PDA

View Full Version : ABC continues to delete comments.

dwdollar
05-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Most of you are probably familiar with ABC's The Ron Paul Effect (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3165894)story. ABC continues to selectively delete comments. I encourage everyone to post comments there and visit regularly to make sure they haven't been deleted. Show them you won't go away. Be persistant and even annoying.

Korey Kaczynski
05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Furthermore, be civil.

Informed Dissent
05-14-2007, 10:10 AM
I recently posted a list of ABC advertisers on houston911truth.org I suggest everyone do their part and contact them, thank-you

Jimmy
05-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Lots of Ron Paul supporters being banned on there politics message boards as well. Its getting kind of obvious whats going on over there. There was some spammers on the article comments but very few compared to just regular folks speaking civil support of him. The comments are deleted everyday. The man's record and ideas would sell themselves if given half a chance. What a disgrace.

ronpaulitician
05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been posting on ABC's political forum today. They censor the weirdest posts. I haven't figured out yet what kind of system they use.

There was a thread about Brokeback Mountain being played in schools. I posted that they should play it in Kindergarten, when it was time to put the little ones to bed, because the movie was so slow that it was bound to put them to sleep in a minute. Pretty tame compared to some of the postings on that same forum that do not get removed.

My very first post, in which I asked if anyone was gonna watch Ron Paul debate was removed. No idea why, because there was nothing in my post that could be at all considered offensive.

I reposted, and it's still up there.

llamabread
05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
You could do what I did when my post was deleted, just send any ABC email addresses and whatever corporate sponsors you can find a nice e-mail telling them why you no longer will be watching their network or anything affiliated with them. In bulk, these kinds of statements make advertisers worried.

MsDoodahs
05-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Corporate sponsors for ABC...I don't watch regular network stuff so I have no idea who to write.

Maybe if someone could compose a list of ABC News corporate sponsors, we could all email and snailmail them en masse, which would probably have some impact, though I don't think it will matter in the long run...

Bryan
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I wonder is someone is hand deleting these of if they have just written a script to do it based on "offending" keywords. Will we start to have to post with filter-busting techniques like writing "R0n Pau["? Hmmm, maybe I should try that at ABC and see if it gets removed. :)

ronpaulitician
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
It's gotta be a hand filter. Several of my posts containing "Ron Paul" are still up.

ButchHowdy
05-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I read the Rick Klein article and thought it was quite fair, balanced, and playful. I tried to compliment him but just couldn't handle filling out another form today.

interpaul
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Continue to post and just let them delete; The longer this goes on the worse it's gonna be for ABC (AnyBodyCensored)

ronpaulitician
05-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Yesterday evening, when the rate of posting went down on the board, the rate of my posts that were removed went up to almost 100%.

I have a feeling the moderators just remove posts as they please, regardless of content, if posted by someone with whose political philosophy they disagree.

ronpaulitician
05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
I've given up. It seems it may just be a case of a sole moderator selectively removing posts. Everything was fine up until 2:00pm or so. From that point on, all my posts were removed.

I left ABC a comment about the selective moderation. If they don't respond, I'm gonna go write their advertisers that I will no longer watch ABC programming. It's left a very bitter taste in my mouth.