PDA

View Full Version : WTF, NumbersUSA gave Paul "fair" on immigration?

Mastiff
01-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Those jerks just sent me an E-mail ranking the candidates and Paul is now "Fair", which is the same as Huckabee. Last E-mail he was second only to Tancredo. I smell a fish.

Looks like a bunch of cooked up BS:

h ttp://www.betterimmigration.com/candidates/2006/prez08_gop1.html

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Constitutionalism doesn't fit into the traditional left-right templates very well.

fortilite
01-03-2008, 08:32 AM
NumbersUSA are extremists, they want to stop all immigration.

acroso
01-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Moron, learn to READ a table before to post crap like this.

I'm not even taking the time to explain what is wrong with what you posted.

READ

BuddyRey
01-03-2008, 08:39 AM
This is just my opinion, but I think RP is PERFECT on immigration. He recognizes that our current laws should be enforced much more effectively than they currently are, but he's not a compassionless reactionary who would kick hardworking, deserving individuals out of the country. Between the naive Huckabee-McCain camp and the tacitly xenophobic Hunter-Tancredo camp, there is a happy medium. NumbersUSA may call it "fair", but I call it "ideal."

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Moron, learn to READ a table before to post crap like this.

I'm not even taking the time to explain what is wrong with what you posted.

READ

Dude, the table DOES give Ron Paul mediocre ratings. Maybe YOU need to learn to read a table. What's your problem?

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm telling you guys, this is really bad. :( A lot of Republicans look at this rating from Americans for Better Immigration and trust it.

I sent it to the campaign. I sincerely hope they look into this.

acroso
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
They are arranged in order of approval from left to right. We go over this on this site like every 3 hours. People can't read a fucking table.

Then you scroll down and look at "past record" vs, "current plan" and then you factor in that the libertarians split into two different parties in the 80's and Paul went with the Paleo conservatives and that fact that he opposes nation I.D. cards, and these things get factored into the equation.

I tire of explaining a simple graph to people who post before they look at it.

ConstitutionGal
01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Sadly, NumbersUSA is rating the candidates on their campaign promises! Also, they are VERY much behind the National ID card which Dr. Paul opposes. FAIR is also supporting a national ID card and, thus, gives Paul less than stellar ratings. Thing to keep in mind here is that IF the illegal immigration were actually solved, both of these national "non-profit" organizations would be out of business and their upper echelon would be hard pressed to find other six-figures a year positions anywhere else.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 09:43 AM
They are arranged in order of approval from left to right. We go over this on this site like every 3 hours. People can't read a fucking table.

Then you scroll down and look at "past record" vs, "current plan" and then you factor in that the libertarians split into two different parties in the 80's and Paul went with the Paleo conservatives and that fact that he opposes nation I.D. cards, and these things get factored into the equation.

I tire of explaining a simple graph to people who post before they look at it.

What you don't seem to understand is that most people will look at this table and see the word, "OVERALL" and take that as the candidate's rating.

Perception is everything.

vegetarianrpfan
01-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Have some civility on the board-- there is no reason to imply that your fellow Ron Paul supporters are stupid or "can't read a table." We've pretty much almost all been vetted here and it's official, we're smarter than almost anyone out there.:D

---------------------------
Libertarian Girl
http://www.libertariangirl.com

jake
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
someone want to do an issue by issue analysis to see if the ratings are even remotely fair to Ron?