PDA

View Full Version : Write letters to Michigan!

rational thinker
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.louislogan.com/letters/index.asp

matthylland
01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
So i was stranded in the airport this past weekend after a flight got canceled. I wrote letters for 7 hours....My hand hurt so bad! But it made me feel so good.

RobS
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Bump! Letters are good, I guarantee people will be very impressed here in Michigan from a hand addressed letter.. don't even worry about hand writing imo. We aren't stuck up/used to letters and tons of attention like Iowa and NH voters are.

RobS
01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna give this another bump... please focus on the important stuff. I know we want to watch Iowa and get pissed at CNN, but this is something you can actually DO! I am a Meetup organizer in West Michigan, I know I would LOVE to knock on someones door and have them talk to me about this nice letter they got..

RobS
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
C'mon, anyone willing to write letters? Or are you just going to watch TV? Help us grassroots on the ground in Michigan with some mail!

kutibah
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Bump!

RobS
01-02-2008, 10:58 PM
bump... come on. You can do this as you watch the Iowa results come in!

rational thinker
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Bump!

trey4sports
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
i would be happy to hand write letters, is there anyone who would be willing to pay the stamps and envelopes etc? i have the time to write them but not the money to send em out.

i'd be more than happy to write a healthy amount of letters if i could mail them in bulk to someone who would then buy envelopes and stamps and mail them.
PM me if interested

malkusm
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I am writing 10 to SC and 10 to MI as we speak.

SC is pretty well taken care of (I was given those by my Meetup group), but we need all the help we can get for Michigan! Seriously guys, this is just about the second most important thing you can do behind canvassing - and while you can only canvass at certain times, you can write letters literally 24/7! Pull all-nighters and blow off work for RON PAUL! YEAH!

*DISCLAIMER: This poster is not responsible for any loss of on-job performance. Lack of sleep and/or not doing work may cause sudden unexpected side effects which may include verbal warnings or even termination.*

(Sorry, it's late and I've been writing too much. Seriously guys - this is really important!)

trey4sports
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I am writing 10 to SC and 10 to MI as we speak.

SC is pretty well taken care of (I was given those by my Meetup group), but we need all the help we can get for Michigan! Seriously guys, this is just about the second most important thing you can do behind canvassing - and while you can only canvass at certain times, you can write letters literally 24/7! Pull all-nighters and blow off work for RON PAUL! YEAH!

*DISCLAIMER: This poster is not responsible for any loss of on-job performance. Lack of sleep and/or not doing work may cause sudden unexpected side effects which may include verbal warnings or even termination.*

(Sorry, it's late and I've been writing too much. Seriously guys - this is really important!)

QFT

RobS
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Wish I could hook you up with stamps, but I think I will be putting money up soon when the Grand Rapids Ron office opens for supplies/furniture.

C'mon, I want to get a letter from somebody out there! :)

malkusm
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
bump

nc4rp
01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
bmup

linusPAULing
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Given that over 470,000 addresses are still available and the deadline is January 7, I'm going to focus more heavily on getting photocopies of handwritten letters mailed. I'll hand write 5-10 letters a day, but the bulk will have to be photocopies.

ThePieSwindler
01-03-2008, 12:11 AM
For anyone who can get alot of stamps somehow - dont even worry about handwriting the letters, just type a one page letter, print as many as you can afford stamps for off, and sign them and handwrite the address. Dont handwrite unless you can only afford, say, 10 letters. Even then, i wouldnt worry about it - these need to be sent out ASAP, like, today!

kutibah
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
So far I've done 110 letters. However I think I've hit my limits for funds. So unless I can get stamps I'm done for the next few weeks.

nc4rp
01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
got 20 for michigan. after bills get paid ill get 20 more if theres money left. Lets GO troops!

looks like 2000 went out in the last couple hours.

i did 90 for iowa and 20 for wyoming.

RobS
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
For anyone who can get alot of stamps somehow - dont even worry about handwriting the letters, just type a one page letter, print as many as you can afford stamps for off, and sign them and handwrite the address. Dont handwrite unless you can only afford, say, 10 letters. Even then, i wouldnt worry about it - these need to be sent out ASAP, like, today!

Agreed, just hand write the address and it will get opened. People up here will be amazed at getting a typed letter with a signature.. trust me.

kutibah
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Agreed, just hand write the address and it will get opened. People up here will be amazed at getting a typed letter with a signature.. trust me.

+1

justinc.1089
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Excuse me, Michigan? We have a strong presence in Michigan according to some polls, but in SC we're looking at a DEFINITE 2nd right now, if not 3rd or even possibly 4th.

You people need to be writing to SC, NOT Michigan. We're many times over more likely to win the less important Michigan than the more important South Carolina. So wouldn't it make more sense to be focused on SC?

nc4rp
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Excuse me, Michigan? We have a strong presence in Michigan according to some polls, but in SC we're looking at a DEFINITE 2nd right now, if not 3rd or even possibly 4th.

You people need to be writing to SC, NOT Michigan. We're many times over more likely to win the less important Michigan than the more important South Carolina. So wouldn't it make more sense to be focused on SC?

GOOD POINT >>>>>> OK TROOPS GO GO SOUTH CAROLINA LETTERS!!

linusPAULing
01-03-2008, 11:07 AM
unless they come up with more addresses.

Michigan has over 470,000 available addresses.

Patrick Henry
01-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Placemark