PDA

View Full Version : Send The Blimp To Michigan!!

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Fly it all over this HUGELY important state until the primary on the 15th.

This could make up for all the mammoth missteps the official campaign has been involved with in this key early primary state.

Cindy
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
How is the weather there better then in NH this time of year?

The Blimp needs less then 7 knots of wind for take off.

It's why they are rarely used for anything.......they need near perfect weather conditions to fly.

libertythor
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM
The bowl games are almost over. If it can't make it to New Hampshire, it should swing through SC and then zig zag the lower midwest, to Texas, and towards Nevada.

If its not making it to New Hampshire, the blimp's time on the east coast has been long enough.

This is not an ant-blimp post. People from all over donated to it, and we want more publicity generated from this in other markets.

xexkxex
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Send The Blimp To Michigan!!

I will let the meteorologists, pilots, crew, publicity strategists, and safety supervisors make those decisions. ;)

Frankly...the weather will not permit it this time of year.

EDIT: By the way....wrong forum...

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Michigan!!! That is where we can pull an amazing upset, and the supporters up there desperately need help!!!

wisconsinite
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
???? Didn't Michigan just have a record snowstorm????

Cindy
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
I agree something should be done.

The official campaign has done squat in Flroida also and the blimp has been a big help. Our primary is in 27 more days and nothing from HQ nor a campaign visit from Paul yet.

The Blimp should get around to as many states as the weather is ideal, for the most air time in them.

I don't think the northern states have the right weather for it to fly much if at all.

What are some other ideas for Michigan to help where HQ isn't?

What about those mini helium blimps like the one that made the channel 5 news in San Diego?

libertythor
01-03-2008, 12:44 AM
It can at the very least make a city hopping tour towards St. Louis and then head down towards Texas.

nimo
01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
The blimp would'nt last 2 minutes in MI. The winds coming of the Great Lakes up there are nasty.

a2planet2
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
"All of the mammoth missteps" ?

Apart from hiring Paul Garfield, which they already fixed, the campaign in Michigan has been going great. Don't get me wrong--extra support from surrounding areas leading up to our primary would be great, and we will return the favor afterward--but I'm quite proud of what the Michigan campaign has achieved, thanks.

mdevour
01-03-2008, 01:33 AM
As long as we're talking about aviation related promotional tools, I've seen these guys once in my are of Southeastern Michigan, and it's a damned effective presentation!

A couple of examples:

http://www.skytypers.com
http://www.skytyping.com

You can draw nearly the eyeballs of a blimp, I suspect, and I assume it's less cash intensive and more weather-proof. Any clear-sky day with light to moderate winds ought to do.

For Liberty!

Mike D.