PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul JUST on CBS news 6:10pm PST

goldenequity
07-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow....caught me totally by suprise!

It was a piece about McCain's collapsing campaign then went
right into describing the sudden growth of the Ron Paul campaign...

had a clip of the HQ and 7-8 white collared twenty-somethings manning the phones!! They were ALL busy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then a clip interview with Ron...(looking very Presidential!) on a back porch
surrounded by grass and trees being asked what he thought about all the fast growing support.....

He talks about the spontanaeity of the meet-ups...then she asks "Well what do you think of all this"....

He says "It's a MIRACLE!"

Then the piece simply returned to the "struggling" McCain thing.

They treated him like a VIABLE CANDIDATE FOLKS!!!!

Now THAT'S the miracle!!!!

FreedomLover
07-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Awesome!

MrOrange
07-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Great! Any chance anyone captured that?

angelatc
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
It looks like they replay the broadcast on their site later. <fingers crossed...>

We should all use the "Search video"function though so they will know we are looking for Ron Paul!

angelatc
07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/?source=homepage_refresh - there is a slide-show version of it on the front page. Lower right McCain story.

ChrisM
07-14-2007, 07:43 PM
I always wondered if they taped the news for the Pacific time zone... The entire broadcast should be on by tomorrow if not sooner

ratsbew
07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
The Video is up:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3058421n

Joe Knows
07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow....caught me totally by suprise!

It was a piece about McCain's collapsing campaign then went
right into describing the sudden growth of the Ron Paul campaign...

had a clip of the HQ and 7-8 white collared twenty-somethings manning the phones!! They were ALL busy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then a clip interview with Ron...(looking very Presidential!) on a back porch
surrounded by grass and trees being asked what he thought about all the fast growing support.....

He talks about the spontanaeity of the meet-ups...then she asks "Well what do you think of all this"....

He says "It's a MIRACLE!"

Then the piece simply returned to the "struggling" McCain thing.

They treated him like a VIABLE CANDIDATE FOLKS!!!!

Now THAT'S the miracle!!!!

This was a great piece.

surf
07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Nice video. Buckeye, you just confirmed something we complain about around here all the time: east coast bias....

ronpaulitician
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Excellent. The amount of exposure is starting to add up. If we keep it up out on the streets, and Paul keeps it up on TV, we really have a good shot.

"Good-shot" candidate Ron Paul.

I like the sound of that a lot more than "long-shot" candidate :)

tiznow
07-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Most importantly keep donating to HQ, money talks in today's politics as much as we don't like it and is the reason we are getting alot of this mainstream press, now that he has surpassed mccain

Wyurm
07-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Most importantly keep donating to HQ, money talks in today's politics as much as we don't like it and is the reason we are getting alot of this mainstream press, now that he has surpassed mccain

If you notice, one of the key points this story made was that Ron Paul is frugal. If McCain can't even manage his campaign on a decent budget, how is he going to handle a country thats got a massive debt?

And yes, we need to keep donating. Thank you to the OP for discovering this awsome piece. I love seeing him on the MSM now.

tiznow
07-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I wish instead of him saying "it's a miracle" as far as the meetup groups go wish woulda said something along the lines of i think my message really inspires and motivates alot of people to get behind the campaign. would have been a good spot for it and might give people that don't know him motivation themselves to find out more about him. Oh well positive press either way.

sandersondavis
07-14-2007, 08:16 PM
There has to be some way to snag this video so we can use it in the future. Will be especially valuable if McCain somehow manages to hang in as a viable candidate. I don't think it is likely that he'll be around long. He really screwed the pooch with the immigration bill fiasco.

FreedomLover
07-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Absolutely. That's why they call it the "hidden primary" after all.

Ron Paul might not have been mentioned at all if he had raised 1.9 million. We gotta keep giving as much as we can, and when we reach the 2300 $ limit, we tell other people to donate what they can.

DavyDuke17
07-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Someone please post this on youtube, for some reason there embedded movie player isn't working to well on my computer.

ratsbew
07-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Someone please post this on youtube, for some reason there embedded movie player isn't working to well on my computer.

It uses RealPlayer which is about half a decade past it's prime.

Shellshock1918
07-14-2007, 10:18 PM
The Video is up:

sweet, thanks.

angelatc
07-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I think we should *not* You Tube it until CBS takes it down. The more web hits they get the more likely they are to feature him again.

DeadheadForPaul
07-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I think we should *not* You Tube it until CBS takes it down. The more web hits they get the more likely they are to feature him again.

agreed

goldenequity
07-14-2007, 11:17 PM
It's 10:13pm PST and they pulled it already....

nice theory about the voting but a lesson learned I guess...

Better get it while the gittn's GOOD.......

we're still at war folks......gotta be quick at this game:cool:

austin356
07-14-2007, 11:40 PM
It's 10:13pm PST and they pulled it already....

nice theory about the voting but a lesson learned I guess...

Better get it while the gittn's GOOD.......

we're still at war folks......gotta be quick at this game:cool:

Video is still up. Though I think you were talking about them linking to it on their front page.......

cujothekitten
07-14-2007, 11:41 PM
If it's not on the front page then it's probably a good time to put it on youtube.