PDA

View Full Version : A 5/8th socket

rpf2008
07-15-2007, 05:04 AM
Have you every tried a home repair project with only a 5/8th's socket ? There's nothing wrong with a 5/th's socket, it's as good of a tool as any. But have you ever really tried to complete a complex job with just a 5/th's socket ? Those of you who are into this type of thing are probably thinking, "this guys drinking too much paint or watching too much tv"

Regardless your profession we all know that every complex job requires many tools. Together these tools successfully complete even the biggest projects (space shuttles anyone?). But alone or in limited numbers tools can be near useless. A computer without the internet isn't worth much, a 5/th's socket without the other sockets can't make much progress, a needle without a medication is useless.

So to is the nature of our government. Too much of one type of thinking and too little of another is bad business. It doesn't even matter which type of thinking dominates : too much is a bad thing ! Our country is best served by a broad mix of ideas to balance everything out. Too many conservatives is a bad thing, too many liberals is a bad thing, too many XYZ is a bad thing. This truth can not be escaped.

America is not made up of only two political ideologies so to have mainly two represented in our government is a bad thing and a fraud against the people.

For America to survive we absolutely must maintain a healthy and natural balance of political thought and discourse. By `natural` I mean `not altered`. Every vote counts every time. No more rigged elections. When some of the media pretends everyone is a pro-war republican OR a anti-war democrat this is an altered reality of that which actually exist. When some of the anti-government types pretends all government and those in it are evil this is an altered reality of that which actually exist. You see where this is going. I'm not talking about `accidental bias` either. I'm talking about intentional bias, outright lies designed to control reality.

When the common man says `liberals are idiots` it's most likely just a vent of frustration. More importantly this vent doesn't reach many people. But when the mass media says `liberals are anti-war USA hating idiots` it's not just an innocent vent of frustration and it reaches millions upon millions of people. Some of this stuff can even be considered propaganda.

I like Ron Paul. But I don't think the government should be made up of 100% Ron Politicians. I think neo-cons got it all wrong, but I'd still like to see some in office. When any ideology becomes un-naturally repressed (not repressed on its merits, but `just cause`) it becomes marginalized and radicalized - eventually it will gain power in an amazing way.

Ideally the government is made up of equal parts representative of the people they serve. This will never be the case so we can only hope for something `close to it`.

Government like nature best serves when made up of a diverse range of competing forces.

ecliptic
07-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Some of this stuff can even be considered propaganda.

All corporate media is state-sponsored propaganda.

... look at who owns the media, and the cross-ownership with defense-related industries. American corporate media IS propaganda. It's time to put down Old Media. It's time for a total corporate media boycott.

Spread the word...

jonahtrainer
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM
All corporate media is state-sponsored propaganda.

... look at who owns the media, and the cross-ownership with defense-related industries. American corporate media IS propaganda. It's time to put down Old Media. It's time for a total corporate media boycott.

Spread the word...

I don't pay attention to the mainstream media.

Here is The Real News (http://www.therealnews.com/web/index.php)

Thomas_Paine
07-18-2007, 03:29 AM
Have you every tried a home repair project with only a 5/8th's socket ? There's nothing wrong with a 5/th's socket, it's as good of a tool as any. But have you ever really tried to complete a complex job with just a 5/th's socket ? Those of you who are into this type of thing are probably thinking, "this guys drinking too much paint or watching too much tv"

Regardless your profession we all know that every complex job requires many tools. Together these tools successfully complete even the biggest projects (space shuttles anyone?). But alone or in limited numbers tools can be near useless. A computer without the internet isn't worth much, a 5/th's socket without the other sockets can't make much progress, a needle without a medication is useless.

So to is the nature of our government. Too much of one type of thinking and too little of another is bad business. It doesn't even matter which type of thinking dominates : too much is a bad thing ! Our country is best served by a broad mix of ideas to balance everything out. Too many conservatives is a bad thing, too many liberals is a bad thing, too many XYZ is a bad thing. This truth can not be escaped.

America is not made up of only two political ideologies so to have mainly two represented in our government is a bad thing and a fraud against the people.

For America to survive we absolutely must maintain a healthy and natural balance of political thought and discourse. By `natural` I mean `not altered`. Every vote counts every time. No more rigged elections. When some of the media pretends everyone is a pro-war republican OR a anti-war democrat this is an altered reality of that which actually exist. When some of the anti-government types pretends all government and those in it are evil this is an altered reality of that which actually exist. You see where this is going. I'm not talking about `accidental bias` either. I'm talking about intentional bias, outright lies designed to control reality.

When the common man says `liberals are idiots` it's most likely just a vent of frustration. More importantly this vent doesn't reach many people. But when the mass media says `liberals are anti-war USA hating idiots` it's not just an innocent vent of frustration and it reaches millions upon millions of people. Some of this stuff can even be considered propaganda.

I like Ron Paul. But I don't think the government should be made up of 100% Ron Politicians. I think neo-cons got it all wrong, but I'd still like to see some in office. When any ideology becomes un-naturally repressed (not repressed on its merits, but `just cause`) it becomes marginalized and radicalized - eventually it will gain power in an amazing way.

Ideally the government is made up of equal parts representative of the people they serve. This will never be the case so we can only hope for something `close to it`.

Government like nature best serves when made up of a diverse range of competing forces.

Your entire theory of government is totally lacking of any proof or substance, you should read more Bastiat, Spooner, Locke and Jefferson.