PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready for the after-IOWA deluge?

mdevour
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Hear ye! Hear ye!

May I PLEASE have your attention!

Starting tomorrow, our grassroots movement is going to be inundated by people curious about Ron Paul, this guy they never looked at before who did better than he was supposed to in Iowa.

ARE WE READY FOR THEM!!!???

I respectfully say, no!

We, Ron Paul supporters, need to ramp up a special CELEBRATION...

Thank you to Iowa and Iowans for your support!

Thank you volunteers and organizers for all your hard work!

Thank you Ron Paul, for your message of HOPE!

WELCOME to all the new people joining the Revolution!

RIGHT NOW, RON PAUL SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE ARE THROWING A PARTY TO CELEBRATE THIS HISTORIC EVENT AND RAISE THE MONEY DR. PAUL NEEDS TO BLITZ 20 STATES AND WIN ON SUPER TUESDAY!!!

Join us NOW!

Do you hear it, ladies and gentlemen??? This is the kind of message we need to greet these new people with.

If we come out of Iowa with nothing to show new people but a disorganized rabble of competing fundraisers, we will lose a tremendous opportunity to lock in their support for Ron Paul and raise money the campaign so desperately needs!

We can call it, "Welcome Home Iowa!"

We'll quote their State Motto:

"Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain."

Sounds like our kind of folks, right!?

We'll set a "modest" goal of, say $4 million dollars to be raised between 12:00 AM Friday morning, and 11:59pm Sunday night!

That's 3 whole days, right when interest will be highest. A conservative goal just begging to be exceeded. No pushing to break our own records!

Getting new people to buy-in to the excitement, literally, right away!

Then we do it again, after New Hampshire...

Then we'll hit it with Benjamin Franklin's birthday...

And when we've raised the $23 million for the campaign, we'll raise another $5 million for grassroots projects in all 20 states, for the blimp, and whatever else our imaginations can dream up between now and then...

This movement is just beginning to feel its own power and become self-aware. Can we please focus ourselves on something good, catchy, and wholesome, in time to catch the wave that's coming ashore when they announce the vote tomorrow night?

I've registered these domain names, in case anybody decides to run with this concept:

welcomehomeiowa.org / .net / .info / .us

I also have:

ronpaulsupertuesday.com / .net / .org / .info

Can you think of something good to do with that one? :D

I have an idea. Look in this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=70529)...

Please, folks, we need people with web skills and hosting resources to make this happen, neither of which I possess. If you think it's a good idea, please help me gather the support needed to make it real.

The clock is counting down...

For Liberty!

Mike D.

mdevour
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM

Thank you to Iowa and Iowans for your support!

Thank you volunteers and organizers for all your hard work!

Thank you Ron Paul, for your message of HOPE!

WELCOME to all the new people joining the Revolution!

RIGHT NOW, RON PAUL SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE ARE THROWING A PARTY TO CELEBRATE THIS HISTORIC EVENT AND RAISE THE MONEY DR. PAUL NEEDS TO BLITZ 20 STATES AND WIN ON SUPER TUESDAY!!!

Join us NOW!

Do you hear it, ladies and gentlemen??? This is the kind of message we need to greet these new people with.

bump!

hillertexas
01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
bump

pinkmandy
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Then we might want to refrain from calling new members trolls before investigating...maybe a few of the senior members can set up some kind of email accounts so instead of calling someone a troll just send the senior member a quick email w/the "troll's" username. I can't think of a better way to turn new people off than to see one ask what seems to many of us as a dumb question only to be responded to with "troll". JMHO.

FreedomLover
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
copy and paste your post for tomorrow. :)

Everyone should be on their best behavior for the curious. No "WTF I GUY I KNOW SAID THAT HILLARY CLINTON CAUSED 9/11" or "1 post? you must be a troll!" type of stuff.

walt
01-02-2008, 11:47 PM
leave it to a blimp guy to make it about money and not actualy converting the people to vote...*sigh*

libertythor
01-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Bump

enjoiskaterguy
01-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I like this....I even had the same idea but only wrote i little snippit on the fundraiser debate threads a couple days ago. Keep it rolling.

mexicanpizza
01-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Aboslutely. Best behavior tomorrow...ESPECIALLY if RP does ridiculously well, as there will be a ton of newbs looking to "Be a Part of It".

Don't turn them off.

mdevour
01-03-2008, 03:26 AM
This is a link to my original message... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72167)

I like this....I even had the same idea but only wrote i little snippit on the fundraiser debate threads a couple days ago. Keep it rolling.

I'm glad you agree... Right now the most visible fundraisers are payday and Franklin, both of which are good, but Franklin isn't 'til the 17th, which is a long time to wait to get people involved, and payday promotion doesn't have the urgency of something that's happening right now and everybody's excited about it.

Aboslutely. Best behavior tomorrow...ESPECIALLY if RP does ridiculously well, as there will be a ton of newbs looking to "Be a Part of It"... Don't turn them off.

Absolutely!

Realize that we've probably already got the cream of the crop as far as tech-savvy and online engagement. As we get deeper into the population, the closer these folks will be to the average Joe who's not exactly a prime candidate for this kind of high-volume, high-strung forum experience.

Be gentle!

leave it to a blimp guy to make it about money and not actualy converting the people to vote...*sigh*

One step at a time, sir! We can and should wrap the fund raising in the message, but they go together. My suggestion is focused on our $23 million dollar goal for the next 18 days, so I guess I'm guilty as charged.

Anyway, thank you for bumping my thread, folks. (You too, Walt! :D)

It's been tough to catch eyeballs with how fast the front page is moving today, and the grassroots project threads are almost ghost-towns as far as page views.

Time is short if we're going to get out in front of the press of new people that's about to happen. I just think it would be better to have our 18 day $23 million fund raising strategy in place so they can participate in it with us.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

unloud
01-03-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm down for a party.

austin356
01-03-2008, 03:29 AM
OP its late do I have to read the whole first post? or is it just a reiteration of what was said in threads with much less traffic?

You already know I am down for what you were talking about yesterday.

mdevour
01-03-2008, 03:40 AM
OP its late do I have to read the whole first post? or is it just a reiteration of what was said in threads with much less traffic?

You already know I am down for what you were talking about yesterday.

LOL! Hi Austin!

Yes, I need to get some shuteye, myself. :o

You should probably read the first post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=790324#post790324)... unlike what I was writing about yesterday, it's focused on a fund raising event for the first 2-3 days of the 18-day plan, and the main idea of the buzz we might be able to create.

The key part is this:

* Thank you to Iowa and Iowans for your support!

* Thank you volunteers and organizers for all your hard work!

* Thank you Ron Paul, for your message of HOPE!

* WELCOME to all the new people joining the Revolution!

* RIGHT NOW, RON PAUL SUPPORTERS EVERYWHERE ARE THROWING A PARTY TO CELEBRATE THIS HISTORIC EVENT AND RAISE THE MONEY DR. PAUL NEEDS TO BLITZ 20 STATES AND WIN ON SUPER TUESDAY!!!

Join us NOW!

Hoping for fantastic things tonight in Iowa, I'll be content with merely the astounding! :D

For Liberty!

Mike D.

Hangly Man
01-03-2008, 05:26 AM
These forums are having a hard time already :P Perhaps some consideration should be given to upgrading the server.

OferNave
01-03-2008, 06:03 AM
This is true. After we rock Iowa, we will be top tier and start getting massively support. Likewise, when we get the nomination, the entire republican party will be behind us, which means half the country, and we'll have to act better.

Which sucks, because I do enjoy fucking cussing. :) Ah, well...

Remember. Tonight, everyone else will find out what we've known for a while... that we're the leaders now. Now we have to act like it.

Menthol Patch
01-03-2008, 06:13 AM
We need to be prepared for the SURGE of attention we will get if we win or come in second.