PDA

View Full Version : Quickly, Letterman and Maher, what we can do!!!

TheBaz
01-03-2008, 05:37 AM
I have an idea.
Please forgive my ignorance if this has already been covered. If you find yourself refreshing the pages and a little bored right now read on. If you're involved in either Iowa or NH stuff (or anything else productive) get back to work!
Considering the recent Fox exclusion from their New Hampshire debate and the subsequent positive-spinning analyses I have read on here, I think a considerable opportunity may have presented itself if we move on it right now. From what I have seen on youtube, Ron Paul is Bill Maher's "new hero". Well, guess who's Letterman's guest on the Late Show? Although Maher may bring up RP by on his own, or during any caucus/primary discussion, I think that we should direct an effort to:
1) Email Maher and thank him for his previous coverage of RP and in the email;
2) Point out to Maher that Fox News has excluded RP from the NH primary debates in defiance of recommendations by the NHGOP in an effort to airbrush him out of the national spotlight. Despite the fact 'national polls' often do not take into account the younger, higher-technology driven supporters which do not have hard-wired phones who happen to be a significant portion of the electorate, Fox is using this as a ham-handed segway with which we're expected to swallow the 'single digit' polling status of Ron Paul. If Ron Paul gets higher in Iowa (the first 'official' electorate data for the national elections) that ANY of the NH debate candidates, Fox should be pressurized to include RP as a viable candidate by every angle on the basis of fair and proportional representation in the media involved with official party debates. We can ask Bill Maher to publicize this and offer his own analysis on air if he gets the opportunity. RP supporters nationwide will be eternally grateful. Although this may not get RP in the debate, the primary goal here is to get publicity for RP and tell the nation that Fox (and indeed the msm) is actively manipulating the GOP race. It can be three birds with one stone if it pans out right.

Alternatively, i think we could also email David Letterman and ask him to bring this up during the interview citing Bill Maher's previous (albeit unofficial) endorsement of RP (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtqQZ_M2bE). Now, I am not privy to either Bill Maher's or David Letterman's email addresses. If someone on here has them (or a way of reaching either of them via their studio bosses, or other contact details)or of a better idea of how to proceed, please reply ASAP. This is an extremely time-sensitive initiative here. So far, (using wikipedia) I have found that The Late Show:

"In most American markets the show airs at 11:35 pm Eastern/Pacific time, but is recorded Mondays at 4:30 PM and 7:00 PM, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5:30 PM, and Thursdays at 4:30 PM. The second Monday episode usually airs on Friday of that week (the show had previously recorded the Friday episodes on Thursdays)."

That means, according to this information, we have until 4:30 before the recording begins, which means the latest that day either of them will likely check their emails will be probably 3pm (if they check at all). I think what we need here is the famous "overwhelming" email/phone Ron Paul supporter approach that pundits often refer to. If contacting CBS, make sure to be very polite, congratulate them on getting Dave back on there air, say you intend to watch tonight's broadcast with Bill Maher (and you're interested in the RP angle).
For contacting, so far, my (limited) googling has found:

We can contact HBO offices (Real Time with Bill Maher) by leaving comments @
http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=Real%20Time%20with%20Bill%20Maher&questiontype=realtimewithbillmaher

A few different sets for getting in touch with Dave and staff, I'm not sure which are old/new, but
cbsmailbag@aol.com is for general stuff
lswdl@aol.com (for contacting dave, may not be using this anymore)
Get cracking!
audsvcs@cbs.com; earlyshow@cbs.com; 48hours@cbs.com; webmail@cbs.com; tjlee@cbs.com; couricandco@cbs.com; horserace@cbs.com; newspath@cbs.com; mnr@cbs.com; lfd@cbs.com; uttm@cbs.com; cwbrennan@cbs.com; news@cbs-29.com; 60m@cbsnews.com; evening@cbsnews.com; weekend@cbsnews.com; ftn@cbsnews.com; sundays@cbsnews.com; 60ii@cbsnews.com; 48hours@cbsnews.com; cc5@cbsnews.com; investigates@cbsnews.com; scams@cbsnews.com; sat@cbsnews.com; weekends@cbsnews.com; thismorning@cbsnews.com; dij@cbsnews.com; realitycheck@cbsnews.com; pjh@cbsnews.com; pls@cbsnews.com; cas@cbsnews.com; mrw@cbsnews.com; againstthegrain@cbsnews.com; bpc@cbsnews.com; efm@cbsnews.com; mkx@cbsnews.com; pma@cbsnews.com; rbc@cbsnews.com; grain@cbsnews.com;
I hope it's not too late.
Baz.

TheBaz
01-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Bump,
Come on people, think about it!!!!!!!
Get Maher to talk to Letterman about RP, they both like him.

TheBaz
01-03-2008, 06:55 AM
This is what I sent:

Congratulations on settling the strike!!!
Bill Maher calls Ron Paul his hero, what does he think of the Fox News exclusion from the NH primary debate.
Also, it's interesting that David 'endorsed' Ron Paul back in 1988!

For Maher's endorsement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTtqQZ_M2bE

For Letterman's endorsement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5BZzOFtt4

Great talking point!
Thanks, Barry.