PDA

View Full Version : Hillary going to nursing homes offering to bus everyone for free. LOL

JohnnyWrath
01-03-2008, 03:16 AM
A Democrat, Long could accept a ride from the Hillary Rodham Clinton campaign, which has offered to bus everyone in Long's Des Moines nursing home for free.

She is going to nursing homes and offering free rides to anyone ....freakin' sad really.

But she worries that she would be taking advantage because she has no intention of voting for Clinton.

LOL

However, Clinton is counting on seniors, who may still balk at the cold even if they are shuttled door-to-door.

The zealous youth who flock to Barack Obama or GOP longshot Ron Paul will likely brave any temperature

Troyhand
01-03-2008, 03:17 AM
She is going to nursing homes and offering free rides to anyone who wants to leave for a bit and vote for her....freakin' sad really.

source please

JohnnyWrath
01-03-2008, 03:46 AM
source please

ooops, had it there, but edited in the last line and accidentally erased it...it was mentioned here in this article..

SOURCE (http://www.heraldextra.com/component/option,com_contentwire/task,view/id,2765/)

parocks
01-03-2008, 04:48 AM
It's quite likely that Hillary is going to have a good GOTV effort. I'm making the assumption that a lot of the same people from 92 and 96 are involved. (Yeah, Whouley is, so...)

I'm not sure why driving people to the polls is so funny.

It's pretty normal to ID your voters and do whatever you can to get them to the polls.

I read elsewhere that they have 5,000 volunteers ready to drive people to the polls if needed. That's typically how it's done.

ZzzImAsleep
01-03-2008, 04:50 AM
"The zealous youth who flock to Ron Paul will likely brave any temperature"

Damn straight we will.

austin356
01-03-2008, 04:56 AM
source please

no real need to source common fact. I would have bet you my car she was doing this.

Hell she is providing free babysitting.......... no wait 2 kinds of babysitting, both drop off center care near each precinct and COME TO YOUR HOME AND BABYSIT YOUR KIDS CARE.

-Reported on both MSNBC and CNN on Jan. 2nd.

austin356
01-03-2008, 04:58 AM
It's quite likely that Hillary is going to have a good GOTV effort.

The best in political history. At least on the nominal level; There are some past candidacies that were better organized in relation to their competition.

This makes it interesting:

Hillary: People less likely to be motivated to support but she has the best organization and GOTV effort.
Obama: Supporters more likely to brave the cold and vote, but voters are less likely to show cause they are younger.
Edwards: Supporters believe the "message" more than any other candidate and are seasoned caucusers, but has subpar organization compared to Clinton and Obama.

This makes for an incredibly interesting race.

rfbz
01-03-2008, 05:00 AM
we should rent a bus and put a huckabee sign on it and wait outside a nursing home. After it fills up, just drive them around town for a few hours and then take them back.

not really.

austin356
01-03-2008, 05:02 AM
we should rent a bus and put a huckabee sign on it and wait outside a nursing home. After it fills up, just drive them around town for a few hours and then take them back.

not really.

probably wont be the first time this has been done and wont be the last!!

In this deathmatch between Republic vs. Empire........... fuckin' go for it. Just dont associate with Dr. Paul.

parocks
01-03-2008, 05:29 AM
probably wont be the first time this has been done and wont be the last!!

In this deathmatch between Republic vs. Empire........... fuckin' go for it. Just dont associate with Dr. Paul.

Perhaps there are reasons why HQ doesn't want close ties with grassroots.

There are ways that supporters of Ron Paul can support Ron Paul without holding Ron Paul signs, handing out Ron Paul lit, calling people and telling them about Ron Paul, complaining to TV stations about their treatment of Ron Paul, etc etc etc.

When I see all these grassroots efforts I think "why aren't these things coordinated with the official campaign?" These things are typically coordinated by the campaign.

Ron Paul's has an unmatched grassroots. In size, its intelligence, speed to action, ability to self-coordinate.

Our top effort so far - 6 million - was Tea Party.
Where Patriots Wore Disguises And Fucked Shit Up.

Adamsa
01-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Grassroots is probably up to some shifty stuff without knowledge from the campaign. :D

Paulbot_9876
01-03-2008, 05:51 AM
20 elderly people slipped and fell breaking their hips and pelvises after stepping off funded bus rides by hillarys campaign...... next on msnbc....... mwaahaahaaaa

parocks
01-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Grassroots is probably up to some shifty stuff without knowledge from the campaign. :D

Make us proud.

What was that thing that I just heard of recently here because I'm out of it. Oh Leeeroooooy Jenkins. But, instead of that. Miiiiiiiiiiichaeeeeeeeeeeeeel Whouley.
At an Obama (or Edwards) event. If there's ever a need to change the subject.

But no harm to anyone, and no illegality.

Transparent stickers. F and S.

parocks
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
20 elderly people slipped and fell breaking their hips and pelvises after stepping off funded bus rides by hillarys campaign...... next on msnbc....... mwaahaahaaaa

100% against old people getting hurt.

slamhead
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
These people have no shame.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM

not really.

LOL

voytechs
01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Offer free all-you-can-eat buffets coupons and drop them in all the senior homes. One catch, offer good from 5pm to 8pm on January 3rd. :D

voytechs
01-03-2008, 09:11 AM

Hey some of us on this forum are "Senior Members".

RonRules
01-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Let's make a video of 50 Ron Paul supporters in a nursing home. All together in their wheelchairs and walkers shouting in unison: "Ron Paul !, Ron Paul !, Ron Paul !", "What do we want: Freedom !", "When do we want it: Right now !"

Hillary will immediately see what it's like to be incontinent!

StateofTrance
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Hillary going to nurse people? boobs?

Spirit of '76
01-03-2008, 10:28 AM
She is going to nursing homes and offering free rides to anyone ....freakin' sad really.

LOL

Don't laugh. You can be sure Mitt Romney is doing this too.

Santana28
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM
http://a447.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/73/l_65fb09da9631e331c4a103a6140a9d1e.jpg

haha...i cant post this picture enough!

and just for the record... i have yet to meet a senior citizen who has a positive opinion of hillary. usually the first thing i hear is "she's such a b*tch!" (sorry mods, just repeating what i'm told). Even my Bill Clinton-worshipping grandmother can be counted among the ranks of registered Republicans now ;)

seapilot
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Hope it backfires on her, which accordingly at least 50% think she is a hack and only going to be social.

Wouldnt put it past Hillary to give fake IDs to her PAID volunteers for the names of lasts months obituaries.

asgardshill
01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I guess we've made progress as a political society. Back in the day, candidates used to promise free beer and spirits to voters, and as recently as 2000 Democrat operatives in Wisconsin were offering cigarettes to homeless guys to go vote. Hitlery's getting off cheap offering a mere bus ride.

Santana28
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Hope it backfires on her, which accordingly at least 50% think she is a hack and only going to be social.

Wouldnt put it past Hillary to give fake IDs to her PAID volunteers for the names of lasts months obituaries.

i happen to know one of her PAID volunteers working in Des Moines until after the caucus.... she was a good friend of mine in high school. PolySci major who has done nothing but work on various political campaigns for hire. I haven't talked to her much, but she knows who I support ;) hehe

asgardshill
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
i happen to know one of her PAID volunteers working in Des Moines until after the caucus.... she was a good friend of mine in high school. PolySci major who has done nothing but work on various political campaigns for hire. I haven't talked to her much, but she knows who I support ;) hehe

That's exactly why I make my business to only date women whose political leanings are 180 degrees away from my own. Lots of angry love and makeup sex ... ;)

Bradley in DC
01-03-2008, 12:13 PM
no real need to source common fact. I would have bet you my car she was doing this.

Hell she is providing free babysitting.......... no wait 2 kinds of babysitting, both drop off center care near each precinct and COME TO YOUR HOME AND BABYSIT YOUR KIDS CARE.

Why aren't we?!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-03-2008, 12:55 PM

not really.

Uhhh, look, dude. If you're going to pick up a bunch of old Hillary supporters from a nursing home, they deserve to go to a caucus.

Even if you make it yourself in some obscure place that nobody's ever heard of. Ya know, a friend's basement in the country or something. :eek:

Primbs
01-03-2008, 01:04 PM
The nursing homes have been easy places to get hundreds of votes for democrats fro many years. Many barely know who they are voting for.

parocks
01-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Why aren't we?!

Specifically, perhaps the random people the Ron Paul campaign might pick up in a nursing home might not go Ron Paul's way.

Hillary's people probably know that it's worthwhile to do what they're doing.
We don't know that.

In general, perhaps a lack of organization, or perhaps we've got everything under control. Perhaps every Ron Paul voter has been identified and has their rides lined up. We've got a surplus of people from out of state waiting for phone calls in case an Iowa voter needs a ride to the polls, um, maybe.

The Field people from Clinton 92 are good. That means Whouley who is working for Hillary. (Matty O'Neil too) .

asgardshill
01-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Hillary should stick to the Forest Lawn vote. They don't ask for much money, they vote reliably, you don't have to bus 'em back and forth, and you don't have to serve stewed prunes at the post-caucus afterparty.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Lol, pathetic.

Santana28
01-03-2008, 02:19 PM
i just hope they remember to return the old folks to where they found them... dont need anyone getting lost in the snow, you know...