PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've applied for Precinct chair tonight...

Akus
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
So the office of our County's GOP was closing tonight at 6 pm, unusually late. I got in in the last fifteen minutes of it. Luckily, I've had all of my paperwork filled out. Even brought the registration car (you never know).

I've parked my car in a different parking lot in a poorly visible parking spot. My three bumper stickers on the back on the left and on the right leave very little room for thought about my Republican party candidate preference, so I decided not to wear it on my sleeve that much.

Anyway. Walked in. A bunch of folks all old enough to be my dad or mom. No grannies or old geezers old enough to remember when the South rose (:D). To the immediate right, a case with campaign literature and bumper stickers of everyone and anyone, with a sad exception:( To the right, two huge portraits of Dubya and Darth Vader with his "fuck you, what YOU gonna do?" smirk.

So I've announced that I am here for my precint chair application. I was sat at the table and ask to fill out the application to which I replied "Already done". So we went to another room and notarized it. The guy who did it had several huge Reagan portraits and wood-and-glass encased copy of the invitation to Ronald Reagan's funeral.

I did ask how I can get a list of voters to sread the word about me. He directed me to Dallas County court. He said he even thinks the list is for free. Whatever.

I was expecting some kind of an interview so they can weed out "the undesirables" wink wink nudge nudge. There wasn't one. I guess it was because they were too busy trying to close the office for the day. I don't know.

Any way, that was my first experience in local politics.

PatriotOne
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Good job Akus! Who were you prepared to say you were supporting had they asked?

constitutional
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Awesome and your comment, "Dubya and Darth Vader with his "fuck you, what YOU gonna do?" smirk" made me laugh. :) thanks.

Akus
01-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Good job Akus! Who were you prepared to say you were supporting had they asked?

Whoever is getting the higher ground. I wasn't gonna beat my gums about Ron Paul unless directly asked or downright painted into the corner.

Akus
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Bumpage cause this got buried way too early.

bmovers
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
"To the immediate right, a case with campaign literature and bumper stickers of everyone and anyone, with a sad exception"

What does that mean? If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying your county's GOP office did not have Ron Paul handouts or bumper stickers, but did have them of the other candidates...??
And in Texas?

Nyte
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Nice work! Doesn't it feel great!

me3
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Thank you Akus! Great work!

Spirit of '76
01-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Excellent! This is the kind of work that will win us the election.

Bravo!

Akus
01-03-2008, 12:01 PM
"To the immediate right, a case with campaign literature and bumper stickers of everyone and anyone, with a sad exception"

What does that mean? If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying your county's GOP office did not have Ron Paul handouts or bumper stickers, but did have them of the other candidates...??
And in Texas?

Nothing Ron Paul related. If you were to judge the Presidential run by that office alone, Ron Paul is not running in this election.

hellah10
01-03-2008, 12:09 PM
good job patroit :)