PDA

View Full Version : So when are we going to start seeing the results?

Pete Kay
01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I've been searching around and I haven't seen any times for possible caucus results given. I know usually with primaries, the votes are tallied and even with partial numbers, the victor is declared that night. I figured with caucuses it would be easier to tally the votes since they do that right there at the individual caucus.

So when will we hear something?

Ron Paul Fan
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
They Will Probably Be Released Around 8-9 Pm Ct!

tsetsefly
01-02-2008, 10:30 PM
exit polls should start coming out a couple of hours afterwards, I heard they do the exit polls when people go in to vote so it might be earlier than that...

skinzterpswizfan
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I heard something about CNN doing entrance polling, so if they do that we should start hearing stuff right when the caucuses start. It's not final data though.

Pete Kay
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I heard something about CNN doing entrance polling, so if they do that we should start hearing stuff right when the caucuses start. It's not final data though.

Entrance polling is crap because at a caucus people can change their mind and many do. Caucuses are all about persuading others. There's not secret ballots there. Someone can go to a caucus a McCain supporter and then see the swarms of Ron Paul supporters and jump over at the last minute.

skinzterpswizfan
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Entrance polling is crap because at a caucus people can change their mind and many do. Caucuses are all about persuading others. There's not secret ballots there. Someone can go to a caucus a McCain supporter and then see the swarms of Ron Paul supporters and jump over at the last minute.

Yeah, I mentioned in another thread it should be interesting to see what the entrance numbers have Paul at vs. the final results.

pdavis
01-02-2008, 10:42 PM

There are secret ballots in the Republican caucuses.

tesseract
01-02-2008, 10:45 PM
There will apparently be live-updating returns at http://www.iowagop.net/

Pete Kay
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
There are secret ballots in the Republican caucuses.

Okay. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the Dems, where they jump in groups with each other. Anyway, even with secret ballots, people still do change their minds so it does a disservice to the process to even post entrance polls.