PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Says Reason Magazine is One of His Favorite Magazines [Video]

Knightskye
01-02-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmLW8UF8Jo&feature=related

The video is of a hearing about Internet Gambling, with an editor of Reason Magazine testifying. Ron's not a member of the Libertarian Party anymore, but he still likes to read about them. :D

amistybleu
01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmLW8UF8Jo&feature=related

The video is of a hearing about Internet Gambling, with an editor of Reason Magazine testifying. Ron's not a member of the Libertarian Party anymore, but he still likes to read about them. :D

While playing on line Poker no doubt. :)

xerxesdarius
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I found Reason about six years ago and have been a loyal subscriber since. There is simply no other political magazine that comes close to its scholarship.

0zzy
01-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I found Reason about six years ago and have been a loyal subscriber since. There is simply no other political magazine that comes close to its scholarship.

I heard Buchanan's magazine is pretty good.

TheIndependent
01-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Ron's not a member of the Libertarian Party anymore, but he still likes to read about them. :D

Reason Magazine covers politics in general, and has no bent toward the Libertarian Party whatsoever. They're technically a non-partisan magazine that has a small-L (i.e., non-party) libertarian philosophy.

DRV45N05
01-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Actually, Paul is in fact still a dues-paying member of the Libertarian Party. He's both a Republican and a Libertarian.

No surprise that Reason is one of his best magazines.

Johncjackson
01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Yeah, reason is pretty much small l. Without watching I am going to guess the reason editor was Balko. I have been reading his personal blog 5-6 years- since before he was with reason ( perhaps even before Cato). He has always considered himself "small l."

As far as the Libertarian Party. I believe Ron Paul is technically a Life Member and has appeared at many LP events even after rejoining the Republican party in 1995. It's not like he burned his card and ended all contact with libertarians. One does not need to be registered as a libertarian to be considered a "member." I think there are quite a few Republican LP members or donors.

thisisgiparti
01-03-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm a fan of Reason now, too, after seeing Gillespie on the Oh Really? Factor.