http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkc4xF_QSMk

Thankyou,

Jeremiah Black
Tyler Sims
Robert Lund

www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

Jeremy
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
We don't need to make anymore right now. We need to get the current ones on TV!

Donate to air time, not production cost.

TwiLeXia
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Just donate. His ads are fantastic.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM

WRONG!!! Diversity needs to be added to the ads we have now, before they can be widely run. We're already being accused of being racist. What kind of message do you think we will be spreading with an entirely white cast in the TV ads? They had arranged to have this diversity originally in the ads, but since the people were donating their time freely for these ads, some of the folks didn't show up, because they had a paying gig. Bottom line, we are going to have to pay some kind of paltry sum to make sure the actors show up.

Come on folks. We have run out of time. If you want ads, these people have 'em. Please fund the production FIRST.

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM

Storm commander...partially agree...in that we need to map out as fast as possible ad time in the air.

But the production and schedules for the endorsers are limited.

We need to contact everyone and push through this one time event.

This is our chance as a grass roots team between now and super tuesday to set the stage.

Once super tuesday is hit our impact will be diluted.

Its just too expensive to hit all of the super tuesday states without a super national donation effort for these type purposes.

slamhead
01-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I just donated to the production cost although I would rather just get the ads up. If it has to go this way then ok...my only question is what will he do with the funds if he does not make his goals?

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I just donated to the production cost although I would rather just get the ads up. If it has to go this way then ok...my only question is what will he do with the funds if he does not make his goals?

I think we'll meet it, slamhead. However, if we can't raise the funds in time for Super Tuesday, then I'm sure they'll go on to the next states. Let's not let this happen. We need a big donations surge, right now.

You're right though, we've got to raise money for both production and S. Carolina. Please pass this on to your Meetup group and anywhere else that you can think of.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Everyone, please tell your Meetup group about this effort. The funds need to be raised, YESTERDAY, if we are going to reach the Super Tuesday states!

PLEASE HELP!

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 12:41 PM
thanks everyone...keep up the efforts...get the messages to all meetups, push for postings to be at the top of dailypaul, etc...

This is it..big stuff...campaign winning stuff.

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 12:49 PM
bump

Thunderbolt
01-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I think that from now on, only grassroots efforts such as this one should be allowed to be hawked on these boards. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a post or two about a huge sale that will save us all a ton of money, but all for-profit adverting companies should be banned from here.

We just cannot afford to pay salaries when we have important things like this to fund where ALL of our money goes to the project.

I know we are all stretched pretty thin, but the cutesy stunts had their place and now we must follow them up with INFORMATION.

I ran into a fellow the other day who said "What is that Ron Paul Revolution sticker on your car all about? I have seen the signs all over town, but I don't know what it means."

This is an example of a poorly planned ad campaign. After a few months of the Revolution signs they should have been followed up with Ron Paul for President - more info at xxxx.

Simple. Whet their whistle and then give them a message. Well, the gimmicks have worked and whetted a lot of whistles, now we have to follow up with ads explaining who he is. These ads are quite good.

I disagree about the diversity issue. That is minor in most people's eyes and will only draw attention to an issue most don't know about. The biggest issue NOW in everyone's eyes is the economy. We need to push hard that Ron Paul has been studying economics for decades and is the only one who knows how to run an economy out of the mess we are in. - Besides, it is true.

As oil is hitting $100 a barrel, people don't give two flips about diversity, they care about the economy. Oh, it wouldn't hurt to use something other than lily white folks in the ads for sure, but we must focus on the thing that is hurting folks most right now - inflation and its cause - the Fed and the war.

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 01:34 PM
thanks for the input...greatly appreciated

rjl
01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
We had a server problem earlier this morning but it has been resolved. Everyone please donate what you can and tell people about the project. We've got a great chance to hit those states really hard with great ads. These ads WILL have an impact on the primaries in SC, Michigan, and Nevada.

We appreciate all the contributions and ALL the money will be going to airtime and production. I want everyone to know that their donations will be exclusively used for airtime and production costs.

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Just donate. His ads are fantastic.

We appreciate all the paul supporters fantastic efforts and support...keep it up..

mport1
01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
These are the best ads out there. Everybody please chip in some money. At this point I think it is better than donating to the campaign.

burningfur
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
These ads are excellent and deserve much more attention then they are receiving.

Yes, some call me bump king.

Todd
01-03-2008, 03:08 PM

+1

get the ones on time after time and then get them on the air some more....

yongrel
01-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Donate Today!

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM

We need to do both hit the new ads and donate to the air time.

I would suggest for air time that people think in 5k blocks for MI and 10k blocks for SC and NV.

Every rung you hit of 5k and 10k will mean a station or a higher number of ads we can fill in a region.

We can do this guys! There is nothing you havent achieved when you have spread the word and gave whatever you could.

Spread the word...buy the numbers..

15k=150*100 dollar donations
25k=250*100 dollar donations.

lets get this going and make our mark.

We can do this...to win the election...

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
These are the best ads out there. Everybody please chip in some money. At this point I think it is better than donating to the campaign.

The next couple ads we plan to lead by example...free market is good to get everyone to raise their game.

The current ads we need to do small edits. It wont be a big delay or expense as some may have misunderstood here almost all of the 15k is for two endorsement ads first efforts. If we can do this very quickly they could get into SC and NV...

We oh so badly want to do this...

The impact would be very noticeable to Ron's chance at winning in those two states.

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 03:18 PM
WRONG!!! Diversity needs to be added to the ads we have now, before they can be widely run. We're already being accused of being racist. What kind of message do you think we will be spreading with an entirely white cast in the TV ads? They had arranged to have this diversity originally in the ads, but since the people were donating their time freely for these ads, some of the folks didn't show up, because they had a paying gig. Bottom line, we are going to have to pay some kind of paltry sum to make sure the actors show up.

Come on folks. We have run out of time. If you want ads, these people have 'em. Please fund the production FIRST.

Boy, $10 to run 10 TV ads?!?!

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Exactly!

The change we can donate is all we need to exceed the goal and quickly.

Any two days of the lowest avg online donation days to the campaign would meet the goal for production and MI.

Do this 2 more times and we will be done for the entire effort...

We can do this!

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Thanks mport greatly appreciated!

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 04:30 PM
thanks for the bump

rjl
01-03-2008, 04:40 PM
If everyone out there who supports this ad just gave 10 or 20 bucks and told their fellow Ron Paul supporting friends about it, the goals would be hit in no time. These ads WILL make a difference in the campaign.

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
+1

get the ones on time after time and then get them on the air some more....

Thanks todd keep the support going ...its our to win if we try together as a team on these ad efforts!

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Donating to air time needs to be promoted more... How do you plan on running any ads on... $10?

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Donating to air time needs to be promoted more... How do you plan on running any ads on... $10?

People in the past have bombed at ten dollars at a time from 10 dollar starts to 15k in only a couple of days.

We can do this...we just got up on daily paul the first time yesterday a post after a few requests.

The more people advertise and post these ads the faster things will go.

Current numbers are just starting:

Production costs: 1100
south carolina air time: 85
Michigan air time: 245
Nevada air time: 60

LibertyEagle
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
bump

scandinaviany3
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I think we'll meet it, slamhead. However, if we can't raise the funds in time for Super Tuesday, then I'm sure they'll go on to the next states. Let's not let this happen. We need a big donations surge, right now.

You're right though, we've got to raise money for both production and S. Carolina. Please pass this on to your Meetup group and anywhere else that you can think of.

LibertyEagle we really appreciate your support

Thankyou

rjl
01-04-2008, 01:11 AM

I agree that we will need A LOT more money for air-time. On the other hand, if we get a new ad made and up soon--which it looks like will happen--the excitement from that would really help drive air-time fundraising. Both are important, and I encourage everyone to make up their mind what they think is most important, and donate to it. Some people will go air-time, others will pick production. They ultimately will feed each other, we hope.

Robert

http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

LibertyEagle
01-04-2008, 09:32 AM
bump

scandinaviany3
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Eric,

Thanks for your money bomb sites support for our efforts on www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

Tyler

scandinaviany3
01-06-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=75895

hotbrownsauce
01-06-2008, 11:32 PM
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

(AKA Bump)

Myerz
01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
We should make ads exposing the MSM...discredit there reporting. The public will wake up and realize that they can't be trusted......remember, we already know this but there are millions of sheep that are being led to the slaughter!

scandinaviany3
01-06-2008, 11:43 PM
We should make ads exposing the MSM...discredit there reporting. The public will wake up and realize that they can't be trusted......remember, we already know this but there are millions of sheep that are being led to the slaughter!

My family is from keizer! Good to hear from oregon!

Send us some script ideas...we have an open door with artists, citizens and directors to focus targetted messages and ideas.

seawolf
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
These ad's are of the highest quality and deserve the Ron Paul Grassroots support and immediate donation!!!

Please chip-in to either the South Carolina or the Nevada Ad's. or even better give your most generous contribution to both this weekend!!!

Remember the deadline for final donations for these two States is Monday Morning!!!

Let's go Ron Paul Forum Members. This is for our Liberty!!!

EddieJJames
01-13-2008, 03:25 AM
IMHO. These ads will not do it. You want to see an ad with power?

If the ad below was run in my state (Arizona) over and over, I guarantee ron Paul would win. Just look at that human, beaming Ron Paul smile at :24. The "Hope For America" part of the song sticks in my head for hours if not days. I've watched this ad over and over and haven't gotten sick of it.

Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73e-Cnb0K4

EddieJJames
01-13-2008, 03:58 AM
IMHO, these ads don't do it. Sorry... Here's a POWERFUL ad. I can't get enough of it, the tune sticks in my head. Get this ad on the air - everywhere - and repeatedly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73e-Cnb0K4

scandinaviany3
01-13-2008, 11:56 AM
IMHO. These ads will not do it. You want to see an ad with power?

If the ad below was run in my state (Arizona) over and over, I guarantee ron Paul would win. Just look at that human, beaming Ron Paul smile at :24. The "Hope For America" part of the song sticks in my head for hours if not days. I've watched this ad over and over and haven't gotten sick of it.

Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73e-Cnb0K4

Agreed i like that ad also.

In fact i called around and asked people to get the footage from the person that did that filming in the beginning.

Very good for military, seniors, and VA issues.

But wont be enough to win it even in AZ

Need illegal immigration, social security explanation, and much,much more.

Lou337
01-13-2008, 12:27 PM
You guys, we're getting plenty of donations from the official ronpaul2008 site so...why not create a link on that website with the option that asks people to please donate to the ads as they are part of the campaign and are needed in a hurry. When the ads are filled up with the required funds, take them off the site and put up the red official donation bar again.

So to rephrase...A lot of people like to go to the 2008 site because they can see how much the money has gone up. Why not replace that money bar with the tv ads and newspaper ads and then taking them off when the funds are in?

scandinaviany3
01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Lou,

Its illegal to do that if you are talking about the official campaign site.

Which site are you talking about?

kirkblitz
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
hows it going with the donations.

LibertyEagle
01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Please make donations here:
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

LibertyEagle
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM

Not very well. We have a long way to go, in a very short time. We need to raise a lot of money by tomorrow, so the ad time can be bought.

Somehow, we've got to raise it, so we can air the brand new endorsement ad in South Carolina. Note that it is not on the Operation Broadcast Freedom website, because they do not want to unveil it to other campaigns, before it starts being aired.

scandinaviany3
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM

There is a new update for the total on the site

rexsolomon
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry but we need Ron Paul himself to speak on his 'Just War' against OBL and how he wil use spies - and not the military to accomplish this.

IMHO, none of the ads I have seen offered by this project's website will have any greater impact than ads by other candidates of the same "He/She is the best" message.

Make that 'Just War' ad for Dr. Paul. Follow it up with an ad about how Dr. Paul in his own words intends to fix the economy and how he is the ONLY candidate that can save us without raising taxes or devaluing our currency.

THESE ARE THE REAL ADS THAT WE NEED. THE ONES THAT THE OFFICIAL RP CAMPAIGN FAILED TO PRODUCE.

I promise you this. You WILL have TONS of money coming your way if you create these ads for the RP campaign.

RollOn2day
01-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry but we need Ron Paul himself to speak on his 'Just War' against OBL and how he wil use spies - and not the military to accomplish this.

Make that 'Just War' ad for Dr. Paul. Follow it up with an ad about how Dr. Paul in his own words intends to fix the economy and how he is the ONLY candidate that can save us without raising taxes or devaluing our currency.

THESE ARE THE REAL ADS THAT WE NEED. THE ONES THAT THE OFFICIAL RP CAMPAIGN FAILED TO PRODUCE.

I promise you this. You WILL have TONS of money coming your way if you create these ads for the RP campaign.

HERE HERE!!! This is what I've been saying all along. Forget the creative, forget the actors, forget trying to spin this.
The thing that sells Ron Paul is....RON PAUL!
If you could sit someone down and just let them hear and see clips from the debates, iterviews and speaches....they would be moved! We were!

But noooooo, we've got to have someone else try and tell the public why they should vote for Ron Paul.

I don't get it. We know what got us all fired up. Why don't we give that to the public? Why do we insist that they spend endless hours on the internet to hopefully run into these powerful video clips?

Why don't we spoon feed it to them :30 seconds at a time!

And if anyone would create these ads.....the grassroots would throw unlimited amounts of money at both the production and airing of them.

We cried out to HQ that we wanted this in the ads. So why are we creating ads that use the same format?

Don't get me wrong. I support Operation Broadcast Freedom and donated right at the begining because I do feel these are better than what is coming out of HQ.

But....it isnt the type of ads that will get any body to jump out of their seat and yell " Hell yeah! Thats what I'm talking about. Who is this guy again?"

Passion baby.....we need to touch raw emotion and pull out the viewers passion.

Ron does it every time he speaks. The average person has never heard Ron Paul speak. They are not hanging on every word of every interview, debate and speach like we are.

Why can't we spoon feed them Ron Pauls face, voice and message from the good Dr himself?

I DON'T GET IT!

This is so damn easy and obvious it frustrates the HELL out of me. :confused:

Xenophage
01-14-2008, 09:23 AM
I think these are good commercials.

LibertyEagle
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Do any of you think Chuck Norris and Jim Gilchrist endorsing Huckabee had an impact on Huckabee's favorability?

How about various newspapers endorsing McCain? Do you think that has swayed some people in his direction?

You're darn right it has. The right endorsements are a powerful way of filling in gaps, or answering questions in the minds of issue voters.

The others have them and we need them. The campaign is clearly not filling that need. Operation Broadcast Freedom has stepped up to do them. They have several powerful endorsers standing in the wings to endorse Dr. Paul publicly through a television ad. All that is needed to get this accomplished is some money from us to pay their expenses to travel and film it and produce it.

Please donate to Production Costs, so that they can move forward. We are flat out running out of time, folks. I know some of us are discouraged right now, but somehow we've got to pick ourselves up and charge on. This chance we have to save our country, will not come around again anytime soon. If ever.

Lou337
01-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Lou,

Its illegal to do that if you are talking about the official campaign site.

Which site are you talking about?

Oh...nevermind then. Yeah I just figured it out...since it's individuals raising money for the ads and not for the official campaign site.

I think the official campaign should talk to those people raising money for the individual ads and try to get them into the official campaign.

Is that illegal too? :confused:

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh...nevermind then. Yeah I just figured it out...since it's individuals raising money for the ads and not for the official campaign site.

I think the official campaign should talk to those people raising money for the individual ads and try to get them into the official campaign.

Is that illegal too? :confused:

Yah unfortunately probably so.

But in our case we have actual tv ad companies that are for profit they could hire to do ads.

mikeInAZ
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
"We cried out to HQ that we wanted this in the ads. So why are we creating ads that use the same format? "

Agree. These are actors who look and sound like actors. People tune that stuff right out. Get Ron out there pounding his fist and delivering his message. That's what got me hooked.

G-Wohl
01-14-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't know, I actually happen to like these ads. I don't care much for the 4th ad, as I think that one is a bit too generic and constructed, but the other three I love! The message is delivered more clearly and delivers a more youthful message, which is something that I've not seen in any other campaign ad - for neither Ron Paul nor anybody else.

One thing I'm against is fear mongering. Our federal government loves to use this tactic, and I'm afraid of individuals using it in Ron Paul's favor. It could seriously be turned against us. I don't think it would be proper to set up a situation in a commercial which would say "look what our world will become if Ron Paul is not our next president." This is why I am a little worried of putting Dr. Paul directly into a commercial and, as others have said, "pounding his fist and delivering his message." I think this kind of direct communication is better saved for the numerous TV specials and debates that Dr. Paul has been featured in.

But this is only my opinion. If I place myself in the shoes of a young undecided voter, I think I, like most, would be quick to dismiss the ad as nonsense. It's all about context; in a debate, the suggested "pounding his fist" tactic works well, but in a commercial it needs to be a little more streamlined.

EDIT: Also, I think it's about time that we get some of these ads featuring individuals that the general public knows about. I brought up the prospect of including John Mayer, a big-time supporter, in a commercial or spot on TV where he could publicly declare he endorsed Dr. Paul. If the general public knew Mr. Mayer was a supporter, this would do WONDERS for the cause.

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Did you buy air time?

Edu
01-14-2008, 01:22 PM
EDIT: I have been informed by posts here that papers have been filed for this PAC, you can see them at:
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/transparency.html

In my previous post I was concerned. I now eat crow. No good deed goes unpunished.

Those who are asking for money should be prepared for questions, and have quick verifiable answers.

It might be better in the future to use a PAC that already exists when time is short.

LibertyEagle
01-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Edu,

Please look here:
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/transparency.html

Edu
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Edu,

Please look here:
http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/transparency.htmlOK, getting better, was the PAC abandoned? (see #1 post)
Are you part of this organization?
Is there any other way to verify where a donation goes?
Please don't get mad, think what it's like on this end, would you like your money to not go to what you thought it was going to?

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 05:34 PM
your incredibly stupid or blind, I'm not sure which. These ad's have been aired and that has been proved beyond any doubt. Why are you questioning this?

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
"We cried out to HQ that we wanted this in the ads. So why are we creating ads that use the same format? "

Agree. These are actors who look and sound like actors. People tune that stuff right out. Get Ron out there pounding his fist and delivering his message. That's what got me hooked.

The ads you see have all but one person in them that was a ron paul supporter....

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Search for PACs here: http://opensecrets.org/pacs/index.asp

No "Citizens for Smaller Government" or "Operation Broadcast Freedom".

No info, no money!

[edit/forum guidelines]

I saw the post. You need to go to our site and see our filing forms to the FEC that were sent in.

Obviously you will not see anything on open secrets since this data comes from before our filing time and last quarter.

It wont be until next quarter that the data will show up in the FEC given the creation of the PAC was this quarter.

thanks for protecting the movement,

Tyler Sims
30daystoiowa.com Co- founder
and
Co founder operationbroadcastfreedom.com

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
yes its obviously a fake pac because it obviously didnt run ads anywhere...

Just checking this chain that this was a joke?

We just started running ads in MI.

Tyler

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
OK, getting better, was the PAC abandoned? (see #1 post)
Are you part of this organization?
Is there any other way to verify where a donation goes?
Please don't get mad, think what it's like on this end, would you like your money to not go to what you thought it was going to?

Not sure of your question.

Let me understand better. I am hoping this was a misunderstanding and all is good now that you have looked through the site.

kirkblitz
01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Just checking this chain that this was a joke?

We just started running ads in MI.

Tyler

it was sarcasm :D
i left out a smiley sorry :o

Edu
01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I saw the post. You need to go to our site and see our filing forms to the FEC that were sent in.
Obviously you will not see anything on open secrets since this data comes from before our filing time and last quarter.
It wont be until next quarter that the data will show up in the FEC given the creation of the PAC was this quarter.Thanks for the info. I edited my previous post.

canadianforronpaul
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure I could legally donate to this effort as a Canadian anyway (I know I certainly can't donate to the official campaign). But just a thought for the future - I wouldn't donate for these ads, but I certainly would for Ron Paul debate clips as ads - 10 ads, each a 30 (or 60) second debate clip with Ron Paul in his own words? Isn't THAT what we're all fired up about? I certainly would donate to that. Instead of moveon.org we could have moveontoronpaul.org, if it were debate clips I think many would donate, myself included.

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
it was sarcasm :D
i left out a smiley sorry :o

I thought it was...:)

scandinaviany3
01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I edited my previous post.

Glad to hear everything worked out

rexsolomon
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
HERE HERE!!! This is what I've been saying all along. Forget the creative, forget the actors, forget trying to spin this.
The thing that sells Ron Paul is....RON PAUL!

Why can't we spoon feed them Ron Pauls face, voice and message from the good Dr himself?

I DON'T GET IT!

This is so damn easy and obvious it frustrates the HELL out of me. :confused:

I will only donate on ads wherein Dr. Paul himself speaks on the issues.

All other ads, while well intentioned - are a waste of money.

Get real! If Bush-hating Bill Maher or Howard Stern doesn't know what Dr. Paul stands for, we have to admit that we have a (pardon my French) FUCKING BIG PROBLEM.

We need our candidate, Dr. Paul to be recognized. Not some part-time actor or actress.

Do endorsements work? Yes. Are they more valuable or more effective than Dr. Paul himself speaking to the public? No.

Focus your advertisement energies - ALL of it on Dr. Paul himself. Right now, nearly all your efforts and money is just being wasted.

Time and money is something we no longer have.

canadianforronpaul
01-15-2008, 12:54 AM
I will only donate on ads wherein Dr. Paul himself speaks on the issues.

All other ads, while well intentioned - are a waste of money.

We need our candidate, Dr. Paul to be recognized. Not some part-time actor or actress.

Focus your advertisement energies - ALL of it on Dr. Paul himself. Right now, nearly all your efforts and money is just being wasted.

Time and money is something we no longer have.

Really, really, really agree. My god it's so easy - 30 second clips of Ron Paul in the debates, little to no production costs and you'd get the most effective commercial you could hope for. Ron Paul's sincerity comes through whenever he speaks, and the message is in his words. I can't understand why the official campaign hasn't figured that out - do they not understand the appeal of Ron Paul at all? All his best "commercials" are sitting on youtube - and we get these glossy themes and actors, those would be good for Mitt maybe - Ron doesn't need them!

kirkblitz
01-15-2008, 12:43 PM
when will we know when and where the ad in SC will run? I cant wait to see it :D

scandinaviany3
01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
when will we know when and where the ad in SC will run? I cant wait to see it :D

I am hearing that with limited money that the buyer put us in greenville only.

Apparently there wasnt enough money to buy enough ads to make a difference in greenville, Columbia and charleston. Target was 63k for full state full coverage. 20k donations for limited airing in Greenville, Columbia and Charleston. We raised 5k. This is a similar discussion to what happened in MI 3k raised(target 25k for 2 regions).

We should be thinking as grassroots to pre-donate from now on a slush fund. Thus the donation buttons paypal will stay up from now on. 50-100k for 3-4 million population states should be a normal target for varied ads to do a decent job.

Also hopefully next time around things calm down in the campaign in a positive light to increase donors for later states so we can cover a larger region of a state.

But hold on for now...the buyer has to look at inventory costs, etc and will get back with us on the possible options.

kirkblitz
01-17-2008, 09:38 PM
any news?

scandinaviany3
01-17-2008, 11:51 PM
any news?

Guys...we will post things as soon as we can get them.

The buy had to go in for charleston.

Greenville was bought up, Columbia to high only SC had openings.

With all the campaigns, 527's and Pac in high gear we now know we are going to have to put our buys in 2 weeks ahead of time or suffer major challenges.

rjl
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
any news?

We got 42 cable spots in Charleston for $5000. Extremely expensive apparently because every candidate and his cousin is buying every spot in sight. They're on CNN, Comedy Central, MSNBC, TNT, MTV, FX, and a couple other channels. I'll post the pre-logs when I get home from work today to show the exact times and channels.

The good news is that several Meetups and other groups have contacted us about running the ads in Oregon, Illinois, Alaska, Maryland, and South Texas. Hopefully that will happen and other groups will do the same thing. If every relatively large Meetup goes to their local stations or cable company and buys ad time, we could have Ron Paul ads everywhere. Our ads are available for any Ron Paul group and I think Frankdogg has said anyone can use his ad, so the material is out there.

kirkblitz
01-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Will you post the chuck baldwin ad on the site? I know a few people who it might convince.