PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul winning at Yale!

Cardinal Red
01-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Interesting article from my Alma Mater. OK, it needs to be said, that like the rest of the Ivy leaguge Yale's campus is hopelessly liberal, so his numbers are dwarfed by Hillary and Obama, but they are similar to Edwards with about 6% of the campus' voters who have decided on a candidate. He is the top choice of all Republican candidates.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/22877

This is actually more important than you'd think for the long-term future of our movement--For Good or ill, Yale grads have always had an outsized influence on American conservatism. By the time I was an undergrad and there weren't many conservatives there, but several of my old conservative classmates from Yale now stock the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board, conservative think tanks, or play other influential roles in the "elite" conservative movement. And of course, a few years before my time we had George Bush:mad::mad:

This support for Paul suggests that our future conservative elites may be a bit smarter than our current ones. ;)

louisiana4liberty
01-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Interesting article from my Alma Mater. OK, it needs to be said, that like the rest of the Ivy leaguge Yale's campus is hopelessly liberal, so his numbers are dwarfed by Hillary and Obama, but they are similar to Edwards with about 6% of the campus' voters who have decided on a candidate. He is the top choice of all Republican candidates.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/22877

This is actually more important than you'd think for the long-term future of our movement--For Good or ill, Yale grads have always had an outsized influence on American conservatism. By the time I was an undergrad and there weren't many conservatives there, but several of my old conservative classmates from Yale now stock the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board, conservative think tanks, or play other influential roles in the "elite" conservative movement. And of course, a few years before my time we had George Bush:mad::mad:

This support for Paul suggests that our future conservative elites may be a bit smarter than our current ones. ;)

The Ivy League hasn't figured out that we're on the verge of financial collapse and Ron Paul is the only one talking about a real solution?