PDA

View Full Version : Bias Media in the UK - YouTube Video

UKLooney
01-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Help me...

I have been watching the Ron Paul movement for many months now and have nothing but respect and enthusiasm for the message he brings to the people of America, and hopefully, the world.

Anyway, I have become increasingly frustrated, as many of you have in the US, with the lack of media coverage. I don't watch much 'normal' TV in the UK, but tune into world news and political coverage amongst other.
It seems that Ron Paul does not exist on this planet if you watch British TV coverage. I have seen ZERO on the any mainstream TV news channel (including BBC, ITV, CH4, CNN worldwide, SKY News, Faux, etc etc). Though I have heard him spoke of twice on Al Jazeera News English (ironic really).

Back on topic. I watched a popular BBC political program tonight, Newsnight. The program subject was 'Democracy in 2008' and amongst others, reported from the US primaries in the US, with follow up to come with the people they interviewed in the following weeks (This program will carry the main BBC news coverage of the US Primaries).

I've put the coverage on YouTube for folk to see.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_3UcacnAag...

THe program also had a studio discussion, with no mention of the good doctor. Poll statistics from pollster.com where used to indicate candidate popularity. Guiliani was listed @ 6% in Iowa (true), Ron Paul is sitting 9% but they never listed him in the 'top six' candidates...???!!!
To me, the people in this article are in need of the Ron Paul message. Can anyone get in touch with these guys (I'm in the UK if you never guessed). It would be great if the people of the UK could witness these people find the candidate they seem to be so desperately seeking.

I think people around the world need to hear about Dr Ron.
The British media need to hear about Ron Paul.
If we speak loud enough they might just see a good story and give a good unbiased view.

You can comment on the program here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/newsnight/2008/01/wednesday_2_january_2008.html...

Thanks for your help in relieving my despair, and a hope for our world.

God bless, and good luck.

DJ RP
01-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Link doesn't work dude!

I'm in the UK but no longer watch Television. IT has become redundant. It does not surprise me at all that this bullshit is going on. It seems the media just parrot each other. They don't report, they simply repeat... repeat... repeat... the same cliches the same bullshit

JohnM
01-03-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm in the UK but no longer watch Television.

Same here. TV news in the UK is little better than in the US - a little information mixed with a lot of entertainment and propaganda.

TheBaz
01-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I already emailed them about their data presented in the chart at the bottom:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7168259.stm
Still no reply, I'm going to email again demanding a response. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

UKLooney
01-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Sorry about that, I've fixed the links now...

chiplitfam
01-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Don't fret. The whole world will be hearing about Dr. Paul soon. He can't be stopped now!

UKLooney
01-03-2008, 08:30 AM
To me, the people in this article are in need of the Ron Paul message. Can anyone get in touch with these guys

Betsy Smith in looking for an honest and moral person, who wants to look after the interests of their counrty, and not themselves.

Cathy Buchanan is put off by negative campaigning, and think the politicains are all saying the same thing.

UKLooney
01-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Don't fret. The whole world will be hearing about Dr. Paul soon. He can't be stopped now!
I have high hopes in Iowa too. What is the general feeling? 3rd? 2nd? 1st??

margomaps
01-03-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm not that surprised that Dr. Paul isn't covered much internationally. He's given the shaft here in the US, and abroad it just doesn't seem that likely that he would be covered when he's garnering well under 10% of the vote in polls. I wouldn't expect to see coverage in the US of a < 10% candidate in French elections, for example.

Ron has a good shot at 3rd place in Iowa. Placing at least 4th seems very likely now.

FYI, it's "biased" media, not "bias" media. Just a pet peeve of mine. Apologies for being so pedantic. :)

TheBaz
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Thank you for your email. We will be watching Ron Paul's poll numbers
closely and if there's any sign that he is becoming a leading candidate
we will act accordingly. In the meantime, we are concentrating our
resources on the leading candidates.

Regards
BBC News Website
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

-----Original Message-----
From: derryophonics@hotmail.com [mailto:derryophonics@hotmail.com]
Sent: 03 January 2008 13:30