PDA

View Full Version : My theory on the Hannity interview

Duckman
01-02-2008, 04:53 PM
WHY would Sean Hannity have Ron Paul on his program, and then be NICE to him?

I think it is because of the fact that the GOP powers that be are beginning to realize that they hate the Huckster even more than Ron Paul.

As much as they disagree with Ron Paul's foreign policy, mainstream GOP types like most of the rest of his platform (pro life, secure borders, low taxes, small government).

Huckabee, on the other hand, is NOT a conservative, like Rush Limbaugh said today on his radio program. YET, he is at the top of alot of polls.

I think mainstream GOP power brokers are starting to throw everything including the kitchen sink to stop Huckabee, and if that means allying with Ron Paul and his MASSIVE support, maybe that's what they feel they have to do?

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I delerious? :p

kushaze
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I think that the media is worried that Ron Paul is going to outperform their expectations and prove to everyone that they are propagandists.

FreedomLover
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Maybe hannity was just in a good mood?

justinc.1089
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
You're delirious lol. They don't like Paul because he opposes the Fed, which makes powerful elitist people MAD money, he opposes the income tax which feeds the Fed, he opposes being Iraq which also makes elitist people money, and they dislike him because the media themselves are making money talking about Iraq.

They would much rather have Huckabee than Paul. Their strategy has changed though. They put up Huckabee thinking that some of Paul's support would settle for Huckabee, but that didn't happen. Their new strategy is to revive McCain from the dead and pray the independants that voted for him before will do so again instead of voting for Paul, but thats not going to work either, especially since McCain is in such a pitiful position. (No money, no poll numbers, no support, and little media attention compared to others)

hawkeyenick
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
by "theory" you mean "hypothesis"

OptionsTrader
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I think that the media is worried that Ron Paul is going to outperform their expectations and prove to everyone that they are propagandists.

+1

raiha
01-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm with Kushaze on this 100%

RonPaulVolunteer
01-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I think the only reason their doing it is because 1. Fo has been called out on their BS. And 2. so they can say after the Primary, well look at our last interview, no one could possibly say we had anything against the guy.

newbitech
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
"You'll come around." - Ron Paul closing out Hannity!

Freaking Priceless!

Duckman
01-02-2008, 05:01 PM
by "theory" you mean "hypothesis"

:D

Matthew Zak
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
you tube?

pilby
01-02-2008, 05:02 PM
i think it is one (or both) of two things:

- they're starting to realize that Dr Paul is for real and going to have a huge impact (if not win), so they're starting to hedge their bets. it would look really bad for them if they were still gunning for him after he won the GOP nomination

- i'll bet Dr Paul made him say pretty-please and promise not to cut him off or be rude to him before he agreed to the interview.

pilby
01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
you tube?

close. audio recording (not mine):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=71748

curtisag
01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
You have to remember, EVERYBODY, and I mean everybody, in the media has been pushing that Ron Paul is a nobody, that he can NEVER win, and now it looks like they could be so wrong it would make them look completely ridiculous. Hannity is worried about his future ratings if he's on the record being against the Republican nominee. Hannity has already stated he will support whoever the Republicans nominate, and that must include Ron Paul because he didn't state otherwise. Someone has informed Hannity that Paul actually has a chance of winning and that shocked the hell out of him.

RonPaulCentral
01-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Because he got some booty last night of course.... :p

beobeli
01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
My take is that they are nice to Ron to make us -- Ron Paul supporters -- less vigilant. When they fight Ron Paul, we fight back. When they are nice to Ron Paul, we become more complacent thinking we are winning. We are winning, but we cannot ease off now in the last mile.

The thing that worries me the most are the voting machines.

Dave Pedersen
01-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Edwards has also gone with "bring the troops home" therefore Ron Paul is no longer threatening the perpetuation of the war singlehandedly.

The war will be over. Since the troops will be brought home no matter who wins they might as well support the only Republican with a chance in the general election.

ChooseLiberty
01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Sean might have gotten a little shaken up by the boycott, email, phone blitz on Faux that's been going on.

You can't believe he hasn't noticed. That's why he mentioned that Ron Paul supporters are everywhere.

It shook his tree a little.

jm1776
01-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, all of the sponsor boycott calls... ?

PaleoConservative
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Sean always has been nice to Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul even said so today.

Sean doesn't agree with Dr. Paul on the war on terror; this doesn't mean he doesn't like him personally.

Pauliana
01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Sean might have gotten a little shaken up by the boycott, email, phone blitz on Faux that's been going on.

You can't believe he hasn't noticed. That's why he mentioned that Ron Paul supporters are everywhere.

It shook his tree a little.

Yes, their stock chart was quite amusing today. Some of it had to do with mirroring the market, but it was sinking much faster than the market.

Sean's got some nice stock options I betcha. A downward sloping line has got to get his attention, just a lil... just a hypothesis.

olehounddog
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I say let's shake it some more.

Cleaner44
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM

+1

Ronin
01-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I'd like to believe...

1. Fox is tired of their phone ringing off the hook, email servers crashing, stock tanking, and losing sponsors
2. CNN doesn't want their phone ringing off the hook, email servers crashing, stock tanking, and losing sponsors

peacemonger
01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
So we have isolated the dividing line which separates us the talking heads.

It's the "All but Foreign Policy factor."

This camp includes:
Ann Coulter
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh
Mike Savage
Bill Orielly
Laura Ingram

and many others.

Maybe Ron is right about this too. Maybe they really will come around to our side eventually. Who knows?

Adamsa
01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Ron went into that interview expecting a fight, you could tell.

I think it went pretty well. Pat Buchanan is better at explaining the withdraw of troops though.

Carole
01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Well, actually I would imagine it has a very great deal more to do with the Sunday Forum exclusion, the NH Republican leadership threat to withdraw support, and the currently ongoing dumping of NWS stock around the world, and the potential loss of all those sponsors we have been emailing/contacting. :D:D

freelance
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
This is pure conjecture, but it's my take...and worth exactly what you paid for it.

I'm not sure that they trust Huckabee, and that probably scares them. I think they might be afraid that he's a loose cannon. I say that, because his press conference where he showed the attack add was something that he hatched all by himself. Ed Rollins didn't even know about it. Why would you pay for Ed Rollins and then not follow his lead?

The CFR and TPTB want no part of a loose cannon, so if they can shift some of the Huckabee support to Ron Paul (divide the vote) and some of it just happens to slip to Romney, they're breathing easy again.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
YouTube?

Gimme Some Truth
01-02-2008, 05:33 PM
You have to remember, EVERYBODY, and I mean everybody, in the media has been pushing that Ron Paul is a nobody, that he can NEVER win, and now it looks like they could be so wrong it would make them look completely ridiculous. Hannity is worried about his future ratings if he's on the record being against the Republican nominee. Hannity has already stated he will support whoever the Republicans nominate, and that must include Ron Paul because he didn't state otherwise. Someone has informed Hannity that Paul actually has a chance of winning and that shocked the hell out of him.

I definitely have always felt that alot of the supposed neocon warmongers arn't all that invested in their espoused beliefs. Its more cheerleading for their own cause - whether it be viewers or just plain going along to get along. Loyalty to the no.1 icon of your party (namely the president) is a large issue aswell. These people are selfish and sell out their fellow citizens and the constitution for a few coins and recognition. The flipside of this is , if and when Ron Paul (or ,in the future, another "Ron Paul Republican") starts dominating you'll find that alot of the neocons will up sticks and switch allegiances.

Now, I'm not suggesting Hannity is doing that now. Its possible he is slowly covering bases ,to an extent, but Its highly unlikely he will ever support Paul's foreign policy. Infact he will probably call him a nut in a few days. These people have no backbone. These cowards call him a "nut" or "kook" when Ron isnt there to defend himself ...and when he is they dont dare call him a "kook" or whatever.

I found it interesting how he said a few times " I like you.." and "I agree with you on alot of stuff..." etc . I enjoyed the discussion they had. Hannity did put up some valid worries about Pakistan etc , but it goes without saying, Ron has a deeper sense of reality when it comes to foreign policy.

Jimmy
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Or maybe, just maybe, all of the sponsor boycott calls... ?

Well if I was him....got to figure...whats gonna happen when I start yelling and rasing hell with Ron Paul?......I'm gonna get about 100 million phone calls and emails raising much T total F%*&* hell with me........A better plan? Be alittle civil.

familydog
01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Your "theory" sounds plausible. I actually agree with the statement that the conservative talking heads in the media hate Huckabee way more than Paul.

ams5995
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
i think Sean Hannity took advantage of the Internet on his Christmas Break and realized how smart Ron Paul is. Just a little YouTube. Didnt' you hear RP say, "You'll come around" at the end of it all? hannity really was coming around and addressed some of their disagreements - i give him credit for it espeically if he helps RP get elected if he does turn around. although i am still very upset it took him this long.

Great Stuff

DenisGermany
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
In my opinion its's a lot easier...

At least over here in Germany, if there is an election coming, there are last minute polls. Which arent't published until the ballots are closed, in order not to influence the voting outcome on the next day.

These polls usually are cleared of the "undecided" element and have a lower error margin than the ones before.

The results of those polls go to the party leaders, their favored candidates and the media outlets, under non-disclosure agreements.

Now if an "underdog" candidate has an unexpected good outcome in those, the media will start using this knowledge to prepare pieces and soundbites about the "surprise" in time. Plus they will eventually start talking on election day about some unexpected results, but only very carefully until the ballots have closed, so they dont break the NDA.

So, looking at the Larry-King-Show invitation which reached the campaign out of the blue today...we might be in for a nice "surprise" tomorrow.

:o

ButchHowdy
01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Simple . . . . Hannity finally got some mud for his turtle . . . !

austin356
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
neoconservatives are very smart politically. They had the patience of 40 years to take over the Republican Party. They will put the party first and when they get backed into a corner soften up and point you over to the liberals as the worse enemy and make their way back into your home while you attack the libs.

PatriotOne
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
There has long been calls to boycott Fox news over the years, however, nothing has ever been done about it in general. They now see this movement (boycott Fox) actually has some legs because the RP Revolution is really that strong of a movement. You can bet your ass they are worried about what we can actually accomplish. Just look at what we have done in spite of them? Just look what we have done in spite of the GOP being against RP? We have truly made miracles happen. They see the writing on the wall that we are not going to be complacent and it is only a matter of time before we really are able to take FOX network down. I don't just mean us, here, on this board. I mean everybody who has been unhappy with FOX (which is a huge percentage of the internet) but just didn't feel empowered to do something about it will jump on the moving train once it starts down those tracks.

fedup100
01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I'd like to believe...

1. Fox is tired of their phone ringing off the hook, email servers crashing, stock tanking, and losing sponsors
2. CNN doesn't want their phone ringing off the hook, email servers crashing, stock tanking, and losing sponsors

bingo!!!! Plesae don't stop because they are nice NOW AT THE LAST MINUTE!:mad:

Real_CaGeD
01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
I predicted this.

They simply ran out of time for their "he cant win" strategy.

joenaab
01-02-2008, 06:27 PM

I think it is because of the fact that the GOP powers that be are beginning to realize that they hate the Huckster even more than Ron Paul.

As much as they disagree with Ron Paul's foreign policy, mainstream GOP types like most of the rest of his platform (pro life, secure borders, low taxes, small government).

Huckabee, on the other hand, is NOT a conservative, like Rush Limbaugh said today on his radio program. YET, he is at the top of alot of polls.

I think mainstream GOP power brokers are starting to throw everything including the kitchen sink to stop Huckabee, and if that means allying with Ron Paul and his MASSIVE support, maybe that's what they feel they have to do?

Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I delerious? :p

you are delirious. huckabee's recent success is entirely manufactured and he will do what he's told at all times. he is a product of the GOP powers that be.

hannity's behavior today was simply one of self-preservation.

joenaab
01-02-2008, 06:33 PM
You're delirious lol. They don't like Paul because he opposes the Fed, which makes powerful elitist people MAD money, he opposes the income tax which feeds the Fed, he opposes being Iraq which also makes elitist people money, and they dislike him because the media themselves are making money talking about Iraq.

They would much rather have Huckabee than Paul. Their strategy has changed though. They put up Huckabee thinking that some of Paul's support would settle for Huckabee, but that didn't happen. Their new strategy is to revive McCain from the dead and pray the independants that voted for him before will do so again instead of voting for Paul, but thats not going to work either, especially since McCain is in such a pitiful position. (No money, no poll numbers, no support, and little media attention compared to others)

this is spot on. and all this after they had already pranced out Rudi and Romney early on to no avail.

they'll dump McCain after NH when the primaries move on to 48 states with electronic voting and/or electronic vote counting. at that point they can choose who wins. they need Huckabee to pull votes from RP in Iowa and McCain to pull votes from RP in NH so the fraud is less obvious. i'm not sure if they'll have the balls to make Rudi win if he gets trounced in Iowa and NH, though I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Trigonx
01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
The talking heads are just trying to save their asses before going into the primaries. If they kept to their warmongering selfs and kept bashing RP and RP ends up doing EXTREMELY well they could have severely damaged their reputations even more than they already have.

rg123
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
That was a real good interview especially when Ron told him that some of the power behind Bush was Rudys foreign policy advisor Norman Podhertz. Ron has got some major courage in those statements he made about the Neocons there. He is starting to consistiently call them out.

Spirit of '76
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
you are delirious. huckabee's recent success is entirely manufactured and he will do what he's told at all times. he is a product of the GOP powers that be.

No, the GOP powers that be really don't want Huckabee. Huckabee's success is because of the friendliness of the media. Despite having no money, no support outside Iowa, and no original ideas, the media has built him up.

Huckabee represents the Religious Left, and that scares the neocons as much as the Ron Paul Revolution. He's attacked Rush Limbaugh, he's attacked Bush for his handling of the war, he's attacked the "Beltway-Manhattan Axis"...

And in return, talk radio from Rush to the local shows have been torpedoing him for weeks. Neconservative pundits and bloggers have been trashing him too. There was even a post at Redstate attacking him for his criticism of the war, and pointing out that at least when Ron Paul does it, he's doing it for conservative reasons.

No, the GOP is scared of Huckabee, but he's the media's wet dream.

hocaltar
01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Clearly Hannity saw the quality of our women. Obviously he is out looking for a piece. Girls, we don't need any neocon-constitutionalist offspring. Don't set your kids up for failure.

Carole
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
A worthy point to consider. :cool:

Carole
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree with you. Not only did Ron Paul supporters get behind this NWS stock thing, and sponsors thing, but people who did not support Paul were leaving messages all over the boards and articles online. They also are dumping stock, cutting Fox tv, etc.

I saw notes from Europe, Canada, Australia, etc.

I have been thinking that once this campaign is over, there are so many people behind this movement that it needs to stay together in order to exert power when needed on Congress and others and to continue to get behind issues that go against the Constitution and freedom. :)

Carole
01-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Exactly! All this fuss the last few days has brought some attention to Ron Paul, even though I have not seen one word on the MSM about it. Amazing how the other MSM said not one word!!! Or did I miss something? It looked like "frontrunners" as usual was going on.

Spirit of '76
01-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Carole, did you get your online voting info for the WVGOP Convention yet? I just cast 8 out of my 18 possible votes for the 8 Ron Paul delegates here in Harrison County.

How's the situation looking down in Cabell County?

WilliamC
01-02-2008, 08:04 PM

hannity's behavior today was simply one of self-preservation.

Huckabee might do as he's told until he's elected, but then he would be president and have a lot more leeway over his decisions. At least with Ron Paul the powers-that-be know exactly what they would be getting. Better the enemy that you know than an ally
that you don't?

And yes, Hannity was all about covering his ass

sanjeevjain
01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
My best guess ... there was a Fox News bimbo underneath the table doing you know what to you know who.

RP4ME
01-02-2008, 09:16 PM

that has laready happened - they have been caught with pnats down one too many times!

justatrey
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I think they're still playing games over his exclusion from the debate.

They're getting nailed with emails, calls, and other networks covering it so now they're trying to cover their asses and appear fair and balanced.

The Good Doctor
01-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Is this You Tubed? :D

"You'll come around." - Ron Paul closing out Hannity!

Freaking Priceless!

rpfreedom08
01-02-2008, 09:21 PM
lol youtube!!!!!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
When did Hannity interview Dr. Paul?

Airborn
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
looking for a youtube of this, can't find one.. anyone got the link?

SovereignMN
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQIlNVbttuM

danastos
01-02-2008, 09:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQIlNVbttuM

Airborn
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UQIlNVbttuM

thanks!

Karrl
01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I listen to Hannity sometimes. It was at least a month ago when heard him say that he was going to have all the republican candidates on his show. I said to my self even RP? I guess he couldnt put it off any longer!

pinkmandy
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Ron Paul is making these guys think...all the emails, the phone calls...they are realizing there aren't that many "kooks" and while they still don't really get it thanks to all the brainwashing they are seeing that the other side might just be sane. The next step is actually researching Dr. Paul and then they're ours!

free.alive
01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Maybe it has something to do with Fox's tanking stock prices.