PDA

View Full Version : College students in IOWA

RP4ME
01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
:confused:The media is reporting that YOU have not been returning to IOWA to vote! I really hope that YOU will rethink this! I realize your on vaca but our nations future is at stake!

Get to steppin back to Iowa!!!

bolidew
01-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Which media report?

This is very serious.

Psyclone
01-02-2008, 06:37 PM
How would they know? Any student who is coming back for the caucus is probably leaving home late today or tomorrow morning.

dircha
01-02-2008, 06:54 PM
You shouldn't need a media report to know that many college students who live in on campus dorms won't be back on college campuses until the start of Spring semester.

This has been said for months. Every year we hear candidates saying that they expect heavy turnout among of 18-22 year olds, and it never really happens.

skinzterpswizfan
01-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I heard that 80% of Iowa college students live in Iowa. If this is true then they are already in Iowa.

hocaltar
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Let me get this straight; they can't poll the college kids but they know they aren't going to vote? Hmmm.... Sounds strange to me. What % of college kids go out of state on Christmas break? I never did...

dircha
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I heard that 80% of Iowa college students live in Iowa. If this is true then they are already in Iowa.

The problem is that many of them, even if they are still in state, aren't on campus. This presents major challenges for getting them to turnout, everything from loss of enthusiasm, to being embarrassed to speak out around their family, to not knowing any other supporters in their precincts.

fletcher
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
:confused:The media is reporting that YOU have not been returning to IOWA to vote! I really hope that YOU will rethink this! I realize your on vaca but our nations future is at stake!

Get to steppin back to Iowa!!!

Why would anyone believe anything the media says? They know nothing at all. You honestly believe the media knows where students are right now?