PDA

View Full Version : How many of us live in a voting house with a shared land line?

shasshas
01-02-2008, 09:47 PM
(Darn I wanted to post this in a poll - im going to repost this thread sorry)

Wolf Blitzer, being the pragmatic analytical guy he is, made an astute observation in this youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1oKtMS-LE

He said that normal phone polling could be biased because many young 20-30 yo voters are living with their parents or in a shared house with one landline. And they each have a mobile.

So land line polling just doesn't describe the precise voting break up.

HOw many of you guys live in a shared home with one pollable landline and have your own mobile?

Bossobass
01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Just from my tiny little world:

I haven't been registered to vote in 36 years. No calls from pollsters. 100% RP vote.

My wife has been registered independent and voted for Nader. No calls from pollsters. 100% RP vote.

My sons have never been registered to vote and have no land lines. No calls from pollsters. 100% RP vote.

My neighbor and friend has registered and voted Democratic in the last 2 elections. No calls from pollsters. 100% RP vote.

His mother-in-law was registered Repub last time and voted for McCain. She may have been polled early on and definitely was a die-hard McCain supporter. She now sports a RP bumper sticker, has donated and...100% RP vote.

My nephew and 4 of his friends have never been registered to vote. No land lines. No calls from pollsters. 100% RP votes.

So, we have 11 guaranteed RP votes with only one eligible 'scientific poll' candidate, who answered McCain back in June.

This is what we've been saying all along.

Bosso