PDA

View Full Version : Huck on Jay Leno

figueir2
01-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Anyone just watch Huck on Leno. He did well. Nothing he said I immediately disagreed with. Can anyone give me reason why I should believe otherwise.

RP-Republican
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
is this the huck forum?

aravoth
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Anyone just watch Huck on Leno. He did well. Nothing he said I immediately disagreed with. Can anyone give me reason why I should believe otherwise.

Who?

fuzzybekool
Huck-a-hoo ????

ghemminger
be polite... Welcome to the forums

RobS
I didn't watch it.

He is pretty good, like most politicians are, at talking for a long time without actually saying anything. Thus, there is nothing for you to disagree with.

Trigonx
i don't want a replacement for the income tax.

Azprint
And what exactly he said? Yep, that's right- NOTHING! Difficult to disagree with something that meaningless.

RP4Pres2008
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM

If you can't find them...there is no helping you brother...:eek::eek::confused::confused:

TheIndependent

The name isn't quite familiar to me. Why should I care about a second-rate indie flick called I <3 Huckabees?

homah

I doubt many people watched it. Post the transcript and then we can talk about it.

evadmurd
Huckabee, shuckabee. He's a wannabee kingabee.

AggieforPaul
He did a good job. He excels in relaxes, conversational environments.

Hopefully the Iowa viewers took offense at Leno's joke about how caucus is Greek for "the only day anybody pays any attention to Iowa" and vote for RP.

The Lantern
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM

I don't know. There is a lot of stuff I can disagree with. Maybe tomorrow we will see Tom Sawyer on Leno.

Paulitical Correctness
01-02-2008, 11:23 PM
gtfo.

Perium
If we cant get rid of the income tax, im ok with the fair tax as a substitute.

Real_CaGeD
Because he has made up his whole platform over the last month. He is saying what he thinks people want to hear.

aravoth
And what exactly he said? Yep, that's right- NOTHING! Difficult to disagree with something that meaningless.

+1

figueir2
01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I didn't watch it.

He is pretty good, like most politicians are, at talking for a long time without actually saying anything. Thus, there is nothing for you to disagree with.

True. He wasnt unappealing is what I am trying to say. I can see those knowing nothing of Paul's work can be fooled into believing Huck is on the level.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-02-2008, 11:24 PM
He photocopied his immigration plan out of a magazine.. lol.

Marc Scott Emery
01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
continue the war on drugs
continue the war in Iraq
continue to spend way beyond the means of the US taxpayer
will raise taxes
is not a conservative, but a religious populist, a John Edwards for the right, if you will...
will not abolish the death penalty

if you want more let me know...

oh yeah,

has no intelligence regarding foreign affairs
is not above leaning on others to protect family from criminal charges
is more like Elmer Gantry than any other candidate
never mentions the US Constitution or shows any insight into the founding documents.

pacelli
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
He photocopied his immigration plan out of a magazine.. lol.

Yep.. Black Belt Magazine with Chuck Norris on the front. Immigration plan involved placing ninjas hidden at random points along the border. :rolleyes:

Ron LOL
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM

For the record, Ron Paul says the same -- that he wants to abolish the income tax completely and replace it with nothing, but that anything would be better than the miles and miles of tax code that we have now...even including Fair Tax.

JohnnyWrath
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Middle class better be ready to pay the exact same taxes as Bill Gates then...the rich right now are carrying the income tax. Top 10% right now are paying well over half of all the income tax collected. Instead of 55%, they will be paying only 10%, so it is fair to them, but it will burden all middle class when gas and electric...bread and fuel, and everything else instantly costs 23% more.

RobS
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Be nice to this guy, he isn't a troll. Just look at his post history. Unless he has been a undercover Huck support the past few months he has been around and it looks like donating money for quite some time.

Get a Youtube and/or transcript and we can break it down for you.

But, based off the rest of his campaign I disagree with him on the following:

Character flaws - ethics violations, lying/not telling the whole truth about his record
Taxation - Raised taxes as governor of Arkansas more than Bill Clinton....
Fiscal liberal - Wants to spend money to do the "right thing", that isn't governments job.

Enzo
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Fuck Huckabee

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't watch it.

This is true... he also looks very "sweet" when he talks...

rfbz
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM

I didn't see it, but was there something he said that you really agreed with? In my opinion, most of what Huckabee says is fluff intended to win over people who don't really pay attention to specific positions on the issues - kind of like Hillary. People get all excited about these people because of their charisma, while their plans for when they get into the white house are secondary.

Thumper
01-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Middle class better be ready to pay the exact same taxes as Bill Gates then...the rich right now are carrying the income tax. Top 10% right now are paying well over half of all the income tax collected. Instead of 55%, they will be paying only 10%, so it is fair to them, but it will burden all middle class when gas and electric...bread and fuel, and everything else instantly costs 23% more.

You cant be serious...you really think the rich are paying more income tax in dollars than the middle class? I would really love to see some numbers on that one...

jd603
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Huckabee is another pro-war, pro-world-empire establishment candidate (and thus big government). The ONLY reason he has gotten this kind of media attention is because of his campaign manager who is or at least was CFR.

As you can see he still fails to raise any real money even with enormous and gracious media coverage on virtually every news station.

DjLoTi
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Huck literally said this in response to a question about foreign policy:

"I don't know too much about that, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night"

Google Huckabee and Holiday Inn. You'll find the quote.

Xonox
Huck dosen't know a thing about foreign policy. If your going to continue to wage wars and police the globe, you should at least know where pakistan is.

RobS
You cant be serious...you really think the rich are paying more income tax in dollars than the middle class? I would really love to see some numbers on that one...

I am pretty sure the rich pay more than anybody else. It may hurt the middle class more, but the rich definitely pay the most.

I'm sure numbers can be found, I'm not going to do that tonight, someone else will come through for you I am sure :)

My brother is a CPA and we have talked politics plenty of times, and the fact that the rich pay much more in income tax has come up many times. They basically carry the whole system.

robert4rp08
He didn't really say anything substantial. Mostly talked about the fair tax plan, how he lost weight, why he plays guitar, how he came to be a minister, the first time he met leno, living in a trailer during a renovation, .... and that's about it.

Admittedly, he came off pretty likeable. But yeah, nothing of political substance.

pahs1994
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
He wants the "fair tax" i don't know much about it but when they use nice words like "Fair" or "Patriot" act.. it seems like something must not be right. anyways RP wants to replace the income tax with NOTHING. Also Huckabee just seems scummy to me. He just doesn't seem sincere, he says alot of stuff that you can tell he rehearsed at home for hours just in case someone asked him something that he didn't want to answer honestly. i dont see how some people can't see that in him.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
01-02-2008, 11:45 PM
The rich dont pay taxes. They put their wealth in foundations and other tax shelters. Or as Warren Buffet does, puts all their money in the market and lives off bank loans using their stocks as collateral.

PaulineDisciple
01-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Marc summarized his bad points very well, but more importantly is his record. Republicans usually sound better than Democrats but when they get into office they grow government faster than if the Democrat that they ran against was elected. This has been a game that the two parties have been playing for a few generations now. I am convinced that the internet has played a key role at exposing this fraud that has been purpitrated on the people and we are starting to wake up to the ever increasing burden that big government has on our money, our lives and our freedoms.

SPmachina033
01-03-2008, 12:09 AM

Yes, I have read the book on fair tax and I must say it is much better than the income tax but then again almost anything is. The income tax is the biggest fraud in the history of the U.S.A.

amonasro
01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Hannity tore him a new one the other night. Huckabee got flustered when questioned about his negative Romney ad that he went behind Ed Rollins' back (his campaign manager!) to show the media.

"Well we didn't run the ad, Sean, what we did we pulled it, I knew that if we said we made one and didn't reveal that it existed there would have been cynicism in the reporters that said, 'oh you really didn't have one' but we did!"

"Well.. if we didn't show the ad to the reporters, they would have said we didn't have one. So we didn't give them a copy of the big thick folder of material that we had but we destroyed it... we played it only for the room of those people."

WTF, you either ran it or you DIDN'T

TheIndependent
01-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Yes, I have read the book on fair tax and I must say it is much better than the income tax but then again almost anything is. The income tax is the biggest fraud in the history of the U.S.A.

I've read it and have done substantial additional reading up on the supposed 'Fair Tax'. It's neither fair nor feasible.

xexkxex
01-03-2008, 01:17 AM
is this the huck forum?

Nope..it the "General Politics & Other" sub forum.

....sooooo.....;)

asgardshill
01-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Nope..it the "General Politics & Other" sub forum.

Also known as "Ron Paul Siberia" - where crackpots and those who see monsters under their bed come to congregate and exchange beauty tips.

cindy25
01-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Leno is an easy soft interview; everyone comes across good.

and Huck does not mention being pro-war in those type of interviews.

But Huck will fade after tomorrows moment in the snow