PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo News: McCain Leads Nationally, wait, what!??

adwads
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
McCain now leads nationally??? WTF?? This race is EXTREMELY volatile!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080103/pl_afp/usvote2008mccain

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Republican Senator John McCain has moved into the national lead for his party's nomination for the presidency, according to a poll released Wednesday on the eve of the first voting.

The Pew Research Center's nationwide survey gave McCain 22 percent support among Republican voters, two percent ahead of former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani, who had led the Republican field by a wide margin for most of 2007.

Surging into a close third was ex-Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, who is leading polls to win the Republican caucuses in Iowa on Thursday, the first state to vote on candidates for the November 2008 presidential election.

In March Giuliani topped the broad Republican field nationally with 35 percent support in the Pew poll, against 24 percent for Arizona Senator McCain and only two percent for Huckabee.

And in September McCain, considered a moderate Republican was being counted out of the race when his support dropped to 16 percent and Giuliani still held 33 percent.

However, the three frontrunners still fall into the five-percent margin of error in the poll of 471 Republican voters around the country.

And polls ahead of the individual state caucuses and primaries show sharply different readings from national polls.

Among Democratic candidates nationally, Senator Hillary Clinton remains the frontrunner, Pew said, with 46 percent support, compared to Senator Barack Obama's 26 percent backing and 14 percent for ex-senator John Edwards.

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

By the way, this guy doesn't only want to stay in Iraq, he wants to add way more troops.

EvilEngineer
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

By the way, this guy doesn't only want to stay in Iraq, he wants to add way more troops.

not to mention amnesty for illegals. At least he has the torture issue correct. But seriously are the pollsters trying to shoot them selves in the foot?

RobS
LMAO, media is trying to prop him back up now.

I believe O'reilly even mentioned it earlier today, the media propping him back up that is.

adwads
Just goes to show that polls are bullsh*t

Energy
All this based on silly polls.

Damn polls.

"The 'scientific' polls are the final illusion standing between the American people and the new reality." -Zydeco at RPFs.com

Spread now: http://PollsPolls.com

evadmurd
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
LMAO, media is trying to prop him back up now.

I believe O'reilly even mentioned it earlier today, the media propping him back up that is.

So did Tucker and Buchanan

dspectre
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Out of the 500 ridiculous things that the polls have shown, if this doesn't show you they are not worth anything, well I don't know what to tell you.

So for Iowa, we don't know what will happen, but I think we have good reason to be cautiously optimistic.

FreedomLover
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, the absense of an establishment candidate has led to a very splintered race between candidates who basically represent all big factions of the republican party, it's a death struggle between which one carries more weight.

McCain was the closest you could get to an "heir" for the GOP nomination, but the amnesty debacle and McCain-feingold is still a thorn in many republicans' sides. It looks like after a while people just got tired of what was presented and went back toward mccain, after bouncing back from the pits during the middle of the year..

But it's still extremely close, any swing of 2 percentage points could give you a new leader every week.

Richandler
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
A poll of 471 Republicans. That's less than are on this forum at any given time.

Nyte
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
L-O-L

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fuck you Frank

runderwo
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

And attack Iran and Sudan, IIRC

adwads
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, the absense of an establishment candidate has led to a very splintered race between candidates who basically represent all big factions of the republican party, it's a death struggle between which one carries more weight.

McCain was the closest you could get to an "heir" for the GOP nomination, but the amnesty debacle and McCain-feingold is still a thorn in many republicans' sides. It looks like after a while people just got tired of what was presented and went back toward mccain, after bouncing back from the pits during the middle of the year..

But it's still extremely close, any swing of 2 percentage points could give you a new leader every week.

It seems like the people just seem to "forget" about the amnesty, etc. All of a sudden McCain is cool again. This is just stupid. If you don't know who you are supporting this late in the game, it means that you don't like any of them, and you should finally take the plunge and support Ron Paul!!

SteveMartin
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
That's why we need to get the truth out about McCain!!! The MSM is pushing him like crazy right now AND HE IS THE MOST ARDENT, DIEHARD, WARMONGERING of the neocons, and he is a PHONY AND DIRTY AS SIN.

Please Digg: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

RevolutionSD
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
I called the McCain "surge" weeks ago.
I knew the establishment would make a last minute push for him at the end.

This attempt is LAUGHABLE. The establishment is shaking in their BOOTS!

synthetic
I didn't expect the McCain hype to start until after Iowa.

pinkmandy
The poll, conducted Dec. 19-30 among 471 Republican and Republican-leaning registered voters nationwide

How can anyone give credit to a NATIONWIDE poll that only polls 471 people? I mean, really?

adwads
I called the McCain "surge" weeks ago.
I knew the establishment would make a last minute push for him at the end.

This attempt is LAUGHABLE. The establishment is shaking in their BOOTS!

Watch, maybe Duncan Hunter will be next...I'm not joking

Cleaner44
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
All I can say is FUCK YOU FRANK.

http://www.pollster.com/USTopzReps.png

deedles
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
This is a dog and pony show for sure. The MSM talks up McCain "McCains leading!" Last week it was Hickabee, "Hickabee's leading", Giuliani, Romney... they've all had their turn and it's all been msm driven, IMO.

The same thing is going on over with the Hillary and Obama show. Week after week, one then the other then the one before, oops... Edwards a little, nope 400 haircuts, now Hillary...

Nauseating. And whatever happened to the loon with the gun in Hillary's campaign place? Of course it did take some heat off her, didn't it? Into the memory hole....

techxplosion
01-02-2008, 11:47 PM
fuck u frank!!!

SteveMartin
01-02-2008, 11:48 PM
McCain is a PHONY!!!!

Look at this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71431

And Digg this: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

Flirple
01-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Watch out for McCain when Fred Thompson drops out after Iowa and endorses McCain. At least he doesn't have unlimited funds like Romney does.

Xonox
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
They think they can take independent votes away fron Ron Paul if they push for McCain.

fuzzybekool
01-02-2008, 11:50 PM
They polled 471 registered Republicans from around the country ?

Oh please. That poll is not even fit to wipe your ass with.

Dismiss it as garbage.

jd603
01-02-2008, 11:51 PM
The media has been trying to jump start McCain forever now, it NEVER works, he does not have much support... the media is SEVERELY over-estimating their power to control elections. The only thing they have left to wield is the poll numbers, which are ALSO bogus and consistently prove to be in-accurate. :)

jd603
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Correct, and take religious votes with Huckabee.

They think they can take independent votes away fron Ron Paul if they push for McCain.

SteveMartin
01-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Up to 185 Diggs!: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

kill the banks
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
john who ?

kill the banks

SteveMartin
01-02-2008, 11:59 PM
David Hackworth, a retired Army colonel with five years' distinguished service in Vietnam who is a frequent commentator on military affairs on network television, is a longtime critic of McCain. He tells Insight that McCain's actions during the Senate Select Committee hearings were a "flash point" with a lot of veterans. "McCain should turn off his handlers," says Hackworth, "because he's presenting himself in a very poor light. I have read hundreds of letters and e-mails from members of the military and there's no question that there is a keen divide when it comes to McCain. There are many who challenge his conduct when he was a POW."

In 1991, explains Hackworth, "I interviewed Col. Bui Tin in Hanoi, who was presented to me as their authority on POW/MIA issues. In the course of the interview Tin told me that during the war he was involved in the imprisonment of American POWs. When I questioned him further he said that John McCain was a `special prisoner.' Tin later told other POWs that McCain never was tortured. So when McCain embraced Tin during the hearings it seemed to some Vietnam vets to confirm the reports they had heard, and it really angered a lot of people. It was no secret that McCain had admitted to giving information to the enemy. In fact, McCain was given the Silver Star for `conspicuous gallantry' for the time period of 27 Oct. to 8 Dec. 1967 -- one day after he was shot down and admits to having given information to the enemy. McCain is a survivor, not a hero, and I don't think anyone in the history of our nation has been awarded such high military awards for dealing with the enemy."

Charles Bates, director of Veterans for Government Accountability, a government watchdog group, tells Insight that "during a three-day seminar on the Vietnam War at the Center for Vietnam War Studies at Texas Tech University, I and another POW activist, Joe Jordan, spoke to Bui Tin about McCain's treatment in Hanoi. Tin said, `No, McCain was never tortured. He was too important. We called him the prince. He received special treatment.'"

Gtex
01-02-2008, 11:59 PM
F$ck You Frank!

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Digg it!: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

louisiana4liberty
01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
A poll of 471 Republicans. That's less than are on this forum at any given time.

That sample size is nothing compared to the population. They call that a realistic poll?:mad:

ThinkAwake
01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
This message belongs in the "Bad news reporting on Ron Paul"

It's funny that a person like McCaine, who hasn't raised nearly as much money as Ron Paul.. nor does he have nearly as many meetup groups.

John McCaine would most likely be sitting on somewhere under 5 mil, whereas Ron Paul would most likely be sitting on at least twice the amount as he has raised over twenty million this year.

Ron Paul has:
89,568 Meetup Group Members
1,438 Groups
1,086 cities
31 Countries
With 23,075 events so far.
Link to meetup map:http://ronpaul.meetup.com/about/

McCaine's meetup group numbers are at:
97 Members
7 Groups
7 Cities
1 Country
with a whopping.... TEN EVENTS!?!?!?
Meetup Map:http://johnmccain.meetup.com/about/

Something is a bit fishy... *thread moved*

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:08 AM
More than A BIT!!! He is being artificially boosted by the MSM because that desperately want their neocon paymasters to stay happy. They want either Guiliani or McCain, and they are both DIRTY AS SIN!!

Help this go viral!: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

nc4rp
01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
at least Paul is the only one polling consistantly lol, hes the only one with loyal supporters.

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Look what other Digg article leads the Political News section at Digg.com!!!:

http://defiedreality.com/politics-current-events/2502-message-john-mccain-our-soldiers.html#54248

See the list: http://digg.com/2008_us_elections

Let's get this one up there too!:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Meet_the_REAL_John_McCain

SteveMartin
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I can't believe the most important thread today got knocked out of the high-volume area. Is this forum run by closet McCain supporters, or what?!?

BreakYourChains
01-03-2008, 12:54 AM
The media has been trying to jump start McCain forever now, it NEVER works, he does not have much support... the media is SEVERELY over-estimating their power to control elections. The only thing they have left to wield is the poll numbers, which are ALSO bogus and consistently prove to be in-accurate. :)

Well, think about this. Media takes turns jump-starting ALL of the opposition candidates - they do what they are told to do. Why? They are throwing each of them at "we the people" and want to see which one of them actually sticks with the sheeple. Why? Because just perhaps the elections are controlled and fixed. They who own/manipulate the candidates do not worry (and perhaps some of the candidates do not even know they are owned/manipulated), but the media sets the stage for one of "their" candidates to be handed the election via vote fraud. Media falls in line, doing as they are told like good little stormtroopers.

McCain, Biden, Dodd, Thompson, Clinton, Richardson, all CRF. Mr Obama is advised by CFR. Giuliani has ties if he is not official(writes his foreign policy with Maurice R Greenberg, CFR member), and Huckebee's foreign policy guy is Haas, president of CFR. Romney is a neocon in his policy and thinking. They could care less who wins...someone above CFR owns all influence....

This is why I think Giuliani is bypassing Iowa and NH, and hitting Florida and other states. Might be because he and his handlers know that things can be swayed in his favor in some states, and not so easily in others?

This is why it is important for ALL of us to volunteer to poll watch, or watch from our computers if we cannot directly participate. NO MORE THIEVING!!!

adwads
01-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Bump!