PDA

View Full Version : NH poll: RP at 1%

Bradley in DC
07-15-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Date=20070715&Category=REPOSITORY&ArtNo=707150380&SectionCat=&Template=printart

In the Republican primary, 27 percent back Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, while 20 percent pick former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani and 16 percent choose Arizona Sen. John McCain. Former Tennessee senator Fred Thompson, who hasn't announced yet, debuts at 15 percent, his numbers appearing to take directly from McCain, a close friend. . .
For now, the Republican race appears to be in a state of flux, said Charlie Arlinghaus, a former executive director of the state Republican Party, who said the Democratic race seems a lot easier to call. . .
Ali, the pollster, said Romney appears to lack support outside the Republican base.

"I think outside the constituency of Republican Primary voters, there's just no appeal for Romney," Ali said. "It's a combination of: They know him and they don't like him."

Romney spokesman Craig Stevens said that the former Massachusetts governor doesn't walk into the race with broad name recognition, unlike Giuliani or McCain, and that he hasn't had much chance to make his case to groups beyond Republican primary voters. "The more people hear Mitt Romney the more people like Mitt Romney," he said. . . .
On the Republican side, with Fred Thompson rumored to be on the brink of announcing his candidacy, the former Tennessee senator and actor debuts at fourth place and appears to draw support directly from McCain. Without Thompson in the race, McCain comes in second, attracting 23 percent.

With Thompson in, that drops to 16, with Thompson at 15 a close fourth.

Thompson puts across "that sort of straight-shooter, straight talker" image that is McCain's trademark, Lesperance said. (In fact, back in 2000, Thompson rode with McCain on his "Straight Talk Express.") "Thompson's candidacy could be devastating for John McCain," Lesperance said. . .

On the Republican side, several candidates get 1 percent each: Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee and former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson.

Of course, there's about six months to go before the primary and 16 months before the 2008 general election. Smith, the UNH pollster, offered a word of warning against reading too much into polls.

"Remember: In early January of 2004, Howard Dean was leading," he said.

Johnnybags
07-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Most have no clue yet who they are voting for, Ron fits NH like a glove so when they find out about him they will vote for him. We need 50k votes out of the state to pull off a major upset or at least be near the top. I know there are 50k Live Free or Die'ers in NH. Heck if we can turn the vote out you could find that many at Laconia bike week.

Sematary
07-15-2007, 07:48 AM
The question is - who are they polling?

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Bradley, is Dr. Paul planning on campaigning anytime soon in New Hampshire?

WannaBfree
07-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Polling Company Owner Sentenced To Prison In Fraud Case

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/t...c_tab01_layout

Ron Paul and Opinion Polling

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/pitkaniemi1.html

STA654
07-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I guess Ron Paul's support has dropped by 67% in NH then, going by the polls...

WannaBfree
07-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Ron Paul More Popular Google Seach Term Than Paris Hilton, iPhone

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv0oCVeoGOM

Hamburglar
07-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Polls aren't worth anything. They can be manipulated to show anything you want, all you need is to do a large number of small sample polls. Not to even meantion the various nuances that would artificially deflate his number.

jd603
07-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't trust a lot of these polls, I'm starting to wonder if these guys are buying poll results. A lot of them have spent lots of money and I have not seen many TV ads at all. It's a fact that they buy positive columns in newspapers and magazines, I haven't heard anything official on politicians buying poll results yet but I wonder sometimes.

Romney isn't well liked in Mass. and he's not well liked in NH. I live in NH and that is my experience. So I wonder who exactly they are polling.

aknappjr
07-15-2007, 09:33 AM
These polls are about name recognition. It takes no effort to answer 3 minutes worth of questions on the phone.

RP supporters will ALL show up to the caucus and vote.

Read this article for more info:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/pitkaniemi1.html

WannaBfree
07-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Bradley continues to post threads with polls showing low percentiles for RP. He says it's important to know how far behind we are and thinks this encourages us to work harder. I find it discouraging personally and don't think it is a good for visitors to this forum to see, considering the possibility of the data being inaccurate. And considering that many won't vote for RP because "he can't win". Bradley seems to be doing the work of the biased mainstream media.

Bradley, we already know we are low in the polls (for whatever that's worth). I'd prefer you posting a poll if there is some change, rather than repeatedly telling us on a daily basis what we already know. My 2 cents.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Instead of looking at them as being discouraging, we could also view them as a kick in the butt to get out there and start handing out campaign literature, door-to-door, so that these poll numbers would go up. We also could sign up with Zogby, so that we are included in future polls.

The reality is that most people still have not heard of Dr. Paul. These polls are a reflection of that. We have the power in our legs to change that, if we chose to.

maiki
07-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Romney isn't well liked in Mass. and he's not well liked in NH. I live in NH and that is my experience. So I wonder who exactly they are polling.

I agree. Most people in MA sort of liked Romney when he was Gov. But after seeing his total flip-flop in opinions once running for President, nobody trusts him. I can see out--of-staters not being familiar with his old positions, but nobody in NE should hae any illusions about him.

WannaBfree
07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Instead of looking at them as being discouraging, we could also view them as a kick in the butt to get out there and start handing out campaign literature, door-to-door, so that these poll numbers would go up. We also could sign up with Zogby, so that we are included in future polls.

The reality is that most people still have not heard of Dr. Paul. These polls are a reflection of that. We have the power in our legs to change that, if we chose to.

We already know this. Do we need to be told this every single day? We already know he is low in the polls. Do you think there might be any negative effect from posting threads on these BS polls on a daily basis?