PDA

View Full Version : Name Recognition: Reaching Diverse crowds

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 09:27 PM
I thought this would be a good place to share places that your meetup group has gone to get name recognition for Dr. Paul.
When we see good ones, we can share it with our meetups

My Meetup group so far has done "Ron Paul sign parties" at:

1.) A public park/city-wide festival
2.) Gun show
3.) Free outdoor concerts

Where have you guys distributed pamphlets, held signs, etc?

Ronstock '08
07-14-2007, 09:31 PM
I thought this would be a good place to share places that your meetup group has gone to get name recognition for Dr. Paul.

2.) Gun show

Fourth of July Celebration, Faith, NC , distributed at least 2,000 flyers over the 5 day event. Here's a few pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9139407@N02/

jonahtrainer
07-14-2007, 09:51 PM

2.) Gun show

My friends and I went into the Gaslamp in San Diego last night with Ron Paul signs and our video camera and I made a quick YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGfXIKHowoU). People started approaching us!

It was a lot of fun and we plan to do it again with more people. Maybe bring some guitars and do some street performing to.

At the iPhone launch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhiToVtab2w) I had the sign in the background when my friend was interviewed by NBC. Several people approached me to ask about Ron Paul there.

Last week at the movies I let someone watch Freedom is Popular on my iPhone.

There are a lot of low cost ways to gain name recognition. Plus, this is fun!

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 09:55 PM
My friend and I are planing on doing the following 2 saturdays from now: We're going to walk through downtown with "Free High Fives" signs while wearing our Ron Paul shirts. Hopefuly people ask about him and we'll have campaign pamphlets on us as well as Ron Paul stickers on the top of the sign. Either way, we'll have fun giving high 5's lol

We call it the "Free High Fives for Paul" campaign :)

grassroots, baby!

Roxi
07-14-2007, 10:07 PM
we pass out flyers every weekend at a huge outdoor complex with shopping, restaraunts, cafe's and a huge ampitheatre that has live bands there is usually several thousand people there.

Tonight we stood outside our local baseball stadium (tulsa drillers) and held up signs and banners got some honks, one guy stopped in the street to clap, lots of whoo hoos, overall it went great!

ronpaulitician
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
My friend and I are planing on doing the following 2 saturdays from now: We're going to walk through downtown with "Free High Fives" signs while wearing our Ron Paul shirts. Hopefuly people ask about him and we'll have campaign pamphlets on us as well as Ron Paul stickers on the top of the sign. Either way, we'll have fun giving high 5's lol

We call it the "Free High Fives for Paul" campaign :)

grassroots, baby!

What, no free hugs? ;)

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
What, no free hugs? ;)

That's too personal for some people

We were doing 'Free High Fives" at concerts long before the Free Hugs videos on youtube if you've seen them ;)

ronpaulitician
07-14-2007, 11:02 PM
That's too personal for some people

We were doing 'Free High Fives" at concerts long before the Free Hugs videos on youtube if you've seen them ;)
Yeah, hugs would be way to personal for me, whether I'm the giver or the taker.

I think I'll stick to "Ask me about Ron Paul". Not much of a high-fiver. Always end up missing the target and looking awkward.