PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is the right place for this or not but here goes:

jillian
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I just learned about HR 393

H. R. 393To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.

I was wondering if I could hear some of your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

maggiebott
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Are we turning into Israel??? We take our orders from them so this doesn't seem out of line since both countries are warmongers.

amberj
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Is this new?

Grandson of Liberty
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
with respect, I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place for it.

jillian
01-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I thought posting in a select forum not directly related to campaigning or Fox news of an anti-war candidate about a possible draft was acceptable.

My mistake. I will take my questions elsewhere. It's unfortunate that this message board doesn't offer me the freedom to voice my concerns.

nc4rp
01-02-2008, 07:20 PM
sounds like the draft is back! glad im almost 40

tsetsefly
01-02-2008, 07:21 PM
wtf when did this go into law, and this is fucking scary:

furtherance of the national defense and homeland security,

lvp1138
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Yup. Sounds like mandatory military training like in many countries around the world.

LibertyEagle
01-02-2008, 07:25 PM
I thought posting in a select forum not directly related to campaigning or Fox news of an anti-war candidate about a possible draft was acceptable.

My mistake. I will take my questions elsewhere. It's unfortunate that this message board doesn't offer me the freedom to voice my concerns.

You're ok, Jillian. I think what they were saying is that there's another area of the forum for things that aren't directly about Ron Paul. That's all.

I think the legislation is horrible.

Mr. White

jillian
why aren't we being informed of these things?

This is an outrage!

LibertyEagle
01-02-2008, 07:30 PM

This is an outrage!

Informed by whom? The MSM? Good luck.

govtpigII
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM

This is an outrage!

I agree it looks like it is sponsored from Charles Rangel NY-15. I don't know when it was written but we must do all we can to stop it.

Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 1/10/2007) Cosponsors (2)
Latest Major Action: 2/26/2007 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

freelance
Informed by whom? The MSM? Good luck.

Yeah, this'll be another one of those stealth middle-of-the-night deals. They are turning the entire country into one big law enforcement/military agency.

aravoth
H. R. 393To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.

ROFLMAO, Already served in the Army. I dare the government to pull this shit.

govtpigII
01-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I use the word "new" lightly. Once again, it's a resolution, not a bill.

House Resolution 393 contains language that Representative Rangel has been introducing year after year since the beginning of the Conflict in Iraq. To paraphrase his stated intent of the bill, he feels that a military draft would spread the sacrifice of the war onto others that otherwise would have not had to sacrifice.

The bill is alive once again.

The last major action on the bill was on 1/10/2007, just 2 weeks ago, where it was referred to committee ( where it has always remained, and died, in the past). It was referred to the Committe on Armed Services as well as the Ways and Means Committee of which rangel is now the Majority Chair of the latter.

Key Points

(a) Obligation for Service- It is the obligation of every citizen of the United States, and every other person residing in the United States, who is between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform a period of national service as prescribed in this title unless exempted under the provisions of this title.

(b) Forms of National Service- The national service obligation under this title shall be performed either--

(1) as a member of an active or reserve component of the uniformed services; or

(2) in a civilian capacity that, as determined by the President, promotes the national defense, including national or community service and service related to homeland security.

(c) Age Limits- A person may be inducted under this title only if the person has attained the age of 18 and has not attained the age of 42.

The full length of the bill can be found at the following Library of Congress website. Just click on full length text to read the whole thing.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...temp/~bd3YE3::

*** Women are no longer excluded from the draft and the new age bracket is 18-42.

My first thread on this topic can be found at http://www.doomsdaywarriors.com/show...ght=draft+bill

*Edited to correct date of introduction of the bill.
**Also edited to include bill refernce link.

jdmetz
01-02-2008, 07:37 PM
This probably should be in the General Politics & Other forum. (or Civil Liberties? I'm not sure which.)

Paulitical Correctness
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
If these bastards went to war for the right reasons, legitimately, they wouldn't have to draft youngsters to fight their battles - we'd go willingly and passionately for our country.

I've said it before, but this country has become an enormous joke and Ron Paul along with his stern supporters are the only ones not laughing.

tsetsefly
01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
If these bastards went to war for the right reasons, legitimately, they wouldn't have to draft youngsters to fight their battles - we'd go willingly and passionately for our country.

I've said it before, but this country has become an enormous joke and Ron Paul along with his stern supporters are the only ones not laughing.

exactly I cant imagine the protest you would have over this..

shasshas
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
it is the mandatory draft

remember the draft was also used in the Vietnam war

unless you bring Ron Paul into the Presidency half of us on this forum are likely to perish on the front line

evadmurd
01-02-2008, 09:12 PM
It was introduced in Jan. 07 by Rangel. He always introduces the draft. It isn't scheduled for any action or debate.

Meatwasp
01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I heard this quite a few years ago that they wanted this. If you didn't want ti fight you did social services. This is slavery.

Pete
01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?tab=main&bill=h110-393

From past votes on similar bills, this looks to be radioactive. I wouldn't worry about it.

Pharoah
01-02-2008, 10:04 PM
^^ If you don't worry about it, it will pass easily. Why do you think it keeps coming back? That's how the game is played. Bills keep coming until you stop paying attention - then they pass in the middle of the night and you wake up to the Patriot Act and the like.

Pete
01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
^^True that, and good point. The way the amnesty bills go, SOMETHING is likely to pass sooner or later, especially as division is narrow.

So far, this one looks to be VERY unpopular, but I agree that it could sail through under the right circumstances.

Wendi
01-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Looks like the back-door way to implement a draft, to me. No big surprise, the last time we tried to fight someone else's civil war we ended up in the same mess :mad:

Wendi
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
unless you bring Ron Paul into the Presidency half of us on this forum are likely to perish on the front line If they're so badly under-manned that they need the draft, who's going to enforce it if we all refuse to serve? :D

driller80545
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I have already been drafted once!

Catatonic
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
If they're so badly under-manned that they need the draft, who's going to enforce it if we all refuse to serve? :D

Its called the department of homeland security. No matter how taxed the military gets, the praetorians will always be kept at home to push people around.

Birdlady
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
If this draft ever occurs, mark my words I am NOT going. They will have to come to my house and likely end up shooting me because I will not serve in their military.

It is no longer OUR military. It is just a tool of the globalists and I won't be part of their crusade of destroying this country and everyone else who won't bow to the globalists. :mad: