PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up for the new Precinct Captain program.

honkywill
01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
This is important and will require serious effort.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=honkywill@gmail.com)

The Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign is pleased to announce that are now seeking volunteers to serve as designated "Precinct Captains" across America. Precinct Captains will receive canvassing lists, phone lists, training materials, and other tools to methodically get out the vote and win your precinct for Dr. Paul. As a Precinct Captain, you will be in charge of raising support for Dr. Paul in your precinct, identifying supporters, helping them get to the polls on Election Day, and campaigning at your polling place itself. The Precinct Captain is not a responsibility to be taken lightly. An average precinct has 1,000 voters in 500 households. Your role will be to ensure that every voter possible will arrive at the polls on Election Day to cast their vote for Dr. Paul. If you are ready to accept this responsibility, please do so by completing this form. Instructions for accessing Grassroots HQ will be emailed to you immediately.

honkywill
01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
no?

hopeforamerica
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Done. Thanks!

UtahApocalypse
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Is this still just the test or the real thing?

hopeforamerica
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Is this still just the test or the real thing?

The real thing.

honkywill
01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
this is daunting.

xerxesdarius
01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Done. I encourage everyone to do this, this is the most important thing to win this election.

honkywill
01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Done. I encourage everyone to do this, this is the most important thing to win this election.

QFT

hopeforamerica
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
this is daunting.

It's hard to get people to do these things. I certainly am not looking forward to canvassing, but for Ron Paul I will do anything! Come on folks, this is where we win the election!!! Sign up today.

westmich4paul
01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I signed up on the 1st. I have my precinct map and my voter lists ready to roll. I messaged everyone in my meetup to do the same thing but the site took it down. You could join the campaign but that was it no maps no lists. I am the only one in my group that got this.

honkywill
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM
This really is an amazing tool.

I plan on hitting a couple neighborhoods tomorrow and then callling those numbers the next day.

ASayre
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
The real thing.

I think it's still in testing, just in Beta 2:

from http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/pctmgmt.php

Keep in mind this is a BETA TESTING period and anything you put in will be discarded after the test period is over. So don't throw out your walk lists just yet!

jb4ronpaul
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
do it. most people will start off canvassing and do a poor job at first and be frustrated, but you will get better, and as you get better and figure out what works for what type of person, you will enjoy it because it is not only fun but you are doing something that is really effective and you will see results with people.

honkywill
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I hope it gets easy.

I can talk to random folks in an open crowd, but there is something that just makes me nervous to the bones about taking it to their home.

honkywill
01-03-2008, 11:48 AM
bump.

jake
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
join the cause. If I could , I would.

reduen
01-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I am signing up as soon as I find out what my new address will be.. :cool:

Adam Smith
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I did it. It gave you, honkywill, credit for referring me. How can I do that? How do I make it so it automatically assigns me as a referral?

jenninlouisiana
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Is this an official from the campaign statement? I'm not sure about the web address.

In Louisiana, we have all of this taken care of and coordinated with the campaign.

Mahkato
01-03-2008, 12:37 PM
It says "grassrootscentral.test" in the URL.

krott5333
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
signed up!

honkywill
01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Is this an official from the campaign statement? I'm not sure about the web address.

In Louisiana, we have all of this taken care of and coordinated with the campaign.

This is official.

Shana Cluck was my referral, and she head's up the official campaign's home schoolers division.

RobS
01-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I signed up on the 1st. I have my precinct map and my voter lists ready to roll. I messaged everyone in my meetup to do the same thing but the site took it down. You could join the campaign but that was it no maps no lists. I am the only one in my group that got this.

I am assuming that is you John, I also got in on time and got a list. Not sure why the campaign closed it back down...

mavtek
01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
I just applied to be a precinct captain yesterday. 10 minutes before the deadline :)

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to do this yesterday and it told me it was a beta.

deedles
01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
done

honkywill
01-03-2008, 02:51 PM
rock on!

pilby
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
this is still technically in beta. but the data you get is real and i don't think it's going to change much before the final release. so i think it wouldn't hurt to sign up and get cracking. just know you might get flushed out again before the official release and have to reregister.

i spent quite a while last night chatting with the guy working on the site (a2planet2) and trying to help him debug it. he said there will be a huge announcement from the campaign when it officially goes live.... which should be any day here (hopefully today??)

honkywill
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
register. reach out. win.

honkywill
01-04-2008, 03:02 AM
this is important.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 05:23 AM
bump

erin moore
01-04-2008, 05:30 AM
We need to flood the boards with this. If every one of those 11,000 people had signed up for this program (or even 1,000 of them) this whole Iowa thing would have been totally different.

You believe in Ron Paul not because someone told you about Ron Paul, but because you heard Ron Paul yourself. If you introduce people to him, you and I both know, his message is irresistible. So don't you want to know how better to arm yourself? Are the people on Dogwood Dr. liberal, what about Ponds End Lane? Are there any gun owners? Are you good at talking to pro-lifers? Want to know where they all live? You can get all the meetups to do this (each member) and give each one a job - you talk to the gun owners, I'll talk to the tax people. Hey, Jake is a pastor, he can talk to the Christians.... got it? You dont have to talk to each person on the list, but you could. Or you could call them. Or you could leave the RIGHT slim jim at their house.

SO, the precinct captain program tells you how to talk to people. It tells you who to talk to. It tells you, gosh, everything. This is how it works: go here:

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/voluntee...teer-training/

Then this will happen: they will ask for your name, address, etc. They will then take you to a screen where it will suggest your "precinct" this just means neighborhood. I was the first to sign up in my area (maybe even city) so I could choose any "precinct." I choose mine. This includes my street, and (don't freak out) a total of about 1100 addresses.

So, once you pick the precinct (you can look at maps of the area, there is a link) they then give you all these cool tools. You get a "walking list." This is the MOST AMAZING thing. It is a list of every address and all the people living there, and the issues important to them, and whether or not they are likely to donate to politics, and a scale of conservatism (1 is liberal 100 is conservative) and exclamation points if they have some sphere of influence in the community.

John Thomas 123 Maple St 77 $$ G T
April Thomas 123 Maple St 89 L
Allison Dark 124 Maple St 12 T
Gregg Dark 124 Maple St 25 !!!

so John is more conservative, is known to donate and we know he is interested in gun rights and taxes. April is even more conservative, and abortion (L for Life) is her issue. Allison and Gregg are more liberal (12 and 25) While she votes for lower taxes and he is "influential." (this could mean he owns a business, is on the school board, is in public office, who knows, but if he is converted, he would be a good source of more votes)

So, there is so much information. There are training videos, and at the end of the walking list it actually tells you how many of each slim jim you need for your precinct. Example, mine says this:

Total Slim Jims needed: 1194
Conservative General Slim Jims needed: 92
Independent General .... 554
Gun Owner ... 181
Life and Liberty...252
Fiscal conservativism.....109
border security....0

and then it says, if you cant get the special issue slim jims, to get
357 conservative and 837 independent.

see? I thought my area was highly conservative, but its more complex than that, and I know that my neighbors across the street are 88 and 96 on the scale (pretty conservative) and next door very liberal (12 and 14).

Don't you want to know these things? Its FREE, its ESSENTIAL. If there is ONE Ron Paul supporter who knows about this and is a) not doing it and b) not making sure everyone else does too, shame on you.

(re-post from another thread onthe same issue, but hey, thats all there is to say! just do it)

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 05:31 AM
We have numbers but we need a common direction and common effort to join and get the damn vote out, and a beaurocratic "grassroots advisory panel" ain't the damn answer, this precinct captain tool is. A tool like this, controlled by the campaign's side, with no glory-grabbing, just foot soldiering. Just hope the campaign finishes the app, emails everyone about it, promotes it, and gets to business of getting people to get off asses and into doorways of their neighbors in their precincts. I work all day on a PC, getting off my ass and doing more footwork is what we all need, and a finished app with email messages about precinct captain work sent by the campaign is what we need to receive and all get behind.

Trassin
01-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Bump

CelestialRender
01-04-2008, 06:47 AM
this is daunting.

Best. Campaign. Website. Tool. Ever.

How many other candidates have something "daunting" on their websites? Nope, just funny Christmas videos.

Austin
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
It's hard to get people to do these things. I certainly am not looking forward to canvassing, but for Ron Paul I will do anything! Come on folks, this is where we win the election!!! Sign up today.

I just spent 4 days here in Iowa canvassing for Dr. Paul in the blistering cold. Even with the terrible weather, I found canvassing to be quite enjoyable. Sure, you get quite a few people who really don't want to talk, but when you get someone who is actually willing to listen and talk politics, it really brightens your day. And running into a Paul supporter? It's the best feeling in the world.

This week was the first time I had ever canvassed for anything, and it was much easier, and considering how much knowledge we have of Dr. Paul, much less intimidating than I thought it would be.

If you haven't tried, I encourage you to do so, and you likely become addicted.

erin moore
01-04-2008, 07:37 AM
and for people who are still on the fence about canvassing- this list is EMPOWERING. You can just leave information and feel better knowing that you have left the correct information targeted to that person's interests.

honkywill
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Everyone needs to sign up.

OptionsTrader
01-04-2008, 03:09 PM
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Trassin
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Bump

honkywill
01-05-2008, 12:56 AM
bump

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 12:59 AM
http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/

reduen
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
I just signed up but I have a question that someone here might be able to answer.

I only received a list of 22 names for my precinct so is there any way to sign up for multiple precincts so I can do more?

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I just signed up but I have a question that someone here might be able to answer.

I only received a list of 22 names for my precinct so is there any way to sign up for multiple precincts so I can do more?

Not sure, but your precinct better be a Paul precinct :) 22!!

honkywill
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
You should be able to at least switch precincts.

reduen
01-05-2008, 01:53 AM

ahhh... yes i see where you are coming from now. I could do that to get some more names and switch back or something.

reduen
01-05-2008, 01:57 AM
Not sure, but your precinct better be a Paul precinct :) 22!!

I hear ya, but I am moving to this area just this month so I do not know any of these folks. Kinda scary to think about. My luck they are all War mongering Bush lovers and I will be hated in my new community the first month that I am there! :(:eek::o

Well, I hope not...

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 01:57 AM

You will be voting with your precinct members and electing delegates there. You are responsible for getting them out to vote at the polling location.

OptionsTrader
01-05-2008, 02:00 AM
I hear ya, but I am moving to this area just this month so I do not know any of these folks. Kinda scary to think about. My luck they are all War mongering Bush lovers and I will be hated in my new community the first month that I am there! :(:eek::o

Well, I hope not...

Not knowing them at all makes knocking on the door easier.

reduen
01-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Not knowing them at all makes knocking on the door easier.

Maybe but I may get run out of town as there are only less than a hundred people in the whole town. If I hack off 22 of them I am a gonner for sure! LOL :D

electronicmaji
01-05-2008, 02:48 AM
so how do precincts vote for delegates in primaries vs. caucuses...can anyone explain this?

Trassin
01-05-2008, 02:55 AM
so how do precincts vote for delegates in primaries vs. caucuses...can anyone explain this?

A Precinct is just the smallest grouping of voters. It is the area around where you live that will all go to one central location to vote. It is the equivalent of a congressional district except on a much smaller scale.

A caucus is something completely different.

Your state is either a caucus state: http://www.drake.edu/journalism/CyberCaucus2000/defined.html

Or a primary state: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_election

honkywill
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
bump

honkywill
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
and again.

honkywill
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
bump

pinkmandy
01-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Done. I've printed my lists and will start calling tomorrow. :D

Sey.Naci
01-07-2008, 10:33 PM
I like the changes the campaign is making to its website. Each day, there seems to be something new, even if it's a little thing.

Noticed today - and it may have been there a day or two ago - that along the very top, it indicates the number of current precinct captains and a link to Grassroots Central. Nice touch, to acknowledge the PCs and good incentive for people to help increase that number.

me3
01-12-2008, 06:02 PM
This is important and will require serious effort.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=honkywill@gmail.com)

Trassin
01-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Bump

Nicketas
01-14-2008, 02:10 PM