PDA

View Full Version : NH Paper on McCain (mentions RP)

Bradley in DC
07-15-2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=Can+McCain+rebound%3f+Only+i n+New+Hampshire&articleId=29ae9a20-05dd-4bfc-acb9-c811b86af99c

Wyurm
07-15-2007, 12:14 AM
It calls him quixotic. Being called a longshot is better than being called quixotic. Though thankfully most people reading it wont know that quixotic means deluded or going for an unreachable goal. Hopefully they won't look it up like I did. :p

Dustancostine
07-15-2007, 12:17 AM
It calls him quixotic. Being called a longshot is better than being called quixotic. Though thankfully most people reading it wont know that quixotic means deluded or going for an unreachable goal. Hopefully they won't look it up like I did. :p

If you have never read Don Quixote you need to, it is very good and very entertaining.

Wyurm
07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
If you have never read Don Quixote you need to, it is very good and very entertaining.

Gah, you mean others know the meaning of quixotic? Well, then this is upsetting.

Thomas_Paine
07-15-2007, 12:49 AM
After reading this, "Quixotic challenger Ron Paul, who doesn't even register in many polls."

I replied,

Quixotic-

"Pertaining to or resembling Don Quijote, the hero of Cervantes's celebrated romance of that name; hence, extravagantly or absurdly romantic; striving for an unattainable or impracticable ideal; characterized by futile self-devotion."

John McCain maybe but certainly NOT Dr. Ron Paul,

Tens of thousands of people across America are excited about Ron Paul's message of a Constitutionally limited government. Individual Liberty, Property Rights, Economic Freedom, Prosperity. Abolishing the IRS and Income tax and replacing it with NOTHING, simply by changing our foreign policy to one of PEACE making not Warmongering. Right now we are borrowing billions and billions of dollars from the Chinese to fund this endless NO-WIN Iraq war! The world would be a safer more peaceful place if all nations respected the sovereignty of other nations. I hope that this message resonates in New Hampshire as much as it does here in my home state of AZ.

angelatc
07-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Gah, you mean others know the meaning of quixotic? Well, then this is upsetting.

Personally, I"d rather see his detractors refer to him as Ron Quixote than Ru Paul. That's just overdone, and not nearly as classy.

"To dream, the impossible dream....."

Thomas_Paine
07-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Ron Quixote does sound catchy but it still implies a hopeless idiot.

Dustancostine
07-15-2007, 02:06 AM
If any one is Quixotic it is Bush and Sancho Cheney. (Even though Sancho was a pun of how fat Sancho was, so I guess we can just continue to call Dick, Dick).

If anyone is a good cartoonist the perfect political cartoon would be the following:

A lanky George Bush dressed in old armor sitting atop a skinny worn-out horse (the horses name is the United States Army, the tired horse represents our over streched army). Bush is holding a lance ready to charge in his hands, at the tip of the lance is a small nuclear war head.

Behind him a overly fat Dick "Sancho" Cheney (wearing a Haliburton shirt) sits on a strong mule, but the mule is struggling with the overly fat Cheney (the mule represents the hard working American tax payer).

In front of Bush is a huge windmill (really a old oil derrick, with blades attached to look like a windmill) with a sign that says Iran. Another windmill/oil derrick next to that one says Syria, farther off is one with North Korea, and way off in the distance is one with China on it. Next to Bush and Cheney is debri from a windmill and the sign for Iraq laying on the ground.