarked, it is not like the money is not spent, the Executive branch decides where it is spent, it is merely a tag for the money that will be spent anyway, so earmarking it to your district and then voting against the spending is THE MOST PRINCIPLED WAY TO HANDLE THIS BROKEN SYSTEM RON HAS TO WORK WITH.

This was addressed by the previous caller. He did not want to hear about how the money would be spent anyway and all of that. He thought he had nailed RP because "you can't put in earmarks and then sell yourself as the anti-earmark guy". I had to make the point that earmarks are not nessesarily a bad thing, thus the VA hospital example.

breakranks
01-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Cleaner44, earmarks are merely the return of tax dollars to a given district. Ron has little say in this system, he is simply voting on the specific allocation of these monies. If he were to refuse the earmarks, then his district would simply get less of his money back. If Ron had it his way, the entire earmark system would be dismantled and the monies would stay in private hands.

speciallyblend
01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
blimpin

Nyte
01-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Glorious!

TXcarlosTX
01-03-2008, 09:51 AM
puto slap!!

Cleaner44
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Cleaner44, earmarks are merely the return of tax dollars to a given district. Ron has little say in this system, he is simply voting on the specific allocation of these monies. If he were to refuse the earmarks, then his district would simply get less of his money back. If Ron had it his way, the entire earmark system would be dismantled and the monies would stay in private hands.

I do realize this and I did touch on that in my call. I mentioned that this is money that was taken from his district and they have a right to get their tax money back. I worded it in a way that the guy had to agree with me.

vegetarianrpfan
01-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Make sure to remind them that the earmarks didn't add any more spending-- the spending was already appropriated and if not given out, would go to the President to decide what to do-- and you know we don't want that!

I wouldn't make the argument too much that "Paul's spending is for VA hospitals and other necessities" because someone may be able to come back the next day with examples-- I believe one was a shrimpery?-- that are perhaps not necessary but were requested by his district.

-----------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com